• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
To Sire DoctorWat/Mason,

Your Robin is quite delightful,
It really put on a light show,
But the salt shakers were ready,
and I wasn't quite ready,
for the games that were ahead of me.

No but seriously, GG, wish I could have played again, hate the Robin matchup against Shulk. >w>

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Shoutouts to Zaggalon on 3DS. He mostly played Ike, but also did some Palutena and Ganon. Nice to see some dark horse characters getting real love. Good games, man.

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
There was a Daniel with a cloud in the 3ds FG. I enjoyed the matches. Your Cloud is pretty good. I was the Ike.

Jay Vee

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3153-7441-9113
Just had some matches against a pretty good :4zelda: and :4ganondorf: player named Jigoooo or (jagoooo?) can't remember but it was around that lol. Anyway ggs, I was the :4littlemac:and :4kirby: player, very fun games and sorry bout the lag towards the end.

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just played an amazing set with a person named Eli on 3DS. We had a fantastic Marth vs. Lucina battle and it went INCREDIBLY even. I've been favoring Lucina a lot lately and I particularly enjoy her battles against the other swordsmen, Marth in particular.

I would really, really love to play again with you sometime. It was a lot of fun!

(Edit: Astonishingly, I just played another Marth player; this one named Senketsu. He also use Ike. Great games, man!)

Last edited:

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
CHEESE! Played a very, very good Ryu, I didn't know such combos existed! I wish I stood more of a chance, but damn, I'm surprised I enjoyed getting my arse kicked.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
FANTASTIC matches on 3DS tonight with someone named Chris. He mostly used Corrin, but did some Shulk and R.O.B. as well. It was a very back-and-forth sort of battle and I would have stayed longer, but I really badly needed to use the bathroom. ^^;

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Sorry I made you have a bad experience on FG, but that is just how I play online sometimes.
@Metalex is on the right track,don't take it too personally, I usually do my best to beat my opponent in the beginning of a match, but if my opponent is easily over matched, my play style could easily be interpreted as mocking or degrading, but as a compensation if you want, we can exchange 3DS friendcodes and play again in a more friendly manner?
Ack, sorry only just seen your reply, first time online in a while. I must admit I've had an awful run these last few months, and everyone on FG was taking the opportunity to disrespect me so I may have taken it the wrong way. Since I really, REALLY want to find out why I can't win any games, I'm happy to join you for another in the future. Sorry again!

Chocoboko

Smash Rookie
NNID
Guilmon35249vr
Shoutouts to a played named Nintendo for giving me Bayonetta matchup practice. I was TF|Boko with the tag "Pata", mostly using blue Bowser.

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Posting just in case someone here played me before.

Last edited:

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
Smog753, you were the the best Samus I've ever seen on For Glory. Good games

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Looking for a 3DS player named Rosie. We played a lot of matches which unfortunately ended when lag spiked on one match. Both of us changed characters every match (I was using Random). My tag was Atoyont.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Met some kind fellow today named Trevor/ICK. GGs, especially in the Little Mac ditto! Suiciding when I die from a failed recovery, starting the match off with some taunts, you're easily the nicest and most respectful player I have ever met in FG. Keep up that good attitude for all future players you meet in FG!

Amend

Smash Rookie
[3DS]

Shoutout to TheBagel and his Mario/Ness/Lucas, great set of plays. Also to Locuster and his green Megaman, best Megaman I've seen. If any of you read this, PM me if you wanna play again. I know I do.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Y'know I think I played a Bayonetta with the same name the other day. Probably the same person, though I cannot remember how the matches went.....
I dont know what his main is, but won the first round and he won the 2nd, but he left after that. Was really fun games to
!

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Ggs to NoHope7 with the tag "DABB". I was only able to take one game off your Corrin. You were easily the best one I've faced yet.

I was the Bayonetta player with the tag "Nexin". Great games man, and I hope to fsce you again.

sonicgx101

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicgx101
3DS FC
1263-8019-2008
I'd like to give a couple of shoutouts to the following 3ds players

VicThor - that first match against your Ryu was great (the focus attack going through counter caught me off guard) as well as the rest of the matchs against your Greninja.

denpau5 - That first match against your Cloud ended on a sour note due to his recovery (I know that feel bro) but the other matches against your Villager makes up for it.

Artist - Your Bayonetta was on point considering it was day 2 of the final dlc and it great learn how Sonic can fair against her. Other than that those were some fun Sega matches.

If any of you guys see this
It would be nice to play you guys again someday

Last edited:

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
Shoutouts to Tater Tater probably the best Bayonetta I have seen thus far.
Thanks bae c:

... It definitely wasn't me, though. I can't do anything with Bayonetta and I rarely play FG haha

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Absolutely AMAZING games on 3DS with someone named Kevy. You are an awesome player and I had a blast running a gamut of characters with you. I felt so bad that I had to get going, but thank you for the fantastic set!

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
GGs to HAVIC101 on 3DS. Even though there were some moments of lag at times, I still had a lot of fun using my :4kirby: against your :4corrinf:.

It taught me a few things to be aware of in the matchup. Plus you punished my mistakes rather easily when I tried to copy your neutral B. I'd like to think some Neutral B's are useful to copy as it adds a dimension of gameplay in some form for me, leading to my rather.....gimmicky playstyle, lol. Either way, good fights. o/

Mason Brown

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-2925-6073
Shout out to Kev on 3ds for beating me at :4samus: dittos. Like ten times. Probly more. I kept falling to the same tricks, namely charge shot. Maybe I could learn a thing or two from you... (I'm not the robin playin Mason some 1 mentioned up there somewhere :p)

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Good games to a player named Chris, the good sportsmanship was much appreciated. It was also very easy to see that you put some serious work into that Marth. Keep up the good work!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
[3DS] GGs to Jason from right here in Ontario. You played very reactively and smart with Villager and WFT. The punishes you pulled off as well as some of your mind games were phenomenal. I was the Red Palutena, DK, Falcon.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Nice bo3 set with some Megaman named "zombeh..." (longer tag than displayed) on the 3DS. Sorry I had to cut it short since I was only catching a break during my day, I wasn't on my free time. Interesting jab lock punishes you got there, and I like how you started to adapt in game 2 (got bad enough where I needed to rely on up throw), you were about to put me in kill percentages.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
how do you check where somebody is from on the 3ds?
IIRC you press X on the results screen.

Shoutouts to a player on Wii U with the Mii name "Nathan" and the tag "A2 Xmas". Great Rosalina and ZSS. In particular I found your Rosalina interesting as it was rather agressive, using BAir to pressure the opponent's shield. My Mii name was Atoyont and my tag was Kofu. I'm the guy who broke your shield as Mario.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Another late 3DS FG session, another good player. Namely, "jordie". He won nearly every match and his ZSS was formidable. Bayo was also used, amidst some random characters. Even though I kinda goofed off halfway near the end like with the Falcon Punch spam, he still kept me on my toes. Good sense of humor too! I think.

It's a rarity that I find actually good players on For Glory, so if jordie is reading this, I'm always ready for a rematch! I went by TMG64 btw.

Top Bottom