• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whos do u think sumus' wost match up against?

Mr.Mixshow

Smash Rookie
who do u have problems with facing?
edit: if your gonna post a char i want reasons

Oskurito

Smash Lord
The space animals, because of their lasers and shines. Falco will be harder of course...

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i have no problem against space animals, and looking at the top samus players in the world, they have no problem either. I say Shiek or marth is the hardest matchup depending on how defensive they play.

Shiek) because of her grab dthrow fairs get you like ALOT, or ftilts set up basically anything for shiek

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
1) Sheik
2) Ganondorf
3) Captain Falcon
4) Fox
5) Peach
6) Marth
7) Falco
8) Jigglypuff

Kick

Smash Apprentice
sheik, seriously. samus floatiness is asking for a fair by sheik. space animals are a pain for anyone, though i'd say that samus holds up quite well to them, due to her up b spammyness.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, I would say I have the hardest times against Falcon and Ganon. Aerials just eat me up. However, I still have the balls and confidence to face Falcons and Ganons.

Watty

Smash Lord
sheik
falcon
ganon
falco

to me samus can go even with any1 else

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
I always have problems with Doc and Sheik. The space animals are easy to combo at least, but Doc's cape always seems to catch me off guard.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
1) Sheik
2) Ganondorf
3) Captain Falcon
4) Fox
5) Peach
6) Marth
7) Falco
8) Jigglypuff
Phanna can you explain why you put Fox so high on the list??? I use to also think Fox was hard but then i fought a good Marth and he was WAY harder then Fox...Also Falco seems to be higher cause of his laser and combos...
Could you explain please? :confused:

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
Phanna can you explain why you put Fox so high on the list??? I use to also think Fox was hard but then i fought a good Marth and he was WAY harder then Fox...Also Falco seems to be higher cause of his laser and combos...
fox is definitely one of samus' hardest matchups. especially those campy foxes who do nothing but run away and shoot lasers. they just run away, shoot lasers, and once u get close, they shffl a nair or bair at u. u end up not being able to do much. this is mostly on fd and dreamland tho. other than that, samus' game is usually surviving much longer than she should, and the upsmash and uair make sure samus dies at relatively early percents.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i don't believe fox is a hard matchup due to samus tilts. Samus ftilt can send a fox all the way across a stage and samus sex kick has alot of priority.

Watty

Smash Lord
pressbutton campy foxes are much harder than aggressive ones, but I still think samus has an advantage vs fox.

Step 1 is to ban FD. no platforms means u cant dodge the lasers as good and cant platform missile cancel to make u shoot faster.

Step two is slow the fox down. missile cancel a homing missile so the fox has to stop shooting and dodge it. while they are dodging come at them.

Step three Now at this point the fox will most likely attack u with a Nair, Bair, or a Dair, CC all 3 of them if its a Dair DI away so to avoid the up smash. Follow any of hte 3 with a down smash, depending on where they are on the stage they should go off.

step 4 is proceed to ledge guard them. It wont kill them at first but thats where YOU rack up damage is when there off the stage coming back. So when they go to do it again and u catch em with a move they die.

another option is to do step 1 but instead lead with Ftilts. It works and is a good idea especially to mix it up cause the fox will adapt to ur style so it is good to throw out there.

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
ooo imma try that out watty. also, if ur playing a laser-happy fox, counter pick fountain of dreams. i think the ideal samus counterpicks are dreamland and battlefield, so if you counterpick those maps, you should have at least an even match if not an advantage.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
yeah, marth over fox and peach.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I don't like docs.

Cape, a quick powerful dsmash, his sex kick out prioritizes Samus' usually, and the dash attacks hitbox is so low its hard to shield if your shield has been shrunk any. I usually have to just play defense against docs.

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
I don't like docs.

Cape, a quick powerful dsmash, his sex kick out prioritizes Samus' usually, and the dash attacks hitbox is so low its hard to shield if your shield has been shrunk any. I usually have to just play defense against docs.
Agreed. Plus he has one of the few projectile spams that can match Samus's.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
I hate fighting jiggs and super defensive marths with a passion.Jiggs can move away from your sheild too much right after she hits it, which I dont know what to do about, and she can jump into my bombs when I'm recovering... That makes me a sad panda big time.

I dont mind sheik too much because the person I play most uses her fairly well and I dont get destroyed but this is just personal preference. I kinda suck at fighting falcos too because of his lasers. Fox has that godly usmash that can kill really fast on some stages. I would say phanna list is about right IMO but with jiggs a little higher and CF a bit lower.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
A Marth user may crush me easily. Attacking him close is not a good option. Since most of his ground attacks are faster, I can't really make a strong offensive approach at Marth. For example, trying to do a A+Down on Marth will be outsmarted by a A+Forward (any level of power), a Counter (B+Down), or even a wavedash back and forth and any move to counter with a stronger one (air attacks mainly).

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Shiek and a good Marth player are the hardest matchups for my Samus. I can handle Fox and Falco no problem, usually, and unless the Marth player is above par, I can take him out. I just cant do Shieks, though. All they have to do is any tilt, then get you with anything in the air.

CF is another tough matchup for me. I cant count how many times ive gotten two stocked by one CF...Ditto with this Shiek player at my local tournies.

Top Bottom