• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
To the person named akix whose tag was SOL, sorry to leave but i was called to do some chores after our second match. I'm not one to get salty over matches i play, i enjoyed playing against jigglypuff and would have stayed for more if life didn't get in the way. [WII U]

I was the Blue Falco and White Marth. I hope we get to play again though.

*L30N1DAS*

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jingle_Bells3
3DS FC
4485-1047-8884
For whoever is named "Rusty" on 3DS For Glory, You didn't haVE TO TEAR ME A NEW ONE LIKE THAT MY GOD.
Your Mario was ****ing amazing. Sorry I rage quit. :/

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
Cam the Marth main on 3DS FG, I am still currently having a blast playing against you. I'm the greninja main. Hope you see this!

Last edited:

Liam.m123

Smash Rookie
NNID
liamAutism2
I was going to find a player that's the same skilled player as me, I main Corrin, and Pikachu, I am really good, who wants to face me, I want to practice to get ready for a major tourney please.

link2702

Smash Champion
I was going to find a player that's the same skilled player as me, I main Corrin, and Pikachu, I am really good, who wants to face me, I want to practice to get ready for a major tourney please.
This isn't the right board for asking.

This is basically a topic where people post random users they encounter in for glory or for fun in hopes that they might find them here at smashboards. If you want to practice go to anthers ladder.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I have to say i really want to find those poeple just to say i damn much i hate them for leaving after one match. People are so very disrespectful in for glory, even though it was a really good match. Before i could've changed my name to 'ggwp' or 'nice', people leave as fast as water.

I don't understand this behavior... i never leave, i always wait until someone else leaves. If the match was too easy and the opponent clearly is a newbie, i'd be the one who leaves, but I'm definitely not a newb and still good gamers leave me after one match... For this, i'd like to ask them, WHY LEAVE?! It was a good match.

Also, lots of times, someone joins my waiting room, and immediately leaves...

link2702

Smash Champion
I have to say i really want to find those poeple just to say i damn much i hate them for leaving after one match. People are so very disrespectful in for glory, even though it was a really good match. Before i could've changed my name to 'ggwp' or 'nice', people leave as fast as water.

I don't understand this behavior... i never leave, i always wait until someone else leaves. If the match was too easy and the opponent clearly is a newbie, i'd be the one who leaves, but I'm definitely not a newb and still good gamers leave me after one match... For this, i'd like to ask them, WHY LEAVE?! It was a good match.

Also, lots of times, someone joins my waiting room, and immediately leaves...
the thing about someone joining and then immediately leaving is actually pretty simple... they likely were about to leave after their last match against someone else, but that person left first and you replaced them....right as your opponent was holding the b-button and hitting yes to leave.

I agree on the other stuff though. I've been occasionally guilty of leaving after one match, but it's usually because my opponent was disrespectful/cocky in the match, and when I turned it around on them and beat them, i'm not about to give them a second chance.

Other times it's frustrating when it happens to me though, because often i'm picking a random character and then I lose one match due to having no clue what i'm doing with said character, and about to pick my main, only for my opponent to be an ass and leave after one win.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
If there's a purple luigi named Jalin, I played you a couple days ago, Cloud named GiraDio who did Lucina first game. good stuff.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
the thing about someone joining and then immediately leaving is actually pretty simple... they likely were about to leave after their last match against someone else, but that person left first and you replaced them....right as your opponent was holding the b-button and hitting yes to leave.

I agree on the other stuff though. I've been occasionally guilty of leaving after one match, but it's usually because my opponent was disrespectful/cocky in the match, and when I turned it around on them and beat them, i'm not about to give them a second chance.

Other times it's frustrating when it happens to me though, because often i'm picking a random character and then I lose one match due to having no clue what i'm doing with said character, and about to pick my main, only for my opponent to be an *** and leave after one win.
Exactly. That's why I never leave after one match. But i really get mad like what you said: you were just messing and start the match with a character you don't play, or something goes wrong... you lose and then your opponent says "gid gud" or something. I reply with "be nice". The follow up reply is usually "salt?" or "don't cry" and before you can even say something, they quickly leave. THOSE people i really wanna find. IRL actually as well. I wanna High Five them... in the face... with a chair.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[3DS]
First time since January that I played some For Glory matches and needless to say I still got it.

Anyways, I'm gonna take the time to give a shout out to this guy with the name cbplayer from Florida for the amazing matches we had together. Your Link was awesome and our skill level was just about even. Forgive me if I've gotten a bit sloppy on the last two matches. I was getting tired after working all night. I was Tino who played as Cloud. Good games! :)

Nah

Smash Champion
DAS DAS

may or may not have run into you today, but not sure

if you remember playing against a Robin today with my name, maybe we did then

if not, I guess it was someone else

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
DAS DAS

may or may not have run into you today, but not sure

if you remember playing against a Robin today with my name, maybe we did then

if not, I guess it was someone else
I remember playing a Robin recently. I can't remember what character I was using, but I do recognize that tag though.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Someone by the name of Frededish was apparently salty when my garbage Samus beat his Cloud. He switched to Zelda and I lost, but it's whatever. He proceeded to call me a spammer and said I played like a *****. He then told me he was going to report me. So, apparently I play like a *****, but he got ******? And, if you decide to report someone, it should be for a legitimate reason like, I don't know, calling someone a "*****" repeatedly. Avoid Frededish. As a Cloud main, he has no right to complain. Two words: Get good.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
Someone by the name of Frededish was apparently salty when my garbage Samus beat his Cloud. He switched to Zelda and I lost, but it's whatever. He proceeded to call me a spammer and said I played like a *****. He then told me he was going to report me. So, apparently I play like a *****, but he got ******? And, if you decide to report someone, it should be for a legitimate reason like, I don't know, calling someone a "*****" repeatedly. Avoid Frededish. As a Cloud main, he has no right to complain. Two words: Get good.
Wow, I can't believe you used projectiles as Samus and actually had the gall to win. You *******.

link2702

Smash Champion
anyone who complains about a projectile character like Samus, link, mega man, duck hunt, etc, because these characters were made to be projectile campers needs to just put their controllers down and stop playing. Yes it might be annoying, but that’s what these characters were designed to be. In case you forgot their weaknesses are also based on this, the characters may for example have some sluggish moves and difficulties getting people off them once they’ve broken past the projectile wall, or the character may not have a reliable kill move and so they can’t find any real opening to finish you off. Sometimes both.

The point is, complaining about and especially reporting someone, just because they use a campy character how they were meant to be used, is just petty and stupid. Expect the reports to be thrown back at you, and if you decide to smart off in the lobby then leave, expect to get put on the YouTube wall of shame eventually.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
aquaPK, Silver~, yukine, or whatever name you go by, thanks for playing me even though I didn't win a match. You don't have to tell me I spam. That's what Samus does. Telling me I'm easy is great and all, but I don't have the same kind of experience as most people do, considering I didn't start playing Sm4sh in 2016 and the game was released in 2014. I've also been unable to play consistently. But, I did take stocks off of you, so I guess that counts for something. I doubt you'll read this, but if you happen to come across this post, thanks for staying around instead of leaving. I appreciate that. I need better players to improve.

link2702

Smash Champion
just fyi, i was being sarcastic lol
Eh, was waaay early for me in the morning, so wasn’t paying to much attention. Either way it still surprises me that people complain so much projectile camping and spam. It’s also not like most of the campy characters are even that great anyway, aside from megaman and villager, most aren’t even that high on the tier list, and those two aren’t even top tiers, so someone complaining about link or Samus needs to quit whining.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Eh, was waaay early for me in the morning, so wasn’t paying to much attention. Either way it still surprises me that people complain so much projectile camping and spam. It’s also not like most of the campy characters are even that great anyway, aside from megaman and villager, most aren’t even that high on the tier list, and those two aren’t even top tiers, so someone complaining about link or Samus needs to quit whining.
Interestingly, a lot of people spam. It's just not as noticeable or doesn't receive the same criticism as those who use projectiles. Grabbing a lot is spamming. Using f-air a lot is spamming. Using the same technique to KO the opponent to the ceiling with Bayonetta is spamming. Until Nintendo balances my main so she has a fighting chance close up, I'll continue to spam if that's what it takes for me to win.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
To a player named Ceaz who I played on the Wii U version, I thank you for the awesome series of matches.

I had tons of fun, and you have a great Link, Falco, and Yoshi. The Yoshi kinda deserves a shoutout given the way you destoryed my Marth.

Just wanted to thank you, and I am sorry for leaving suddenly. Had to go attend to some personal issues. I hope to play you again!

Rran

Smash Apprentice
Had about a dozen or so matches with some player named "derp" (lol) on 3DS :b:

Good games!

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I met this player called Dr Deas from Germany and he destroyed me after a horde of noobs. I want to play against you again.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Avoid someone named ADUBZ, whose NNID is Austin. He clearly hates top tiered characters. Probably a sign of losing so much to them. But, he likes to taunt during the match when you're on the stage. He's very rude and isn't worth your time. If you are ADUBZ, git gud.

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
if any of you came across A red, Possibly purple or blue Toon Link or Shadow mewtwo or Cloud with the ribbon with the tag NeCrO I am here!!

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Just played "iDont lose" on 3DS. Nice Wii Fit Trainer, you're a great opponent! I'm sorry the connection got worse as we kept playing, if you see this feel free to message me and we can play again sometime. I was "Phyzeke" and used :4wiifit::4jigglypuff::4zelda:

Lergi

Smash Rookie
Shoutout to Xavier with the tag "WOLF" who played a few matches against me and kicked my ass in most of them. Then we both randomly decided to be Ganondorf, and he kicked my ass in dittos even harder than he was before. Great games, my man.

KMSU11

Smash Rookie
NNID
KMSU11
3DS FC
4768-7904-0617
Switch FC
SW-5250-4789-8307
Shoutout to NairoMK who completely trashed me as Corrin in For Glory..and on stream. First time fighting a tournament local and it felt crazy.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Played someone named ADAM. You beat me 2-0, but we did Bo5 and I turned the match around. You were pretty good. I'm glad you stayed after the first two matches. Also to someone who goes by the name Deboy who mains Samus, good matches. I don't see many Samus players on FG.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
Shoutout to hsykid

A killer Bayonetta. A Wii Fit Slayer. And a solid Lucas to top it off. Most fun I've had getting rocked like that in a long time. Appreciate the hour long spanking and the follow ups on twitter.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Nice matches, Evil | Mo. Your Mewtwo was the best I've played. I was catching on, but you were fast. I didn't realize you were known among Mewtwo players. Hopefully I'll bump into you again in the future.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Shoutouts to *Oz* on the 3DS, who played the blonde haired Bowser. If you see this, I was the Red colored Ike.

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
Mad at first, but kudos to you CAT, your Villager game was shown to have much dedication in it. Thanks for the ass kicking!

Top Bottom