• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Whoops Not a Time Flower, Just YouTube." Lucario Video Thread

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Here are some of the tournament gameplay footage of my Lucario. Mind you, its my first tournament going all Lucario and I want to learn as much as I possibly can to icorporate whatever feedback I get. I managed to placed 4th/26 players :)

I want you guys to be as harsh on me as possible, but at the same time please understand that I am aware about the aura sphere cancel, its just that I had trouble getting the timing of the conversion down.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
I'm still aliveee

https://www.twitch.tv/geekygoonsquad/v/55402725 53:50 vs. Trifroze's :4zss:
Pretty enterntaining set all around, could've gone either way. There's another one of my set coming up shortly after that but it was me getting super annoyed against a Corrin which I don't exactly know how to play against, definitely seems like a bad mu though.
It's not just you fam. Day got mucked up by Ryo's Corrin and Gomugitya got eliminated by Earth's Corrin as well. Side-b and nair too stonk.

Darel02

Smash Rookie
Here are some of the tournament gameplay footage of my Lucario. Mind you, its my first tournament going all Lucario and I want to learn as much as I possibly can to icorporate whatever feedback I get. I managed to placed 4th/26 players :)

I want you guys to be as harsh on me as possible, but at the same time please understand that I am aware about the aura sphere cancel, its just that I had trouble getting the timing of the conversion down.
In your match against sheik, you are giving her stage control, avoid cornering yourself.Work on your ground game, you are rolling and shielding too much. Do not stale the b reversal, use it more for baits and surprise attacks. If u grab her near the ledge don't throw her to the stage side. It's better to force a recovery instead of giving a easier situation.

Darel02

Smash Rookie

In the MU vs fox. Avoid use jabs in low percents. Lucarios's jabs sucks. If you read that fox is going to use illusion to get to the stage and u are near the ledge, you can use a baby aura sphere and force him to use His up b to get to the stage. Use more nair in your neutral game, a well spaced nair can put you in a great position. If you aren't off stage DONT use extreme speed ( remember what happen in your last stock xD). If fox Is uptilting u, pls. Stop forcing, you will only receive 3-4 uptilts. Add pivot grabs to your ground game, it's excellent for bait fox's dash attack and airdodges after an up throw in low percents.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I appreciate the feedback! Darel02 Darel02

I was wandering if we can maybe get in some friendlies sometime? I have gotten a little bit better with Lucario, since last week.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Got 2nd at a LAN smashfest thing, losing to Ohio's best ZSS in WFs and Grands. Although I took him to game 5 in grands so I'm not too upset about it. Here are the sets of me that were recorded

Winner's Semis: Me (:4lucario:) vs. Karinole (:rosalina:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjn99jJAYK4

Winner's Finals: Me (:4lucario:) vs. Suyon (:4zss:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLSKSRZ06YE
Bleh, this one is hard to watch. I get completely rocked in this set ( ._.)

Loser's Finals: Me(:4lucario:) vs. Karinole (:rosalina:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkfINCFI3G0

Grand Finals: Me(:4lucario:) vs. Suyon (:4zss:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0yGMBrsC8
This set I'm a little more proud of cuz it was game 5, still wished I could have reset the bracket though lol

Still any feedback is appreciated =w=b

Last edited:

J-Aura

Smash Rookie
I'm still aliveee

https://www.twitch.tv/geekygoonsquad/v/55402725 53:50 vs. Trifroze's :4zss:
Pretty enterntaining set all around, could've gone either way. There's another one of my set coming up shortly after that but it was me getting super annoyed against a Corrin which I don't exactly know how to play against, definitely seems like a bad mu though.
Isn't the first hit of dair to a command grab fp a true combo

Empire~

s a d b o y s
BugCatcherWill BugCatcherWill

Battlefield against zss is not a good idea. Juggling us is considerably potent due to the platforms. The top platform kills us if she lands a grab or starts the upair combo on it, which happened to you in one of the earlier games. Imo banning battfield rather than t&c now is much more important thanks in part to the zss nerfs: with correct di you should not die to a ground-started zss combo.

Try to powershield zss's nair. If you don't her jab beats out/clanks/trades with our oos punish. Zss doesn't really have effective rising aerials - most of her jumps will be committing to a nair or zair + followups - so try to predict her jumps and hit her when she's vulnerable.

If you get hit by dsmash at the ledge (which is pretty easy on our recovery) don't be afraid to di away. The zss player is unlikely to predict it and as a result miss the flip jump spike. Dsmash doesn't kill till v high %s.

I'm sure Loota Loota has a bunch of zss mu experience so if anything here is incorrect please call me out. Good work though

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
BugCatcherWill BugCatcherWill

Battlefield against zss is not a good idea. Juggling us is considerably potent due to the platforms. The top platform kills us if she lands a grab or starts the upair combo on it, which happened to you in one of the earlier games. Imo banning battfield rather than t&c now is much more important thanks in part to the zss nerfs: with correct di you should not die to a ground-started zss combo.

Try to powershield zss's nair. If you don't her jab beats out/clanks/trades with our oos punish. Zss doesn't really have effective rising aerials - most of her jumps will be committing to a nair or zair + followups - so try to predict her jumps and hit her when she's vulnerable.

If you get hit by dsmash at the ledge (which is pretty easy on our recovery) don't be afraid to di away. The zss player is unlikely to predict it and as a result miss the flip jump spike. Dsmash doesn't kill till v high %s.

I'm sure Loota Loota has a bunch of zss mu experience so if anything here is incorrect please call me out. Good work though
Yeah, I know BF was a bad choice, but he banned FD so I couldn't take him there, I tried taking him to SV but he made much better use of that stage than I could, and T&C vs ZSS is an even worse idea. I just feel more comfortable on BF than the other stages but I kinda regret it now :/

Empire~

s a d b o y s
If you play friendlies with the zss player go to t&c for an hour or something and see how many times you die off the top. I guarantee it will be fewer than battlefield. Also, you probably know this but boost kick's vertical ko power was nerfed in 1.1.4, and upair's base knockback in 1.1.5.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I won another tourney yaaaaaay \ ' ^ ' /
Although this was an online tourney with around 25-ish players. Still pretty cool I guess :V

Funny story, I got knocked into loser's by the Kirby I had to fight in Grands in Winner's Semi's and since they were streaming I had to play Loser's Quarters, Loser's Semi's, Loser's Finals and two game 5 sets in Grands to win. All in a row. Which total up to 18 games played straight with little to no brakes in between. I was pretty darn exhausted by the end of it

But enough stalling! Here are the sets!

Loser's Semis: Me (:4lucario:) vs. Rehn (:4jigglypuff:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx3QbHLwcE8

Loser's Finals: Me (:4lucario:) vs. Sir Labot (:4lucario:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mjcy8fkuzM

Grand Finals (Set 1): Me (:4lucario:) vs. Barcs (:4kirby:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIDF402LwTM

Grand Finals (Set 2): Me (:4lucario:) vs. Barcs (:4kirby:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWRszW99RNg

Any and all advice is appreciated! I made some critical mistakes (I also partially blame WiFi a bit =m= ) but overall I'm pretty pleased with my performance =w=

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Late as duck but I pretty much agree with your stage theory. Since ZSS cannot kill from dthrow -> uair anymore + boost kick sends a bit more horizontally, T&C has got much better for us for sure. Platform ladders don't obviously work nearly as well as in BF/DL64 so you'll generally only have to be careful in landing on the platforms after she has started her dthrow combos, otherwise you should be pretty safe from dying up. I wouldn't say that BF is a bad stage against her either though (big blastzones kind of equalize the height gain she nets from the side platforms), I generally don't feel like there are stages we should conscientiously avoid against her except for DL64.

On other news, I also netted another tournament win with @Forre also outdoing himself and respectably placing 5th! Some vids up soon probably maybe perhaps.

Last edited:

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I am guilty of double posting and I know it.

Winner Semis vs. :4lucario:
It was the first time I ever faced Forre in a tournament so I was somewhat nervous since, well, it was going to be Lucario dittos anyways and we all know how lovable those are. Luckily we were spared of that and it turned out to be a quite fun set.
Winners Finals vs. :4ness::4fox:
I feel like I've got the Ness MU pretty well down but Fox was a somewhat new encounter to me. Forgot to use counter against his custom neutral B, would've been quite fun to snatch a few kills with it.
Grand Finals vs. :4fox::4dk::4samus:
Flinck didn't really feel it anymore I guess. He didn't exactly throw it away but I haven't seen that much of his DK or Samus at all, let alone in a tournament.
+ Losers Quarter Forre's :4lucario: vs. :4cloud:
I too ran into Muggy's Cloud earlier in the bracket. I lost a close first game (FD), won my counterpick pretty solidly (FD again) and won his counterpick in a close match (PS2). It's a hard matchup but FD makes it sooo much easier due to his landing options being poop against us (shoutouts to Browny Browny , I remember him talking about it way back).

Also, bracket if interested.

Browny

Smash Hater
Thanks for the mention :)

I imagine a future where Mewtwo and Lucario players no longer ever feel guilty for obnoxiously abusing their projectiles for an entire match.

Especially against literally the most obnoxious character in the game when it comes to charging up moves. I feel like people are severely limiting themselves by not abusing such a highly exploitable game mechanic because it isnt flashy or anything. Catching landing lag with Aura Sphere is even easier than doing it with Shadowball or Charge shot because of how regularly you will get it, and how fast it is. To me, it is like if a Sheik player didn't use needles because they are 'lame'.

I'll point out something here
https://youtu.be/RVrQozGkalQ?t=464

These are the moments you need to be aware of. The instant cloud double jumped, he couldn't dodge an AS if you threw it. You should always be watching very carefully and ready. His only real counter-attack to that would be to throw out blade beam but he would have had to use it above head height. It would have wasted it and he would have been hit anyway. Throwing the aura sphere out in neutral immediately after however basically gave away your stock for free.

I am so sure that Cloud is artificially buffed and that his results will drop off dramatically as people stop trying to fight him fairly and instead camp his landings.

Personally, I drilled such a playstyle into my head years ago when practicing vs CPUs and if I ever threw an aura sphere in neutral, id reset immediately. Repeat this until I could go an entire match and not miss a single aura sphere when sniping landings. It's best on like, level 6 or 7s.

Last edited:

Twisted Jokerr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4442-1237-4201
:4lucario: vs :4littlemac:@ 2:06:00 (please note this Little mac has taken out Jezmo recently)

https://youtu.be/V9PfaIYOvK4

I did I few bad things out of panic and anxiety so please keep that in mind if you see anything like sheilding or rolling at the wrong times.

More videos coming but please critic this one :)
All those b-reverse AS and you rarely got punished for it. Vasi didn't seem to have much patience and was going for punishes. You should have capitalized and AS camped instead of spamming. It worked in this instance because Vasi didn't know how to react and deal with your b-reverses. He could smash attack through your aura sphere if he was smarter. Play safer and more spammy the higher your percent gets. You're building pressure and giving a threatening prescience. If anything post a match with you losing a match. We can identify your habits and problems better that way.

Top Bottom