• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would win in Ulitmate?

M9 Mun

Smash Rookie
My friends and I have been fighting about this for awhile now and I thought I might as well get as many opinions as I can. We were discussing the tier lists and how Kirby and Little Mac are on the bottom of the ones we looked at and the question was born: "Who would win in Ulitmate? The best Kirby player ever or the best Little Mac player ever?"

R O F L

Smash Ace
Kirby is pretty great at edge guarding, so he'd win over Mac considering both players are equally skilled.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Kirby for the most part. It's important to force Little Mac off-stage, but remember, Little Mac is a hard-hitter and Kirby is light.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Kirby is a really bad matchup for Little Mac. Kirby can just stay in the air and knock him off the edge and end a stock super early with one or two edgeguards. Little Mac is just too flawed to not be completely awful. They’re both bad but idk if Kirby is as bad as people are thinking right now

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I think people are underestimating Little Mac's kill potential on Kirby though, some good punches will send that little trash disposal into oblivion pretty fast.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I think people are underestimating Little Mac's kill potential on Kirby though, some good punches will send that little trash disposal into oblivion pretty fast.
Can’t land a punch while Kirby is floating over his head

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Kirby can't fly forever and it'd just take some good reads to kill Kirby. As for staying at the ledge, this could lead to a stale mate as Little Mac is not any more obligated to move to Kirby standing there as Kirby's Up B even if spammed wouldn't really reach Mac on the other side or on a platform.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Kirby can't fly forever and it'd just take some good reads to kill Kirby. As for staying at the ledge, this could lead to a stale mate as Little Mac is not any more obligated to move to Kirby standing there as Kirby's Up B even if spammed wouldn't really reach Mac on the other side or on a platform.
This is true but I still feel like the Mac player would be at disadvantage due to how bad his air game is and how easily he’s gimped along with Kirby’s multiple jumps and decent edgeguarding. If we’re talking an optimal Mac vs. an optimal Kirby I think Kirby would take it easy. Now if you get two evenly matched players or a Mac player who’s a little better and makes three or four good reads they could definitely win. I honestly don’t know exactly how this would shake out nor do I plan to ever test it lol

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
This is why Little Mac needs 12 jumps I think Kirby has a lot of advantages against Little Mac because he has absolutely 0 air game. I think, while may be hard to do especially if it's world's best players, Kirby's neutral B would definitely crush Little Mac if the Kirby gets him. I also think Kirby can run the clock too because he could stall as Little Mac isn't going to attack in the air to try to catch Kirby.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
This is why Little Mac needs 12 jumps I think Kirby has a lot of advantages against Little Mac because he has absolutely 0 air game. I think, while may be hard to do especially if it's world's best players, Kirby's neutral B would definitely crush Little Mac if the Kirby gets him. I also think Kirby can run the clock too because he could stall as Little Mac isn't going to attack in the air to try to catch Kirby.
Everything you’ve said is making me hate this hypothetical matchup more and more

Top Bottom