• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the last person you'd expect to be announced in SSBU?

femalesonicexe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5344-2946-9389
What if nintendo pulled a wii fit trainer and pacman? Which character would make you say "I didn't think they'd get in"? how would you feel if shrek, spongebob or mother fricken scrooge mcduck joined the roster?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'd be surprised at this point of any non-echo fighter didn't get an announce trailer at this point in the series.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Not sure if Sakurai would pull another WFT with the remaining slots but I'd be down if Cooking Mama or Tetris was a character.

Oh sorry for the double post there, someone can delete the first one.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Obviously the best character ever, Chase McCain from LEGO City Undercover, would be the best WTF character.

Surprisingly there were people who thought he would be in Smash Wii U and 3DS. They may have been wrong then but maybe he can make it this time.

Chase McCain goes Undercover!

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I'd Say Captain Rainbow. I'd Never expect that Japan-Exclusive Game from a Family-UNfriendly Nintendo Game that features Nintendo Characters like Little Mac(more like Fat Mac in this game), Birdo, etc.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
James Bond.

Considering he was considered for Melee at one point, it's not too crazy for Sakurai to revisit an old idea of his, but crazy enough to see a non-video game character in Smash.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Especially if we get Banjo in. Sure it'd be legal paperwork nightmare, but that was already the case!
Obviously the best character ever, Chase McCain from LEGO City Undercover, would be the best WTF character.

Surprisingly there were people who thought he would be in Smash Wii U and 3DS. They may have been wrong then but maybe he can make it this time.

Chase McCain goes Undercover!
I don't know if either company's still salty on the whole N&B Bricks fiasco tho...

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
John McClane from Die Hard. It won't happen because he would just automatically win every match he's in.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so a bit more seriously (Meaning characters who follow the Three Unbreakable Rules of Smash: They have to have originated in a video game; they have to have appeared in a Nintendo game; they have to have a unique moveset):

Starfy, from the Legend of Starfy
Vince, from Art Academy
A Tamagotchi, of virtual pets fame
Dancer, from Dance Dance Revolution
Electroplankton, from Electroplankton
Dr. Lobe, from Big Brain Academy

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The last person I expect to be announced is Ridley

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
What if nintendo pulled a wii fit trainer and pacman? Which character would make you say "I didn't think they'd get in"? how would you feel if shrek, spongebob or mother fricken scrooge mcduck joined the roster?
I'm not going to lie... I will honestly be shocked to see my #1. There are so many people out there that believe he will never be in Smash and those people always make pretty good arguments against his inclusion.....

King K Rool....

I've loved him since DK Country and have wanted him since Smash Melee, but I just cannot in any way, shape, or form, see it happening even with all the hope in my mind.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Well, there's one character I can think of who would get a lot of attention. A character who's famous and yet has never made a single apperance in a game, comic, or cartoon.

Street Fighter's Sheng Long.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so a bit more seriously (Meaning characters who follow the Three Unbreakable Rules of Smash: They have to have originated in a video game; they have to have appeared in a Nintendo game; they have to have a unique moveset):

Starfy, from the Legend of Starfy
Vince, from Art Academy
A Tamagotchi, of virtual pets fame
Dancer, from Dance Dance Revolution
Electroplankton, from Electroplankton
Dr. Lobe, from Big Brain Academy
All of them plus Captain Rainbow, Mini-Kanguroo, Hanafuda master, Excitebiker and a character from Waverace.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Moge-ko. Why Nintendo would want anything to do with Mogeko Castle is beyond me.

D

Deleted member

Spyro, Crash would get in before him.

I mean yes Spyro Reignited Trilogy could get ported to Nintendo Switch after it's run on PS4 and Xbox One. Like Crash N Sane Trilogy but doubt that would change his chances.

Would I like it to happen yes? I love the series and am looking forward to the remasters, besides Smash Ultimate it's been my most anticipated game of the year. So Spyro would be big for me.

But I doubt the feisty smoldering dragon will ever be anything other then a trophy, or assist trophy. And even that might be stretching it.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Agumon. Having a Digimon in Super Smash Bros would be legendary especially if he's going to be battling against Pokemon.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I didn't think Pacman was that odd...

That said, I have to break the question up into 2 categories.

1- Characters who are not suggested often but would be shocking and amazing to see (This is what I have to assume makes WFT akin to Pacman)
2- Nonsense characters, which I wont answer

As to the answer for the first- I'd say:

(considering things)
Angry Birds, Frogger, Lara Croft, Qbert, Carmen San Diego, Oregon Trail Pioneer, CJ/Any GTA, Space Invaders....

Hmmm... I guess Qbert is the most realizable but absurd on that list. I wouldn't consider them all realizable.

Top Bottom