• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
How much internet bandwidth does the venue have? I would love to set up a side livestream separate from the main one, but if it'll cause problems then forget it...

DA is streaming melee/ssb64 and Chibo is doing brawl/PM i guess. if you wanna help either one of them out it would be appreciated.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Countdown to Whobo 5 begins NOW! Oct 9 is the last day of online venue and pre-registration so if you haven't done so do it asap. Me and Xyro will be making a trip to the venue next week to setup up early so everything is organized. Looking forward to seeing everyone Oct 19-20...

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I ran some tests (e.g. www.twitch.tv/noc0002/b/464516120) and found that both the venue wifi and Clear have inadequate upload speed for livestreaming. However, I just got a smartphone and tethering app and tested Verizon 4G at the venue and it is plenty fast.

So, I will be streaming Melee and at least the finals of Smash 64 at www.twitch.tv/texasmelee. I will upload videos from the stream later to www.youtube.com/texasmelee. Looking forward to some hype matches! I have 2 headsets so if anyone wants to do commentary, please let me know.

Xyro77

Online registration ends October 9th. This means you have 6 days to take care of everything online. If you fail to do so, not only will venue fee go up but you will have to buy all your events in person and you will not be seeded in pools. You will just be thrown in at random.

rougeleader2

Smash Rookie
I'm working on a school project in which I am working on a documentary on us gamers. Would there be any trouble if I brought my video equipment to take footage of you guys playing?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So I definitely paid for venue/singles months ago, basically the first month when we were able to start registering so I think the lowest price for venue being $35.
But didn't use my email/paypal cause no bank account, so gave money to the family member that does have one and they paid for me. There a way to get it if they deleted the information?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
So I definitely paid for venue/singles months ago, basically the first month when we were able to start registering so I think the lowest price for venue being $35.
But didn't use my email/paypal cause no bank account, so gave money to the family member that does have one and they paid for me. There a way to get it if they deleted the information?

Pm me the email address and ill take care of you!

Cmon Texas, Money Match meeeeee!!! Where's the PR at!?
Did you post this in the facebook event? If you havent you should cause Im sure people would be down to MM you!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Thank you for the idea.

And i'll probably body you Espy.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I will be bringing a full setup for P:M. Should I check the side event I plan on entering on the registration site if it will be free, or just let you know on here?

To confirm, the only two side events eligible for free entry are Brawl Mid-Tier 1v1 and Low-Tier 2v2, correct?

Last question, do spectators have to pay the venue fee since the would only be coming to watch and not entering any events?

Xyro77

Online reg closes on October 9th. So if you intend on going to whobo I recommend you register within the next 3 days.

BSP

Smash Legend
Online registration ends October 9th. This means you have 6 days to take care of everything online. If you fail to do so, not only will venue fee go up but you will have to buy all your events in person and you will not be seeded in pools. You will just be thrown in at random.

Are you going to seed low tier doubles?

Xyro77

Me and a few other low tier mains. we will do it at the venue though, not before.

BSP

Smash Legend
Alrighty, I'm all set for this then. No choking.

Brawlman and I are going in. Low tiers beware.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I will be bringing a full setup for P:M. Should I check the side event I plan on entering on the registration site if it will be free, or just let you know on here?

To confirm, the only two side events eligible for free entry are Brawl Mid-Tier 1v1 and Low-Tier 2v2, correct?

Last question, do spectators have to pay the venue fee since the would only be coming to watch and not entering any events?

Appreciate you bringing your setup. You can let us know there or when you register online for venue. As far as eligible for free entry thats something you have to take up with xyro. He could better answer that question than I can. For specators everyone that enters whobo is required to have a wristband so they will have to pay.

Xyro77

If you show up to the venue with a full set-up then I will allow you to pick the side event.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Hey guys! This is my list thus far for housing at my place:

1.Ryo
2.Mekos
3.Rich Brown
4.Run CT
5.Steep
6.KJ
7.8Bit
8.Trueblue
9.Brawlman
10.Vinnie

Maybe:

Kbot

If I missed you or you would like to house with me, post, message me here or on FB (Austin Joseph Bastida-Ramos) and we'll get you on this list.

Also... I'm accepting all non MK MMs at this tournament $5-$20

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Depends on whether or not you put me in the same half of the bracket as Seagull/McPP like last WHOBO. :applejack:

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
LA 64 has bailed on me. I don't have a Doubles partner now, so 64 players PM me if you want to win Doubles.

Xyro77

Today is the last day to register online for WHOBO 5. You have 9 hours to take care of this. Yes you can register AT the event but the venue fee will jump. I recommend that if you are low on money at the moment, pay for the venue fee now and sign up for 1vs1/2vs2/side events at the door (those fees wont rise). You can register for WHOBO 5 herehttp://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5

To prevent any registration problems, please bring your confirmation email/receipt. If you are paying for someone else, definitely bring it so that if there are issues with registration it wont screw over the person you paid for. Trust me on this, you are gonna wanna bringa thisa.

If you are in need of free or mega cheap housing housing, please make a post in the Houston thread http://smashboards.com/threads/houston-thread-whobo-5-mk-banned-october-19-20th-2013.142123/ the WHOBO FaceBookgroup https://www.facebook.com/events/384791671639249/ the official WHOBO 5 thread http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...tx-500-pot-bonus-bomber-vs-tx-1000-mm.336437/or maybe even the AiB page http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14183 because Sync and Esca are willing to help house people. You might be able split hotel rooms with other players as well. Just ask.

One last thing and ill leave you alone. Please bring a full set-up to WHOBO 5. Wii/n64/tv/ssb64/ssbb/ssbm we need them all. Whether this event has 5 people or 500, the speed of an event is determined by the number of set-ups available. If we have a low amount of set-ups, i will not allow friendlies the entire weekend because the event progress is more important that you losing to my Samus in friendlies/MMs. If you want friendlies/MM time, please help me out by bringing set-ups.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I thought the last whobo that hapened was the last one ever?
also, has MK always been banned from this series?

Top Bottom