• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*to increase viewing pleasure, listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Btd7pRUUq0 *
Venue name: Zuma Fun Center (South)
Address: 6767 Southwest Freeway, Houston, Tx 77074
Phone number: 713.981.7888
Zuma is a mix between a FunPlex, Chuck E Cheese and Dave and Busters. You can eat some super tasty things like pizza/hot dogs/burgers...ect, play arcade games such as ddr/marvel 2/time crisis...ect and even do some out door things like putt-putt, go-karts, bumper boats and batting cages. Some times smash can get boring so at least at this venue you will be able to do things other than smash. Thank me later.
The tournament area is extremely easy to find. As soon as you walk into Zuma, either look straight ahead or to your right for some stairs. Go up the stairs and BOOM, you have arrived at the tournament area. The entire upstairs is for the tournament and the entire downstairs is for anything but the tournament.
Video of the Tournament area (not set-up yet) as well as the arcade/food area (starting at 2:13).
WHOBO 5 will be unlike anything I've ever tried before. Not only will i provide you kids with the normal Brawl 1vs1/2vs2/side event (low tier 2vs2/mid tier 1vs1), i am going to provide you with the UNTHINKABLE! What is "the unthinkable?" What im trying to tell you is that XYRO77 (the legend) will also be offering Melee and Project M 1vs1/2vs2 for those of you that cant handle Brawl.
October 19 (Saturday) 2013:
BE AT THE VENUE BY 10AM. I will start all events at 11am. If you are late, you are DQed.
Brawl 2vs2
Melee 2vs2
PM 2vs2
Brawl 1vs1 pools
Brawl Low tier [v7] 2vs2 (if time permits)
October 20 (Sunday) 2013:
BE AT THE VENUE BY 10AM. I will start all events at 11am. If you are late, you are DQed.
Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
Melee 1vs1
PM 1vs1
Brawl Mid Tier (v7) 1vs1
Anything not finished on day one
Basically, i will be doing 9 events in 2 days. Lucky lucky you that i am a Grand Master TO Savant Nerd and i can do anything when it comes to running events because a normal TO would cry at the amount of work i am taking on. If by some reason time is running really really low, i will cancel the 2 brawl side events and refund money. Though this is highly unlikely, i want you kids to be informed of the possibilities. Regardless of what happens, please be at the venue EARLY everyday and expect to be at the venue LATE everyday. Unless you or your beaver dies, there is no excuse for being late. Plan ahead.
*All pricing info (venue and event fees) can be found at http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5 and please remember to purchase everything (venue fee/events) in ONE purchase. Doing this will ensure you are entered into everything that you requested as well as make things easier on my end. Also, venue fee will increase every 30 days so please register asap. If you have any questions/comments or issues with registering, please email Info@AirbrushKing.net AND post in this thread.
Payout for Brawl 1vs1
1st=48% of normal pot +22% of pot bonus
2nd=25% of normal pot +15% of pot bonus
3rd=11% of normal pot +10% of pot bonus
4th=8% of normal pot +6% of pot bonus
5th(x2)=4% of normal pot
Payout for Brawl 2vs2
1st=45% of normal pot +22% of pot bonus
2nd=25% of normal pot +13% of pot bonus
3rd=15% of normal pot +8% of pot bonus
4th=10% of normal pot +4% of pot bonus
5th(x2)=2.5% of normal pot
Payout for Mid Tier 1vs1 and Low Tier 2vs2
1st=50%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%
Payout for Melee 1vs1
1st=48% of normal pot
2nd=25% of normal pot
3rd=11% of normal pot
4th=8% of normal pot
5th(x2)=4% of normal pot
Payout for Melee 2vs2
1st=45% of normal pot
2nd=25% of normal pot
3rd=15% of normal pot
4th=10% of normal pot
Payout for PM 1vs1
1st=48% of normal pot
2nd=25% of normal pot
3rd=11% of normal pot
4th=8% of normal pot
5th(x2)=4% of normal pot
Payout for PM 2vs2
1st=45% of normal pot
2nd=25% of normal pot
3rd=15% of normal pot
4th=10% of normal pot
* Any KNOWN player that is a MetaKnight ONLY main(Tyrant/M2k/Anti/Dojo/Nairo/Seibrik/Infinity.....ect) that feels brave enough to come to WHOBO 5 will be allowed to enter regular brawl 1vs1/2vs2 for FREE. You must pay for venue fee though.
Brawl (by Xyro) :
Project M (by Sethlon) :
1. 4 Stocks

2. 8 Minute Time Limit​
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”​
4. Buffer set to OFF​
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.​
6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:​
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.​
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.​
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.​
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.​
7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.​
Addendum for Doubles​
1. Team Attack set to “On”​
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)​
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:​
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.​
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​
Character/Stage Selection Process​
1. Blind Picks character selection.​
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.​
3. The first match is played.​
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.​
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.​
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.​
7. The losing player picks character.​
8. The next match is played.​
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.​
*Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect​
Singles Stagelist:​
STARTERS:​
Battlefield, Dreamland, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi’s Island Brawl (Doubles Only)​
LEGAL STAGES:​
All stages on the front page, minus SSE Jungle, Norfair, and Skyworld.​
Other Rules​
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.​
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.​
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.​
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.​
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.​
6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.​
Melee (by De Angelo) :
The number of stock is set to 4

The time limit is set to 8 minutes​
Pause is set to off​
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors​
Double Elimination​
All sets are best of 3, except semi-finals and finals rounds (in winners and losers), which are best of 5​
FOR BEST OF 5 MATCHES- Dave's stupid rule: A player cannot counter pick a stage they have previously won on in a set. However, there are no bans. (there are bans for best of 3 matches)​
Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.​
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a stock and percentage tie, a one-stock match will be played.​
Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match​
Stage List​
Singles:​
Yoshi's Story​
Fountain of Dreams​
Final Destination​
Dreamland​
Battlefield​
Counter Picks: Pokemon Stadium​
Doubles:​
Yoshi's Story​
Pokemon Stadium​
Final Destination​
Dreamland​
Battlefield​
Counter Picks: Kongo Jungle 64​
The speed of any tournament is largely dependent on the total amount of setups it possesses. I can be a legendary TO (which i am, btw) but if there is only 10 setups for 100 people, its gonna be a long ass day. See my point? Anyways, i really need 40 or more FULL set-ups (wii/ssbb/ssbm/tv) in order to get this event at full speed so PLEASE help me out on this.
When the tournament starts, there will be ZERO friendlies/MMs so the more fullset-ups you bring, the faster we will get these events done and the more time we will have for MM/friendlies.
EDIT 1: Screw it, whoever brings a full set-up will get into a side event for free.
EDIT 2: In the 2nd post, De Angelo is gonna give away something for those who bring a full-setup. I wont know what it is until he makes the post.
Hotel Address: 6687 Southwest Freeway, Houston, Tx 77074
Phone number: (713) 776-2633
Rate: 89.99$ a night with mentioning Promo Code: "WB5"
Option 1: (Phone): Call (713) 776-2622 and mention Group Code: WB5. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment to book your hotel room. Everything must be done through credit cards only (Preferably in advance). The following dates have been reserved: Oct 18, 19, 20 for you to choose from. This is a 1st come 1st serve so book your hotel now before this special rate sells out!
ALT OPTION 1: Make posts in this thread and Houston players can probably house you. I know for a fact that Sync=(713)-201-8338 is notorious for housing here in Houston. OOS players have priority when it comes to housing. Beware, Sync may charge a small fee for housing.
ALT OPTION 2: Go to http://www.hotels.com and type in the address to WHOBO 5 and it will find you ALL the hotels(from dirt cheap to mega expensive) in a 20 mile radius of the WHOBO 5 venue. DO THIS ASAP OR YOU RISK THE CHANCE AT HAVING THE ROOMS ALREADY FILLED.
ALT OPTION 3: Find out who is staying in a hotel and offer to help pay for some of the cost. By doing that, you get housing AND its cheaper for everybody involved. I highly recommend this.
ALT OPTION 4: http://www.couchsurfing.org/ this site allows you to find free housing from people all around the usa(in this case, you want houston ). However, you will not know who the person is untill you arrive at their house(you can call them ahead of time if u need to). There have been several smashers who done this and reported back saying it was an AWESOME experience. Its 99.99% safe but take caution just in case.
1. If you have any questions, comments, issues or maybe you are lonely at night and need a LEGENDARY tournament organizer to talk to, please post in this thread and/or call me at 409-692-0697
2. Got a 3DS? Bring it! Many of us want to street pass you sooooooo bad.
3. Here are the results of WHOBO 1, WHOBO 2, WHOBO 3 and WHOBO 4 (mk banned) in case you wanna see some WHOBO history.
4. From my experience, the cheapest plane tickets can be found on Orbitz, Priceline and HotWire. Remember, try to arrive and depart on a WEEKDAY (mon-thurs) so that you can get even LOWER rates. If you need help, just ask.
AiB page for WHOBO 5: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14183
Melee SWF page for WHOBO 5: http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...0th-2013-october-19th-2013-houston-tx.336451/

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Announcement #1: With this tournament being the last Whobo we want to go out with a bang so Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you 1st place Brawl Singles Trophy. I wonder who will take this trophy home? Hmm guess we will have to see come Oct 19-20. Pre-Register now and more announcements are on the way so stay tuned!​

Xyro77

CHANGE LOG

5/20/2013 added pot bonus
5/30/2013 fix few errors on OP
6/18/2013 added complete hotel info
6/18/2013 added 30$ to pot bonus
8/6/2013 added 200$ to pot bonus

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Exactly what events are paid for for MK mains?

How do we get that discount? Sign up for the events on the website and put a note that we use MK, or don't sign up for them and say in the note "I main MK I want in X events"

Xyro77

Exactly what events are paid for for MK mains?
It says it in the OP, you big dummy. Regular brawl 1vs1 and 2vs2.

How do we get that discount? Sign up for the events on the website and put a note that we use MK, or don't sign up for them and say in the note "I main MK I want in X events"
Buy venue/side events and don't buy 1vs1/2vs2. When u show up, tell me you main mk and ill run you through my database of hatred. If you come up, u get those two events for free. If not, u gotta pay.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Xyro wants brawl low tier teams instead of singles cause too much comp for him place in the money for singles at a national :o

Xyro77

Xyro wants brawl low tier teams instead of singles cause too much comp for him place in the money for singles at a national :o
Not too much competition, its too much work. Why work by myself when i can have a partner do work for me?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Will the legendary dead beaver TO be there?

I need his streetpass.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Hmmmm.... I want to go, but I will have to see when the date gets closer. If we do go, I'm sure we will need housing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@Xyro Ill play you for a hundred dollars

im not quite as good as espy, so you actually might almost stand a chance.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its kind of Sonic's easiest matchup though. It doesn't have to be someone fighting Xyro though. Razer and Dabuz did one at the LSC championship.

Xyro77

@Xyro Ill play you for a hundred dollars

im not quite as good as espy, so you actually might almost stand a chance.
Im only dropping 50-100$ on a MU thats even or in my favor. Like, id MM any low tier main or certain mid tiers like Ike or peach for example.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
So.

$28 venue/pay pal
$10 side events
$20 or so for gas est.
$30 for food if I eat McDonalds the whole time
$20 for MM's
I could make this trip for about $100 if I sign up early enough, even less if I don't eat much/win MM's. And that's even $38 now and the other $60-70 later

we'll see....

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you want a tip. instead of eating terrible mcdonalds, eating 5-10$ meals 3 times a day for 2-3 days, you can probably just pick up a loaf of bread and pb&j or some sliced meats or something and just make yourself sandwiches every day. It might be more boring and a bit harder to manage, but itll will be like half the price. I did that when I went to Last years apex and I saved hella money.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
if you want a tip. instead of eating terrible mcdonalds, eating 5-10$ meals 3 times a day for 2-3 days, you can probably just pick up a loaf of bread and pb&j or some sliced meats or something and just make yourself sandwiches every day. It might be more boring and a bit harder to manage, but itll will be like half the price. I did that when I went to Last years apex and I saved hella money.
This guy know what's up.

Tesh

Smash Hero
MK is banned. No Meta Knight, no Kortal Kombat and certainly no Mario Karting in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Announcement #1: With this tournament being the last Whobo we want to go out with a bang so Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you 1st place Brawl Singles Trophy. I wonder who will take this trophy home? Hmm guess we will have to see come Oct 19-20. Pre-Register now and more announcements are on the way so stay tuned!

Top Bottom