• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
If he backs out, we will tie him up with GCN controllers, duck tape earphones/iPod to his head so that it plays the russian version of my little pony theme, force him to drink ipecac, put leeches all over his soft spots, burn his body in pesticides and the trash his deformed carcass into the local sewage system so that he will finally be with his kind (s h i t paper)!

Good God, anything but the Russian version of My Little Pony theme song. Too much manly women voices. >_> Anyways, I'd be interested in doing MM. Probably 10-20 bucks. I don't know how much publicity that would be due to me being an unknown Smash tournament player. >_<

:applejack:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Dang it, I just now changed my mind and I want to join in on Melee singles but I already paid for my registration on Brawl and Project M. :( I'd charge myself another 40 bucks.

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
Dang it, I just now changed my mind and I want to join in on Melee singles but I already paid for my registration on Brawl and Project M. :( I'd charge myself another 40 bucks.

You could always pay in person once you get your wristband. Just a thought.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
De Angelo said nothing goes up in price but venue fee. However, if u wait to buy your events until the day of the tournament, you will not be seeded and you will not see your pool a week in advance. That's why I highly recommend you buy everything at once ASAP.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
De Angelo said nothing goes up in price but venue fee. However, if u wait to buy your events until the day of the tournament, you will not be seeded and you will not see your pool a week in advance. That's why I highly recommend you buy everything at once ASAP.

Hmmmm, I think I'll be fine doing friendlies and MMs for Melee. Besides, it ain't worth it to buy it at the door since I won't be seeded and see my pool for preparation. I'm still pre-reg'd for Brawl 1v1, Brawl mid tier 1v1, and Project M singles so I think I'll be fine. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
no offense, but you shouldn't be too worried about seeding if you aren't a well known player. You will most likely be given a bottom half seed if you aren't known to be good.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
no offense, but you shouldn't be too worried about seeding if you aren't a well known player. You will most likely be given a bottom half seed if you aren't known to be good.

Ouch, dat truth. :p Still, it would be nice to know who I'm fighting against so I can TRY to understand their style... Ehhh, I guess it doesn't matter either way; I'll just wing it. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Hasn't Inui helped with pools for WHOBO the past 2 years already and the pools have had questionable people in them anyways?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
^^^^^
All I ever get are death pools at big events.
I'm seeded low obviously. :applejack:

LOE1

Smash Lord
jnig comming to this? man now i rly wanna go just for dub wario

Tesh

Smash Hero
hey eff you loe1, i went all the way to dallas for a 10 man tournament and you werent even there

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I know I'm being seeded low. Still, I'm a LITTLE hopeful... :\

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I can't judge my skill effectively since all I got are Lvl 9 CPUs to fight against. They do help me structure my fundamentals, but still... You can't make a CPU sweat. :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Gnes and Trela should be going but I have not talked to them in a bit. Razer died after what Ryo and NickRiddle did to him.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The Big Bomb-Off Hype!

I've been training a lot, preparing for my matches. I still got a little ways to go, but by October, there will be a zero chance I'm losing my money. As of right now, I'd say there's a 10% I would lose my money.

Train up young ones, WHOBO 5 is going to be so hyyyyyyype!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
The Big Bomb-Off Hype!

I've been training a lot, preparing for my matches. I still got a little ways to go, but by October, there will be a zero chance I'm losing my money. As of right now, I'd say there's a 10% I would lose my money.

Train up young ones, WHOBO 5 is going to be so hyyyyyyype!

I spoke with Clash about streaming this and turning this into a hype event and we both agreed that doing this match 1st will start the hype for the tournament. I would like commentators for this match as well so whoever is down to commentate The Big Bomb-Off let us know!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Announcement #5 (Brawl Pot Bonus): The current pot bonus is at 300$ and with the The Forth Worth Classic event raising 30$, Xyro will be sponsoring 100$ to the pot and I will be sponsoring 70$ to the pot for a grand total of 500$ pot bonus for brawl. Venue fee increases August 7 so Pre-Register now at www.tysseries.com/whobo5 and more announcements are on the way so stay tuned!

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Finally registered... anyone want to 64 MM?
READ MY POSTS. What are your thoughts? I wouldn't mind going a bit higher, but $20 is good with me. No character lock, played like normal tourney set. Best of 5?

EDIT: Sorry if it seems like I'm yelling at you. I guess I could have used like italics or something. :)

tacos

Smash Journeyman
READ MY POSTS. What are your thoughts? I wouldn't mind going a bit higher, but $20 is good with me. No character lock, played like normal tourney set. Best of 5?
can't believe i missed it. Sure I'm down. 20 is good,but I'll will go higher if you want. bof5 sounds good.
Anyone Else?

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for a 64 MM

That and or a Brawl MM
Sounds like a fun time. Are you interested in a 12 char battle? 5 dollars per match won, payout is difference of higher matches subtract lower matches to the winner. Standard 64 tourney rules.

EDIT: Btw (tacos), I'm asking people for 64 if they want to try a crew battle. We could maybe turn it into a MM. It'll be LA vs TX for all the glory. I think we have basically 4 confirmed 64 players at this point, might get a 5th, or I know a Brawl player who would probably be a 5th for us since he plays 64 casually.

Top Bottom