• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The Super Smash Bros. Games balances out nintendo characters, but which one is the strongest? In my opinion, I'd say it's Mewtwo, with Pit coming at a close second. What do you guys think?

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Samus Aran with power suit could turn people into simple vapor or particles.

Rosalina created the Big Bang in super Mario galaxy, she also shoots galaxy's which could turn people into strings.

Now logical within the world of trophies ( smash universe) gannondorf should be the strongest as he can send a sandbag 9999+ ft

So.. *clears throat Rosalina for god tier! Samus for sloppy seconds.

...does gannondorf's triforce of power make him invincible to everything except for the master sword and light arrows/sliver arrows?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
As was said, Ganondorf is invencible to anything that is not holy, so basically only Link, Zelda or possibly Palutena and Pit would be able to beat him.

I don't know how strong the Psychic boys are (Ness and Lucas), but Mewtwo is able to destroy whole buildings with just a mere thought, he is also able to teleport a whole mountain to another location so...

Sonic also runs so incredibly fast that anyone who isn't able to hold him would probably not be able to hit him at all.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Kirby, Ganondorf, Samus, Pokemon Trainer (with National Dex), and Sonic (mostly because of Super Sonic) can all be argued to be the strongest in terms of their games' canon.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Samus has her gadgets and all, but she has lost to Ridley, Dark Samus, an Omega Metroid (lul) and Mother Brain, and I doubt any of those are any stronger than Ganondorf.

Ganondorf does have that whole "can only be defeated by the Master Sword (or the chosen hero)" deal, so that's kind of a cheat for anyone except Link and his Toon counterpart.

If we're talking Hyper/Super/whatever Sonic, then yeah, he's apparently quite up there too. So I've heard at least, wouldn't know that myself since I haven't played any of the Sonic games post-Genesis except for Colors, Generations and Lost World.

Ness sort of rids himself of all evil and flaws towards the end of Earthbound, making him able to withstand Giygas, who's about to swallow the world whole due to his sheer power. I mean, sure he doesn't defeat Giygas himself, but he's able to hold back a being who is about to spread and devour the whole universe, that takes quite a lot of power, and even if it's the prayers which finally does Giygas in Ness does put him into an unstable state. Lucas never really reaches that level since he at worst fights Porky, who Ness and his team easily got rid of. Ninten doesn't get up there either, since he at worst fights Giygas in his physical form, which was before he was torn apart by his sheer power. So yeah, Ness is the strongest of the three psychic boys from Mother. I can almost guarantee that he's ahead of Mewtwo too, PSI is in general much more extreme than only shooting Shadow Balls, manipulating the weather, throwing Pokémons across the room and petrifying a mediocre trainer.

I'm tempted to say Ness here, but I'm just not too sure on Sonic or Ganondorf to really make the verdict.

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
I made a list way back when
S tier

:mewtwopm:
:rosalina:
A tier.

:sonic:
:ness:
:bowser2:
:ike:
:samusmelee:
:kirbymelee:
:mario2:
:luigi2:
:ultpit:
Rockman
:pt:
:metaknight:

B tier

:lucas:
:zeldamelee:
:link2:
:younglinkmelee:
Toon link

:pit:
:fox:
:wolf:
:falcomelee:
C tier
:warioc:
:snake:
:marthmelee:
:roymelee:

:pikachumelee:
:dedede:
:sheikmelee:
:drmario:
WIi fit trainer
:jigglypuffmelee:
:zerosuitsamus:
D tier
:rob:
:pichumelee:
:icsmelee:
Villager
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Samus' power suit is also nigh indestructible. Also a protagonist losing to a antagonist doesn't prove anything since when they usually lose to that antagonist they aren't at full power.

Doesn't matter if you view it as a cheat. Gannondorf is canonically invincible to anything that isn't the master sword or a attack composed of light, by extension it could be argued the something like Samus'sp lasma beams can harm Ganondrof and a weapon similar to the Master Sword, like a Keybalde, can harm Ganondorf.

I have no idea on Ness.

everyone seems to forget the Kirby is also like indestructible. Rofl.

Reznor

work in progress
Kirby fights guys who destroy universes just saying
also Ganon is super weak without the triforce

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The trainer himself can't take hits, I agree on the rest.
Trainer with National Dex can use any Pokemon he desires, any of them. From Mewtwo to Pichu, he can use them all. That's why he should be higher, because he can use the most powerful Pokemon to back him up.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Trainer with National Dex can use any Pokemon he desires, any of them. From Mewtwo to Pichu, he can use them all. That's why he should be higher, because he can use the most powerful Pokemon to back him up.
But the trainer is frail, One good hit from any of these guys is taking him down. I could see him over metaknight at best.

josh bones

Smash Lord
The 6 strongest Pokemon.

Any Pokemon can learn protect. Or he could just have Mewtwo teleport him out of harms way. His Pokemon are his protection. xD
1: Red can'y have Mewtwo, he's his own fighter.
2: Protect Won't work.
3: Pie
4: Anybody can avoid the pokemon and aim for Red.
5: Where would you put Red?

Reznor

work in progress
1.that sucks for Red
2.why
3.yes
4.depends on whos faster
5. location is actually an important thing i agree

mimgrim

Smash Hero
1. Yea he can. We are assuming full canon here. This means Pokemon Trainer with a National Dex can use any Pokemon he wants, even Mewtwo, even though Mewtwo is also a fighter.
2. Why not? lol And where is the proof that the beam will go through protect?
3. Cake
4. They have to be able to get past them first, and if he is using the strongest Pokemon available, that's unlikely.
5. Bottom of S tier or top of A tier. Samus, Ganondorf, Sonic, and Kirby should all be in S tier.

josh bones

Smash Lord
1. Yea he can. We are assuming full canon here. This means Pokemon Trainer with a National Dex can use any Pokemon he wants, even Mewtwo, even though Mewtwo is also a fighter.
3. Cake
4. They have to be able to get past them first, and if he is using the strongest Pokemon available, that's unlikely.
5. Bottom of S tier or top of A tier. Samus, Ganondorf, Sonic, and Kirby should all be in S tier.
1: Canon Wise, there is only one mew2
2: Wobuffet. I remember hearing it, I don't play Metroid.
3: Pizza
4: Anyone who is decently fast.
5: Mewtwo and Rosie Not in S tier. Wot

Reznor

work in progress
3. Cake
no idea how Ganondarf is top tier dude is outclassed
also Megaman can create Black holes so he should be at top

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Doesn't matter if you view it as a cheat. Gannondorf is canonically invincible to anything that isn't the master sword or a attack composed of light, by extension it could be argued the something like Samus'sp lasma beams can harm Ganondrof and a weapon similar to the Master Sword, like a Keybalde, can harm Ganondorf.
From what I understand, it isn't the "light" that harms him. It is the objects that are blessed by the Goddesses (Master Sword or Light/Silver Arrows). This is why Zelda has the ability to hurt Ganon too as she is a direct descendant of the Goddesses. (And Link was blessed by all 4 at some point in his ancestry).

Technically the only 2 other people I could see hurting Ganon is Pit and Palutena because they are also blessed by a God/Goddes or is an actual Goddess.

Mewtwo can reflect all projectiles as has been seen in episodes and movies. He can also teleport a whole mountain and destroy a whole building by just thinking it (without actually doing any effort, although this was old Kanto Mewtwo, not the new wimpy Mewtwo that is subdued by lighting from 5-6 pokemons), that pretty much makes him much more powerful than Samus.

Reznor

work in progress
Samus' power suit is also nigh indestructible. Also a protagonist losing to a antagonist doesn't prove anything since when they usually lose to that antagonist they aren't at full power.

I have no idea on Ness.

about Ganondorf being invincible you don't have to kill someone to beat them you can BFR (battle field removal)
He can't die, we've discussed this. Brawl in the family shows why megaman isn't top tier.
View attachment 7831
:troll:
you don't have to kill him to beat him like I said :facepalm:
hell Kirby could throw him into space Ganon is now stuck in space frozen forever (they did that in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

pitthekit

Smash Ace
So.. Rosalina vs national pokedex trainer.

Both are humans who have used technology and other things to ascend into a very powerfully being.

Rosalina has control over the universe and created the Big Bang in Mario universe... Although in the beginning how could she lose to bowser? Did she lose on purpose because ???... (Mario games were never logical)

But national pokedex trainer has captured.... God Da F***.

I say national pokedex trainer wins- with technology he has control over something that created a universe and everything in it.

josh bones

Smash Lord
about Ganondorf being invincible you don't have to kill someone to beat them you can BFR (battle field removal)

you don't have to kill him to beat him like I said :facepalm:
hell Kirby could throw him into space Ganon is now stuck in space frozen forever (they did that in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
Kirby can't pick him up, let alone throw him off the planet, into space.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
1: Canon Wise, there is only one mew2
2: Wobuffet. I remember hearing it, I don't play Metroid.
3: Pizza
4: Anyone who is decently fast.
5: Mewtwo and Rosie Not in S tier. Wot
1. Doesn't matter. Ptrainer can use any Pokemon and Mewtwo is a Pokemon. Also if we encompass full canon, video game and anime, there are at least 2 http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mewtwo_(Pokémon)
Another Mewtwo and the Mega Evolution Mega Mewtwo Y debuted in the special episode Mewtwo — Prologue to Awakening, a prologue to Genesect and the Legend Awakened. In the special, Mewtwo escaped from its creators and fought against aPokémon hunter named Dirk, while Virgil helped protect it.
Key part is "Another Mewtwo".
2. Proof or your argument is invalid.
3.Burgers
4. That's not a logical argument.
5. I listed the ones that should be in S tier as well. Mewtwo I can see as S tier, Rosie though is a no.

Reznor

work in progress
Kirby can't pick him up, let alone throw him off the planet, into space.
So.. Rosalina vs national pokedex trainer.

Both are humans who have used technology and other things to ascend into a very powerfully being.

Rosalina has control over the universe and created the Big Bang in Mario universe... Although in the beginning how could she lose to bowser? Did she lose on purpose because ???... (Mario games were never logical)

But national pokedex trainer has captured.... God Da F***.

I say national pokedex trainer wins- with technology he has control over something that created a universe and everything in it.
sometimes characters lose battles they should win because of the plot this is called PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity)

josh bones

Smash Lord
1. Doesn't matter. Ptrainer can use any Pokemon and Mewtwo is a Pokemon. Also if we encompass full canon, video game and anime, there are at least 2 http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mewtwo_(Pokémon)

Key part is "Another Mewtwo".
2. Proof or your argument is invalid.
3.Burgers
4. That's not a logical argument.
5. I listed the ones that should be in S tier as well. Mewwo I can see as S tier, Rosie though is a no.
1: Fair enough.
2: I got nothing
3: Hot DOgs
4: Sonic could easily knock out red before he even sends out a pokemon.
5: Is rosie top of A then?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I have no idea on Ness.

I wouldn't call the Power Suit nigh indestructible, that energy bar is there for a reason. And Samus is at her very strongest against Mother Brain (minus Phazon overloads in Prime 3), only with extra energy delivered by the baby Metroid could she take out Mother Brain, otherwise she was toasted. Same goes for Prime 3, she could only take out Dark Samus with the help of going into Phazon-mode, which isn't a natural strength for herself or her Power Suit.

Kirby... eh, I dunno. Outside of Megaton Punch I don't really see how he's any stronger than Mario really.

Oh, and I see some Pokémon Trainer talk, but honestly, for good measuring's sake can't we just assume he has Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard on his team, since that's what he has in Smash? By canon Mewtwo would be Red's strongest Pokémon anyways, since he hasn't done any work past 3rd gen (Fire Red) as far as we know.

Raphius

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo with his psychic armor would be unstoppable. Followed by Ganondorf and then Samus and the PSI boys

Also, it's been documented that Mewtwo cannot be captured (by a pokemon trainer).

josh bones

Smash Lord
Bowser has the star rod, and he can wish for invincibility. No character can counter that aside from sonic or mewtwo (Can he learn trick?)
Ganon is immortal. That is a huge advantage over mewtwo

Top Bottom