• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Semystic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-0984-7173
Made an account due to saltiness and hope of finding someone I've played with here (best reasons, I know).

<salt>To a player named "Edge" from *didn't see location due to salt* who used Samus, quit the ridiculous missile and charge shot spamming, ffs. Worse than all the Link/Toon Link spamming arrows and boomerangs of all kinds.</salt>
They all do that. Its part of those characters' main strategies. You have to learn to deal with them. Theyre not too hard.

otter

Smash Ace
GGs to KYam who played as Sheik, Samus and a few others in 2v2 FG. Also GGs to a Megaman/Bowser player named moise who was also there.

I was the black Dr. Mario/red Wario named Brandon.
BTW, is team attack on or off in for glory?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Paging Zenas. California player. Used an on-point Peach on Golden Plains.

I was Josh, the default Robin. I dunno what caused that lag spurt at the end, but that was a tense match; had Levin Bair not connected, I was guaranteed to lose from that Fair.

Would like to play some more if you see this. :)

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Great to know someone else faced him :3

I was thinking of going a bit easy on him for a bit, but I decided, with how he was tryin, he deserved my best game, especially so he could learn more and get better~
Exactly my predicament! I went full Ganon and showed no mercy!! Hahaha! I showed a lil' :->

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hey, I just played a guy named Ryan who used just about every color Yoshi against my silver Bowser (I'm Brian); if you're on here, I just wanted to give you props for not giving up! Even though I came out on top pretty much most of the time, you kept right at it and I really respected that (I was so proud when you finally won! :bee:) I'd love to play you again sometime with some of my other characters!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Exactly my predicament! I went full Ganon and showed no mercy!! Hahaha! I showed a lil' :->
mhmm~ Hope I can see him again soon.

Though I doubt he frequents the forum (I could be wrong tho XD)

I suddenly wanna face your ganon... =P *goes add your friend code* o3o

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Last night I fought a Canadian named...Canadian.XD
He played Little Mac,and I Greninja.You could tell we both just wanted some fair matches.We'd SD if the other did,and when his KO punch filled he'd run to the other side of the stage and get rid of it.Would like to see ya again.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
"Dark Li..." (Dark Link, I'm assuming): those were some pretty good matches. You played a green Kirby and a Black Dr. Mario against me.
Zenas: HO-LY CRRRAP. You knew how to use Little Mac well along with a bunch of other characters (Pit, Charizard, Ganondorf). Our matches were pretty ridiculously even. I won some, you won some. If you're seeing this, I really hope we run into each other again someday. Those were some top-level play matches. I'm putting those matches up on YouTube for sure.

I'm Power:starman:9 on Sm4sh, just in case any1 else ran into me. I always start off playing as a yellow Link.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
GGs to a Fenrir VII who played a really good Megaman. Is it this @ Fenrir VII Fenrir VII ? I was the Lucario player named Howler. Why did you only play 2 games? :(
Yeah that was me. Actually wanted to play more but had a disaster in the house so had to go suddenly. Add my fc and we'll play again. Sorry about that.
I also fought Fenrir earlier. He switched characters every match, and beat me each time (4 or 5 games) but all matches were decently close. I used Ludwig.
GGs man!

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Had fun trading matches back and forth with someone named Jim my who used Yoshi. Would really like to play more in the future.

P1 Jake

Smash Rookie
NNID
P1-Jake
3DS FC
4398-9435-7143
Just had some matches against someone named Schlotz (I think) with him using Captain Falcon :4falcon: vs my Samus :4samus:. Guy was crazy familiar with his character and had some close and intense fights.

GGs man!

BBC7

Smash Ace
I encountered a Rosalina player named RealGamer a few days ago, is that @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer ?

Sorry for my level of scrub, I was arton the Mega Man. (I haven't played in a while so I lost a bit of my touch)

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Met my first two Peach players tonight, Kyle and Adumb. Pretty excited to finally see some people using Peach!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I encountered a Rosalina player named RealGamer a few days ago, is that @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer ?

Sorry for my level of scrub, I was arton the Mega Man. (I haven't played in a while so I lost a bit of my touch)
Unfortunately no that wasn't me.

If I'm on For Glory you'll most likely be playing against a red Charizard. My name is just "eddie" for the record.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Wanted to give a shout out to Matt the :4pit: player. I played as :4ludwig: and I think we ended up about even. Would've definitely played more if it wasn't so late. Good games!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Hey I didn't know that until now! Can u check their location in replays?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
No, unfortunately, nor their NNID :( . Just their display name.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I main game boy color King Dedede and secondary jigglypuff bow tie. I go by the name "Jake" and no ones King Dedede I have run into is better than mine. I only have about 400 matches logged but you'll know me when you see me.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
mhmm~ Hope I can see him again soon.

Though I doubt he frequents the forum (I could be wrong tho XD)

I suddenly wanna face your ganon... =P *goes add your friend code* o3o

Yeah i doubt it too... butt you never know! Hi luis! So yeah ill add you too
if you want :) Just hit me up when you feel for a few matchies. ^^

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Shoutouts to a Palutena main called Forte. Best Palutena I've played. Despite winning most of the games I felt under pressure for all of them and really felt I only barely clutched it out for a lot of them. I was SDoom playing Zard, Shulk, Falco and a final game as Pit.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Played against this Mario called MadDog. He was one of the best players I have ever found on For Glory. I would really like to find him for some more matches later! (I was King DeDeDe and Ike)

By the way, how do you guys check location? I never saw that option.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Met my first two Peach players tonight, Kyle and Adumb. Pretty excited to finally see some people using Peach!
Ooooh I've found this Kyle player I think a couple days ago o-o I saved a replay of the one match we had cx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
GGs to a Metaknight player named Dev. You're the best MK I've played yet! I really had to work hard in our matches. I wouldn't mind playing again

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I had trouble sleeping late last night, so I booted smash up and played some For Glory. I ran into a decent Yoshi player named Joseph. I was expecting him to leave after just two matches, but instead he stuck around for more. I took this opportunity to try out some subs, but even after I used up all my characters he still wanted more. This gave me the opportunity to practice characters I don't generally use often or at all, so I start browsing through the whole roster trying out characters, many of which I had never played before.

He still wouldn't quit.
He must have really enjoyed the matches, because by the end of it I had used practically every character in the roster against him, some of them multiple times. I don't usually like to leave before my opponent does, but eventually I just had to cut it and leave him be. How can someone have that much energy? Doesn't he ever get tired? Doesn't he need a break? Is he some kind of robot? Does he take his face and hands off before he goes to bed? Did he quit after I left, or did he find someone else to continue his bloodlust? Does he have nothing better to do at that hour of the morning? On a Monday even??

I had a super great time though and I hope I see him again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
ChouDa from New Jersey: you're pretty good, far better than me at least. But I have to ask, what was up with you constantly picking Marth whenever I came anywhere near beating you in the last match? I apologise if you actually do play Marth regularly, but given when you switched to him, it just came across to me as extreme arrogance, like "I'm so much better than you, I can beat you with your own main". And then switching to Lucina later just struck me as downright rude. I mean, c'mon man, you're better than that, right?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I really enjoyed the matches I just played with a guy with the tag of pOOp (I didn't check where he was from, unfortunately). He started with Marth but mainly used default Dedede. I used G&W, Villager, and Ganon and had the tag of Atoyont.. Usually Dedede frustrates me, but yours was really enjoyable and had some good traps with Gordos. I'd love to play you again in the future.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Alex who played Ness, Jiggly, Zelda, Ness, Ness, then left? If you are here those were some awesome matches, and fun ones too. I'm Maz the Sheik.

Red5_snt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Red5_snt
3DS FC
5429-7893-3202
Played a Ganon named Zeyad a few hours ago. Played a lot of REALLY great games. A lot of back and forth and those cross counter KOs were crazy! Probably some of the most fun I've had on For Glory since I got the game. I had to leave because I was honestly running out of steam... I saved a lot of the replays for the lulz and probably gonna post them on youtube or something. Btw I was that Fierce Deity Link named Red.

Top Bottom