• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you like to see compete in the 2018 Super Smash Bros. Invitational?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
This is where you can predict some hardcore players you'd think will be invited to be contestants for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Invitational for this year's E3.

One player I believe will be invited is ZeRo due to his huge number of tournament wins.
What other players do you think will be invitees?

Morbi

Scavenger
Hungrybox for the Reggie rematch and maybe this time he will read the rules and not allow someone to time them out. Etika, because no one is more deserving and he keeps begging Nintendo to acknowledge him. GameXplain because they have been loyally covering Nintendo for years. They are almost TOO loyal. I am not accusing them of "corruption," but I would not be surprised. That is about it. In general I would rather see Meme YouTubers than actual competitors because this is not Smash 4, presumably. I would rather have fun with it than pretend it is actually a serious competitive tournament, especially while Nintendo adds females for the sake of it.

Basty

Smash Ace
I'd personally prefer seeing more Smash 4 players than Melee players, as most melee players won't be big on the game unless there is an insane amount of tech (no hate on melee, former melee player but it happened with S4)

-Mew2King (Always plays every game, still big in S4 with good results from time to time)
-ZeRo (While retired, I see no reason he'd turn this down)
-Nairo (Big personality, been on a Nintendo themed pre-evo video before, one of the best s4 players)
-MKLeo (The "prodigy" and more than likely a top 5 Smash 5 player)
-ANTi (Big twitter personality, top player in brawl, s4 and even SFV)
-Alpharad (Huge content creator, pretty big representation of smash 4 as a whole)
-Hbox (The best link between Melee and S4, and Reggie lovees him)
-NAKAT (He's been on disney for smash 4, need I say more?)

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
If they continue the pattern they had with invitationals for other games and invite popular youtubers as well as Smashers, I kinda want them to throw Griffin McElroy in the mix, for... reasons.

As for top players, I have a good feeling that SuperGirlKels will be invited, again, as per their invitationals for other games from last year's E3. Maybe Alex Valle as well, even though his background is in Street Fighter rather than Smash, since he's supported the Smash 4 scene for a while.

Also, honorable mention: I wanna see my boy Hangman on commentary. He's been putting in work since the game came out and he's just starting to get national recognition. I've known him for about eight years now, and seeing the man who got me into competitive Smash and fighting games in general on such a big stage would be a dream come true.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Etika would be unbelievably hype to see, but I fear that if he's in the tournament, he'd inadvertently swear as soon as he's able to speak.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Etika would be unbelievably hype to see, but I fear that if he's in the tournament, he'd inadvertently swear as soon as he's able to speak.
While we're thinking wishfully, add all of the risky loose cannon Youtubers.
Etika
Dunkey
This is where I would normally continue the joke but I honestly can't think of any more Smash related/supportive Youtubers that would be risky to have in the invitational. But fo real tho could you imagine if Dunkey was invited? I'd want Etika too just to see if he actually would be a good boy the whole time. It would be hype either way.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Dunkey vs. Sky would be cool, if very unlikely. Personally I don't really care who's in it. As long as I can see the game in all its glory, that's all I care about.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
They will probably pick the most obvious YouTube losers like Egoraptor, MatPat, and probably another GameGrumps idiot to comepete to get likes.

They might throw a fast one and put Xavier Woods from WWE since he competes in game tournaments.

DownDog

Smash Rookie
This is where you can predict some hardcore players you'd think will be invited to be contestants for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Invitational for this year's E3.

One player I believe will be invited is ZeRo due to his huge number of tournament wins.
What other players do you think will be invitees?
I would like to see Etika or Dunkey get in, even though it's most likely not going to happen. I wouldn't like to see pro players playing there but that's just me.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Seeing meme tier YouTube people on stage is not my idea of a Smash tournament. If it's going to be a YouTube personality, at least pick someone remotely respected, like Maximilian Dude or something.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I don't care if there's YouTubers in the invitational, I just want all of them to be Smash 4 players. We don't want a repeat of last time where they invited a bunch of Melee players who all immediately took to social media to dump on the game. Obviously it'd be a better idea to invite people who would actually like the game.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I don't care if there's YouTubers in the invitational, I just want all of them to be Smash 4 players. We don't want a repeat of last time where they invited a bunch of Melee players who all immediately took to social media to dump on the game. Obviously it'd be a better idea to invite people who would actually like the game.
Like maybe John Numbers and/or Thomas G. who won the Nintendo World Championships 2015 and 2017 respectively. I read on Twitter that John Numbers has wanted to be invited to be in the Smash Invitational. I don't see why those two NWC champions wouldn't want to play in the Smash Invitational.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
User was warned for this post
Maybe they should make a good game, and they wouldn't **** on it.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Al-kīmiyā' Al-kīmiyā' They did make a good game, and Melee players still dumped on it. They never actually gave Smash 4 a chance, they just weren't immediately as good as they were in Melee and blamed the game instead of trying harder. They called it "campy" and "mindless", even though every new game is dominated by camping and easy-to-use characters in the beginning (including Melee) because those are the most viable strategies in a game where no one knows what they're doing yet. Basically, they dumped on it for not being born with a deeply evolved metagame. It stopped being "campy" and "mindless" very quickly, but Melee players still say that it is, because they haven't touched it since it came out in 2014 (and in many cases, never).

Last edited:

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
John Numbers, he's a Nintendo World Champ and should be fine as long as there aren't any walls nearby

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Melee players **** on everything that isn't Melee. If I was Nintendo, I wouldn't even bother with them.
I think that's too broad of a brush. That's not entirely inaccurate, but also not fair.

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
I think they should invite ZeRo, John Numbers and Thomas Gonda (2017 NWC Winner) as a courtesy. Players like MKLeo and Abadango would be good, since they've earned their spots from Smash 4 competitive play. I think a healthy mixture of YouTubers, provided they aren't annoying, would be healthy for a more lighthearted event just showing the game off. Personal pipe dream would be Dunkey, and by extension Sky, but that probably won't happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
even though it would be most likely impossible, i'd like to see someone from Vinesauce join the invitational, Either that or Dunkey and Sky.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
John Numbers, he's a Nintendo World Champ and should be fine as long as there aren't any walls nearby
I think they should invite ZeRo, John Numbers and Thomas Gonda (2017 NWC Winner) as a courtesy. Players like MKLeo and Abadango would be good, since they've earned their spots from Smash 4 competitive play. I think a healthy mixture of YouTubers, provided they aren't annoying, would be healthy for a more lighthearted event just showing the game off. Personal pipe dream would be Dunkey, and by extension Sky, but that probably won't happen anytime soon.
I've figured some people would want to see John Numbers and/or Thomas Gonda (former NWC champions).

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
even though it would be most likely impossible, i'd like to see someone from Vinesauce join the invitational, Either that or Dunkey and Sky.
Trust me, I doubt Reggie would call up Vinny and compliment him on his recent Subspace Emissary playthrough, especially after he killed Ike.

That aside, they'd be crazy not to have D1 back on commentary, and I better see my boy Nairo there

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'd love to see Thomas G (do you guys know he is Ito, probably the best MK main in U.S? He just stopped playing Smash4. A beast at Smash) and John Numbers too.

M2k should be invited. He is completely capable of being "family friendly" and probably the most popular Smash player.

Zero and Nairo will both be invited. I also thinks SuperGirlKels will be there.

I would like to see,but not sure if will happen: MkLeo, Armada, Wizzy, Komorikiri, Captain Zack, Larry Lurr, Alpharad, Ranai, Abadango and also Sakurai.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Armada
PP MD
Leffen
Hungrybox
M2K
Mango
Sakurai

So Nintendo can get the message that it's OK to build there best fighting game for the competitive community and casuals can still play it and have fun. They need to stop catering the game to casuals by simplifying it as much as possible like they've done with smash 4. If the casuals just want to play for fun they can and ban people for being too good in for fun like they do in smash 4(gonna puke) while not being able to in for glory (actually need a legitimate reason) . Do that.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Well, to whoever show up to play in the Invitational,
I wish them luck & remember...
"May the ultimate Nintendo fan reign supreme!" (A quote from both NWC '15 & '17)

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
I'm just hoping there will be a few melee players. It is always good to hear their view of the game so it isn't just one group's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom