• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Just fought Jobro on 3DS For Glory. Very enjoyable matches with my Marth, Ike, and Samus versus his Wii Fit, Dedede, Lucario, Lucina, Robin, Villager, and Greninja. I'm guessing his main was Villager, Wii Fit was his secondary, and the others were just characters tried to test stuff or spice things up.

Samus don't give a hoot about 199% Lucario :4samus: I'm as composed as they come.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I think I ran into @ outfoxd outfoxd today.

I was the Ike who was experience internet lag issues. You were Alph at the time. Was a fun fight, sorry about the lag if that was you.

link2702

Smash Champion
keep an eye out for another crybaby named koop. I beat his shulk with my samus, then beat his pikachu with my shulk. he raged, got a lucky win the final match against my shulk with his bowser, changed his name to "***" at the character select screen and then ragequit.

wonder how he'd react if I actually used my main and beat him....anyhow just keep an eye out.

*sigh* what is it with the brats lately who act like such poor sports...ever since they realized they can avoid getting reported if they leave before the next match, you get so many who will try to resort to name calling if you beat em.

I just fought this insanely good Japanese player with my Ike and Marth against his Sonic, Greninja, and Diddy Kong. This guy was extremely skilled! He did all these weird and unpredictable movement options and cancels with Sonic I've never seen, but I still managed to win. He did a lot of stuff the best Sonics in Brawl did, so he clearly had a Brawl Sonic background. Then he pulled his Greninja and did a lot of stuff that was similar to aMSa's Greninja. Finally, he pulled Diddy, which is when Marth finally came into play, and he managed to get me to 240 before I died because I was playing smart when his down throw stopped working long ago and just respecting all the other stuff he threw out while zoning him. I can't believe I 3-0'd him. I was able to read him pretty well all three games, despite his unpredictability and very smart play.

There's nothing more satisfying than fighting a skilled Japanese player with a perfect connection (for 3DS). A lot of Americans I play on For Glory do a lot of stupid options and lag takes a lot out of the fighting. They get very salty and disrespectful, and their connections overall are ****. I'm ending Smash tonight on a really positive and refreshing note.

Last edited:

ColdPhazon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdPhazon
3DS FC
0018-0926-0904
[Wii U] Fought a girl (I think) by the name of Queen Dani. Beat her :4falcon: and :4ganondorf:. After the match she called me a b*tch LOL. I should keep track at how many people call me names. I find it quite funny xD

Last edited:

TotallyNotMikey

Smash Cadet
Warrington, Cheshire, North West of England.
Just fought a dude called ;|OBEN|;, at least I think so, replace the letters with the corresponding symbol like omega, beta etc.

You were a pretty fun opponent until we started lagging, then I felt like you were abusing rolls way too hard cus I couldn't punish in the chopiness.

Either way, gg

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Fought a guy named Javy (or Javi I'm not sure) and two stocked his Peach. He then switched to Sheik, and being a ROB main, he has a lot of problems with Sheik. So I lost that match, and then the guy proceeded to change his tag to "LOL U SUCK" and left the game. I would have switched to my secondary, but oh well. Lmao.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well played to Daniel, who played a very competent Marth. Your technical skill and dexterity is seriously impressive, they were fun matches!

Fought a guy named Javy (or Javi I'm not sure) and two stocked his Peach. He then switched to Sheik, and being a ROB main, he has a lot of problems with Sheik. So I lost that match, and then the guy proceeded to change his tag to "LOL U SUCK" and left the game. I would have switched to my secondary, but oh well. Lmao.
Yeah **** people who get cocky and leave before I can switch to another character, I hate it when I'm just messing around with Samus (when I've only been good with sword characters since 08 and don't care much about win/loss) and want to switch the next game or something.

Ultear

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ultear
Sup everyone
I go by the name Martin on WiiU and mainly use the tag BLUE
I main Marth/Lucina
If somebody had some matches with me feel free to criticise me.

Cyro

Airborne
They were indeed interesting! I really enjoyed playing you, we were pretty even overall. I'd like love to get more matches in sometime. Your Falco and Fox were especially tricky.
Thank you! And same to your GnW! I was pretty tired towards the end, so sorry about me constantly switching characters lol. But yes, I'd be completely up for playing again, especially since we wouldn't be limited to omegas :b:

Last edited:

Ultear

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ultear
There's one guy on Facebook named Martin myself and some other guy give a lot of ****. Inside joke with them to see if you were that Martin.
Thats not me, Altrough I just rememberd getting destroyed by a kirby, but forgot his Name.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Yeah **** people who get cocky and leave before I can switch to another character, I hate it when I'm just messing around with Samus (when I've only been good with sword characters since 08 and don't care much about win/loss) and want to switch the next game or something.
Ppl who're like that I usually just block from seeing again, at the results screen after a match, I click their name, instead of report I just block them. makes it easier on me from encountering ragequitters.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Ppl who're like that I usually just block from seeing again, at the results screen after a match, I click their name, instead of report I just block them. makes it easier on me from encountering ragequitters.
Also, if you don't report/block them from within the game, you can always check your friends list, and then "people played with" (I think) from the Wii U menu and see a list of people you recently played with, and friend them/block them from there as needed. I've had to do that to deal with a particularly disrespectful player who left before I remembered I could actually do that.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Thank you! And same to your GnW! I was pretty tired towards the end, so sorry about me constantly switching characters lol. But yes, I'd be completely up for playing again, especially since we wouldn't be limited to omegas :b:
Nah, it's fine. I want to work on my Villager but he's not quite up to the level of my Game & Watch yet. Plus Falco is a hard MU for him IMO. Your characters were all pretty good.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Also, if you don't report/block them from within the game, you can always check your friends list, and then "people played with" (I think) from the Wii U menu and see a list of people you recently played with, and friend them/block them from there as needed. I've had to do that to deal with a particularly disrespectful player who left before I remembered I could actually do that.
I was meaning about the players who I encounter on 3DS, but this is useful information I didn't know about for Wii U, thanks for the insight.

Cyro

Airborne
Nah, it's fine. I want to work on my Villager but he's not quite up to the level of my Game & Watch yet. Plus Falco is a hard MU for him IMO. Your characters were all pretty good.
That's kind of ironic because I despise the Villager MU as Falco, lol. His reflector doesn't cut it for me :ohwell:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
ggs to KINZ:3 our group in TB was epic!

And has anyone else noticed the huge number of foreign language tags in fg matches?

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Man, I hope that Laharl guy is on smashboards. Those were some amazing matches. Awesome Greninja, Link, Meta Knight, and Dark Pit. Some of the best matches I've had yet! When I saw the name I had to change my tag to Valvatorez.
Really well mannered too. Had some moments to kick back and taunt a bit.
That was a great ending to it all though, with the footstool. GGs man.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Yo, Jordan, great games (I was Wispy; it's a borrowed 2DS).
Your Marth was...definitely something I've never seen before, and it was a lot of fun to fight.
Reminded me of the Brawl days with how intense the spacing wars were, and I can honestly say that was one of the very few times I've actually enjoyed playing this game.
You taught me quite a bit about how I should space myself, and really, I'm grateful.
GGs.

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
GWIX or blake, ggs, I really like your Falco and Wii Fit Trainer. I was the Duck Hunt player who didn't have a tag on and my mii's name was Tasty

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Hey mick, it's me Muppet. I played Duck Hunt Duo, you were Bumblebee Ness. I just couldn't handle your shielding and edgeguarding shenanigans. Please let me back on the stage! Ack!

(You played amazingly.)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Ggs @Diyuki

Had a lot of fun fighting your ganon, sheik, and falcon. Really liked our first match lots of mind games between your falcon vs my lucario. Good connection very few spikes lovvved it!

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Dara who used ZSS and Captain Falcon! You had so much control over Zero Suit, I could barely keep up with those B-reversals. I'd love to fight again sometime! I was that derpy black Marth with the tag Matsu.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
has anyone fought a shizuo on 3ds version?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
[Wii U]

Fought a Golden Falcon with the tag "NINJAA".

I was the Brown Diddy (literally the first time I pick him up, was I good?), and the Orange Bikini ZSS that 2-stocked you on game 2. Impressive Falcon Punch on game 3 (still won) and finally won the 4th game, despite the atrocious amount of lag.

I had the tag "iM 5T00P!D"​

Last edited:

Mr.M

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
@Ryusuta

Think i played you in fg
You were lucario the first two matches then went yoshi

Ggs

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Couldn't believe I was playing with Reflex in FG today. That was until he gave me the business with Megaman. Those matches were really fun, I would've stayed a bit longer but I had to get off to do something. Thanks for the add @TheReflexWonder, I'm up to spar with you whenever dude.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
All these people finding big names on FG and im here only finding casuals.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Played a guy named Ky. Not a very great Marth player and I don't get mirrors a lot. I hope at least he learned something!
Also played some cool For Fun 4 player matches with a ZEKEIES!, STROM, and...AND. Nice name.
Highlight was STROM as he slid down on a rolling crate that knocked the rest of us out. Couldn't stop laughing, had to replay it.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Arigato Ogozaima****a to リンクリ "Linkry" for your Outstanding :4robinm:&:4link: play.
I NiD_Lightman greatly enjoyed our matches. I started out :4link: and after a few rounds of :4robinm: you switched to :4link:. Your Link is very good, and made me fight really hard to survive, and after a few rounds I figured I'd return the courtesy and play :4robinf:. I'd like to think I did pretty well, but your:4robinm: superior by a fair margin. Good games and thank you for friending me. ;)

edit: It's in japanese you stupid forum, why censor part of a word??????? :facepalm:
FINE!

ありがとうございました

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't believe I was playing with Reflex in FG today. That was until he gave me the business with Megaman. Those matches were really fun, I would've stayed a bit longer but I had to get off to do something. Thanks for the add @TheReflexWonder, I'm up to spar with you whenever dude.
Oh shoot, I knew something was up with that guy. I came across a player named Reflex last week. Dude had an immaculate Falco, made that character actually look good. So that would explain why I was only able to take one match off the guy.

Top Bottom