• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be playable in the E3 Invitational

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So the Invitational Tournament is coming in ten days. We have no information about the game other than the Inklings, Mario, Link and a few characters with identifiable silhouettes being playable. They confirmed the professional players who will be participating there: MkLeo, ZeRo, Armada, Abandaga, Plup, Mr. R, Lucky and Mango. But we have no gameplay no 100% confirmed characters. All we have is a teaser with the Inklings. With our lack of information and E3 coming so soon, this is where the speculation becomes so much fun. There will be eight players and they would want to choose whatever they want. Now let's start predicting. Me first:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Bowser
4. Little Mac
5. Zero Suit Samus (ZeRo)
6. Samus
7. Marth
8. Lucina (McLeo)
9. Pit
10. Pikachu
11. Fox (Lucky)
12. Wolf (Mango)
13. Ice Climbers (Abandago)
14. Sonic
15. Zelda (Mr. R)
16. Inkling
17. Ridley
18. Donkey Kong
19. Krystal (Armada)
20. Daisy (Plup)

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
The OG Starting 8 (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, DK, Samus, Yoshi, Fox) will more than likely be playable. Inklings will likely be playable too. I could see Bowser, Little Mac, and especially Marth there as well. Sonic too. Only ones I'd ever probably bet on though are the OG Starting 8 and Marth.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Going with the veterans seen in the shadow, Inklings, and whoever they announce at e3 as newcomers.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, DK, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Falcon, Ness, Marth, Pit, Inklings then.

Although I can see more veterans showing up. Notably the third parties, Diddy, Villager, Lucario, and Shulk.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Original 8.
Pit.
Marth.
Rosalina, Villager, Bowser, Inkling.
Maybe Sonic and/or Mega Man
Zelda, Shulk, Charizard is possible.
Any potential newcomers, less than 5.

There, it almost looks like I know something.

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, DK, Diddy or Wario, Link, Samus (Could also be ZSS or both), Pit, Marth or Ike, Duck Hunt, Kirby (possibly Meta Knight or Dedede as well), Fox, Pikachu, Lucario (could be swapped out for Charizard or Jiggs), Ness or Lucas, Captain Falcon, Villager, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Inklings, At least 1 other newcomer, Ice Climbers (and/or Wolf if they return)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Bowser
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Marth
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Diddy Kong
Lucario
Toon Link
Rosalina
Little Mac
Inklings
1 Newcomer
1 Cut Veteran

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I do wonder if the invitees don't know who will be available until just between the E3 direct and the tournament.
I also believe all the available fighters are the all the ones confirmed at that day.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
I wager that the playable characters will either be very small (think smash 4 3DS demo), or it will consist of all the silhouetted characters from the Inkling teaser + Inklings + two or three revealed newcomers. Regardless, Inklings will be playable, probably alongside said other fresh faces, and there will be a massive surge of players trying them out, both to experiment/have fun in a not-so-serious tournament for their own sakes, and to please the crowd and viewers at home with new character gameplay, which I'd assume Nintendo is banking on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom