• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who you ask? Parabo and Satebo!!! The Satellaview mascots.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Who are Satebo and Parabo? Well here they are

(Parabo on the left and Satebo on the right)

They are the mascot for Satellaview, the satellite modem add-on for Nintendo's Super Famicom.

These guys would represent Nintendo's long lost online system

Learn more here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview

Why them? Simple, They would represent what was possibly Nintendo's first attempt at online and their design would make for a unique moveset. Like a cross between Rosalina and Ice Climbers, perhaps with a more teamwork focused moveset. The Satellaview is actually more important then you initially thought as it made way future systems like Xbox live and Virtual Console

Explanation on its important

Video explanation

A comic starring the two
these two.

Moveset I made ages ago
Standard B: Parabo would call Satebo and place him in front of him and Satebo will stay there stationary, would cause damage to those where Satebo appears.

Side Special: Similar to Luma Shot, but Satebo will keep going even after his intial damaging phase and will bounce back and forth of walls and will go to the other side of the screen when he hits the blast line (Think Balloon Fight). the more you charge, the faster Satebo will travel.

Down Special: Where ever Satebo is, he will warp away causing an explosion damaging nearby opponents (Parabo can't be damaged from it though)

Up Special: Satebo will appear at Parabos feet and act as a spring for him similar to the mat from mappy for Pac-Man, however Satebo doesn't disappear, but instead every time you land on him, you go higher and higher and going to high can KO you. Satebo will also rotate left and right making it to land on him and can send you to places you don't want to be (Think the springs in Windy Hill zone)

Final Smash: A mixture of Zero Suit Samus Final Smash and Lucarios, Parabo will call forth a giant satellite at the top of the screen to fire giant lasers at people which you can aim. You can fire up to 5 laser beams. So think Zero Suit Samus' with the controls of Lucarios.

Side Smash - Parabo would send out a laser from the dish on his head out towards Satebo, when he isn't facing Satebo, it will go to the blast line and appear on the other side, when Satebo is waiting to be summoned he will just send sparks in front of him. It has the potential to have the largest range of any smash attack but it doesn't have much kill power

Up Smash - Very similar to Lucas' up smash, sending powerful sparks from his dish.

Down Smash - Sends out signals from either side of him similar to Lucarios aura and Pac-Mans ghosts for their down smash.

Neutral Air - Curls into a ball then and then stretches his body glowing with sparks.
Forward Air - Throws out a ball of energy that travels quickly to Satebo, travelling towards him just like his smash attack, power akin to Villagers slingshot
Back Air - Acts just like his forward air but sends the energy backwards.
Down Air - A powerful meteor smash that is similar to his up smash, obviously sending the sparks downwards.
Up Air - Sends a signal above him, pretty good and has some kill potential

standard - points finger in front of him, punchs with other hand and then starts causing sparks in front of him followed by a small bolt for a finisher.
Forward Tilt - does a 360 turn and hits in front with his tail (yep he has a tail)
Up Tilt - Pulls out an ancient tablet from one of the BS zelda and holds it above his head
Down Tilt - Lies down and swings his body around in a circle.
Dash - Dive bombs in front while sparks fly from his dish
Get up - Does a bit of push up while striking those in front with his dish and those behind with a tail
Edge get up - Gets up and points in front of him causing sparks

Grabs: Basic tries to grab with hands
Pummel: Headbutts the opponent hitting them with his his satellite with electrical effects.
Forward: Paralyzes the opponent followed by a drop kick
Up: Places opponent above head to multihit with electricity
Down: Slams on ground and whacks them away with his tail
Back: Throws them back, (I know, CREATIVE)

Now you may be thinking, this thing is so obscure, even Nintendo has forgotten about it. But you would be wrong. In a recent Mario Odyssey update. Datamines revealed data for a Satellaview inspired costume

"Satellaview Helmet A memento of some forgotten service. Satellaview Suit This outfit represents what the future used to look like."
https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/...umes-found-latest-super-mario-odyssey-update/

An oddball idea, I know. But I think they'd be interesting regardless.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
The Satellaview is one of those niche, obscure things in Nintendo history that Smash is perfect for celebrating. Being that Parabo and Satebo are the mascots of the service, I think they’d be pretty interesting additions! They do walk a fine line, though - while they did show up in games for the Satellaview, they were more used as mascots for the peripheral itself.

I think they’d be cool to see, though!

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
These two are the best choice for the "surprise" retro character this time around, I think. There's just no way of knowing whether it could happen or not, though. At least you KNOW we're getting someone like them, though it might be Diskun or something instead.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
For those unfamiliar, that's his outfit from the Japanese Satellaview commercial:
The costume's name and description were leaked a while back, but it's cool to see it back!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think these guys have become my favourite retro/ obscure / WT character for smash.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's finally their day in rate their chance. For those wandering who they are. Bringing this back up is the perfect way for them to discover them

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's finally their day in rate their chance. For those wandering who they are. Bringing this back up is the perfect way for them to discover them
Could I get a link? I actually want to see how the reactions are going to be like towards Parabo and Satebo.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
So what would Parabo and Satebo be considered as in Smash? The 'WTF', retro, or hardware rep?
They can considered both !
I don't know how I would react, but hey, it will be hilarious if they get in and Geno or Skull Kid don't.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say, this might be a bit of a reaching question, but considering how Nintendo appears to have dug real deep into their library for Spirits...

Well... any Parabo and/or Satebo sightings in Smash Ultimate...?

NijiMarii

Smash Rookie
Hi y'all! I literally just made an account to post on here, but I'd just like to thank whoever posted two of my videos in this thread ;)

Now that Spirits are a thing, I really hope these guys make an appearance. Maybe their fight could be with a colorswapped G&W...?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hi y'all! I literally just made an account to post on here, but I'd just like to thank whoever posted two of my videos in this thread ;)

Now that Spirits are a thing, I really hope these guys make an appearance. Maybe their fight could be with a colorswapped G&W...?
Hey, not a bad idea! Personally, I would make their Spirit battle feature a cyan-colored Mr. G&W, and a red R.O.B.

No hide nor hair of them, sadly. I honestly wonder if they won't be saved for the next game, if even.
I figured as much.

Last edited:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I love obscure pieces from Nintendo’s history. These two spacemen would be a fantastic duo.

Top Bottom