• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who still plays Super Smash Brothers Brawl (SSBB)?

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Placed top 60 at apex 15 In brawl and I diddnt play it for a year or two b4 the event, I don't hate brawl, there's just better options

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Placed top 60 at apex 15 In brawl and I diddnt play it for a year or two b4 the event, I don't hate brawl, there's just better options
I don't really care about that, I've beaten Apex "professionals" with Link, your point? Smash-4 is even more easily efficient so you really didn't update one bit. Also I didn't even ask for that silly response as well.

@ Everyone else: Great to view some rebels that wont follow the next "newest thing" that isn't even that upgraded at all. I'll add all of you this week or next week. Thanks.

Last edited:

darkrailink1 (dl1)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dl1
3DS FC
2509-2107-2647
I don't really care about that, I've beaten Apex "professionals" with Link, your point? Smash-4 is even more easily efficient so you really didn't update one bit. Also I didn't even ask for that silly response as well.

@ Everyone else: Great to view some rebels that wont follow the next "newest thing" that isn't even that upgraded at all. I'll add all of you this week or next week. Thanks.
i dont think mele smash 4 brawl or 64 or project m are better but i love playing each one and why ill keep play all of them

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
The removal of random tripping automatically makes Smash 4 a much upgraded game.
Big deal, come up with something else that will actually make me waste my time over it.

Smash-4 however is nerf-ed, slow, and everyone that isn't Brawl or Smash-4 based of a fan agrees that Smash-4 is slower, boring-er, and that makes Brawl more better and "upgraded".

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
i dont think mele smash 4 brawl or 64 or project m are better but i love playing each one and why ill keep play all of them
Double post my apologies. Well yes; however, Smash-4 is by far the most different Smash-4 in all of the Smash franchise. I only strike towards Smash-4 being worst to hush the ex Brawl and now Smash-4 fans and players that they can't just write whatsoever is "bad" about Brawl. As long you play Brawl and Melee then great to read man. I'll add you later on. Thanks.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Big deal, come up with something else that will actually make me waste my time over it.

Smash-4 however is nerf-ed, slow, and everyone that isn't Brawl or Smash-4 based of a fan agrees that Smash-4 is slower, boring-er, and that makes Brawl more better and "upgraded".
Probably one of the silliest things I've ever read. I have never heard the opinion that Brawl is "more better", whatever that means. If Brawl was a better game, there wouldn't be character boards with posts that are months old or even from last year as the newest post. (See: King Dedede board.) If Brawl was a better game, there would be a ton of tournaments dedicated to Brawl still happening today, but nope, it fell off the face of the planet.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't speak for everyone, and this "everyone" that you're listing seems to be a bunch of imaginary people you've made up for the sake of a dumb argument.

The bottom line is this: you think that a gigantic portion of the cast being nonviable + tripping + chain grabs / infinites / ledgestalling in a pretty slow game is better than more characters being strong, custom abilities, no chain grabs, more combos, more edgeguarding potential, and a lack of tripping. That's nice - but you're absolutely deluded if you think this is a majority opinion at all in any sense of the phrase.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Probably one of the silliest things I've ever read. I have never heard the opinion that Brawl is "more better", whatever that means. If Brawl was a better game, there wouldn't be character boards with posts that are months old or even from last year as the newest post. (See: King Dedede board.) If Brawl was a better game, there would be a ton of tournaments dedicated to Brawl still happening today, but nope, it fell off the face of the planet.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't speak for everyone, and this "everyone" that you're listing seems to be a bunch of imaginary people you've made up for the sake of a dumb argument.

The bottom line is this: you think that a gigantic portion of the cast being nonviable + tripping + chain grabs / infinites / ledgestalling in a pretty slow game is better than more characters being strong, custom abilities, no chain grabs, more combos, more edgeguarding potential, and a lack of tripping. That's nice - but you're absolutely deluded if you think this is a majority opinion at all in any sense of the phrase.
You're kidding right? You were the one in the first place that had to come in here and mention that useless remark. This thread is towards if players still play Brawl and if so then add me. You seem to have been drinking too much and have stumbled upon this thread wrong way.

Also to suffice your dumb remark towards why Brawl isn't the same anymore; it has to do with the fact that the WFC Wi-Fi connection has become disabled and that's due to Nintendo of course, if they wanted to save the Wi-Fi connection then they could've however, they chose not to. Since that moment Brawl sunk and so people just quit supporting Brawl in the first place. But the players still live on. I don't give three pickles what a "tournament" is going to bring "hype". Wi-Fi is where the real action was for Brawl and since that is gone publicly without the use of special patches and such, people wont bother stressing over getting Wimfii the new WFC Wi-Fi connection that is why Brawl is seen as "dead" but is better due to the game mechanics aren't seen or matches for Brawl yet people like myself see the truth. You however just join the band wagon towards believing everything that is new is "better" silly ideology you possess there. And nice fantasy as well towards Smash-4 is seen as a waste of Smash life time. Now get out. Thanks.

Last edited:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
You're kidding right? You were the one in the first place that had to come in here and mention that useless remark. This thread is towards if players still play Brawl and if so then add me. You seem to have been drinking too much and have stumbled upon this thread wrong way.

Also to suffice your dumb remark towards why Brawl isn't the same anymore; it has to do with the fact that the WFC Wi-Fi connection has become disabled and that's due to Nintendo of course, if they wanted to save the Wi-Fi connection then they could've however, they chose not to. Since that moment Brawl sunk and so people just quit supporting Brawl in the first place. But the players still live on. I don't give three pickles what a "tournament" is going to bring "hype". Wi-Fi is where the real action was for Brawl and since that is gone publicly without the use of special patches and such, people wont bother stressing over getting Wimfii the new WFC Wi-Fi connection that is why Brawl is seen as "dead" but is better due to the game mechanics aren't seen or matches for Brawl yet people like myself see the truth. You however just join the band wagon towards believing everything that is new is "better" silly ideology you possess there. And nice fantasy as well towards Smash-4 is seen as a waste of Smash life time. Now get out. Thanks.
So basically, people don't play Brawl anymore because they shut down the WFC Wi-Fi, even though tournaments can still exist for it and other smash games have thriving online communities because users actually went out of their way to make online play. You also think that your opinion - which is clearly in the minority based on the fact that there hasn't been a mass revolution of players headed back to Brawl - is fact.

Unfortunately for you, that isn't how opinions work. The objective fact is Brawl tournaments have fallen off the map and the game was dying before Smash 4 was out, because the larger opinion is that Brawl is an awful game. Just because you care more about Wi-Fi than tournaments doesn't mean that the game isn't objectively dead due to the relative lack of a competitive scene. You can enjoy Brawl as much as you want, but please don't act like your opinion that's subjectively and objectively unpopular is fact.

"Wi-Fi is where the real action was for Brawl."

and I'm the drunk one.

Takezo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
TAISH0U
i play it still. i need to work on my wii to get it online still doe. Plus i seemed to have misplaced my disc. xC i'll find it eventually. xD

Edit:wow didn't notice this thread was bumped by someone with their arbitrary opinion. ugh.

Last edited:

Ifrit_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skyloftknight123
3DS FC
1375-7213-2200
Melee: I am God!
PM: I am SSJ God!
Brawl: Hey, At least I'm fun!
Smash4: Out of the way Scrubs, it's time for me to take the spotlight
64: h-hey guys... r-remember me? I'm cool right?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
So basically, people don't play Brawl anymore because they shut down the WFC Wi-Fi, even though tournaments can still exist for it and other smash games have thriving online communities because users actually went out of their way to make online play. You also think that your opinion - which is clearly in the minority based on the fact that there hasn't been a mass revolution of players headed back to Brawl - is fact.

Unfortunately for you, that isn't how opinions work. The objective fact is Brawl tournaments have fallen off the map and the game was dying before Smash 4 was out, because the larger opinion is that Brawl is an awful game. Just because you care more about Wi-Fi than tournaments doesn't mean that the game isn't objectively dead due to the relative lack of a competitive scene. You can enjoy Brawl as much as you want, but please don't act like your opinion that's subjectively and objectively unpopular is fact.

"Wi-Fi is where the real action was for Brawl."

and I'm the drunk one.
Sigh, Wi-Fi was the foundation of Brawl, without that I wasn't surprised Brawl would "fall off the map" since there is no backbone support to play Wi-Fi. But of course unless people are (forced) to hack their Wiis in-order to play Online Brawl which many wouldn't bother to but instead they switched to Smash-4. I had a Smash dude that would Brawl with me each and every time we Brawl and to note he wasn't a "scrub" he was quite talented with Diddy Kong, well long story short he gave up on Brawl once the WFC shutdown has commenced; even though the next day we find out here is an alternate way to play Brawl online with the help of a very productive third party server named "Wiinfii".

So the moral of the story is Brawl is "dead" because Wi-Fi is seemed to become "dead in the eyes of others. Oh right and the what-ya called in tourney thing. Thanks.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Sigh, Wi-Fi was the foundation of Brawl, without that I wasn't surprised Brawl would "fall off the map" since there is no backbone support to play Wi-Fi. But of course unless people are (forced) to hack their Wiis in-order to play Online Brawl which many wouldn't bother to but instead they switched to Smash-4. I had a Smash dude that would Brawl with me each and every time we Brawl and to note he wasn't a "scrub" he was quite talented with Diddy Kong, well long story short he gave up on Brawl once the WFC shutdown has commenced; even though the next day we find out here is an alternate way to play Brawl online with the help of a very productive third party server named "Wiinfii".

So the moral of the story is Brawl is "dead" because Wi-Fi is seemed to become "dead in the eyes of others. Oh right and the what-ya called in tourney thing. Thanks.
Thank you for your understanding.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Edit:wow didn't notice this thread was bumped by someone with their arbitrary opinion. ugh.
If you think it's myself, then you're wasting your time. I'll take an educated guess that Brinzy guy voted for this thread a one up so other Smash-4 or people that enjoy some dysfunctional drama conversations can view it. I already noticed a huge difference ever since this somewhat troll has entered the thread.

My apologies to anyone that doesn't want to view these turn of events though I'm 35% sure. I'll add all of you this week or next week. Thanks.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
If you think it's myself, then you're wasting your time. I'll take an educated guess that Brinzy guy voted for this thread a one up so other Smash-4 or people that enjoy some dysfunctional drama conversations can view it. I already noticed a huge difference ever since this somewhat troll has entered the thread.

My apologies to anyone that doesn't want to view these turn of events though I'm 35% sure. I'll add all of you this week or next week. Thanks.
I did nothing of the sort... and I am pretty sure they're referring to

because that bumped the thread.

I'm not even trolling. I stated my opinion just like you. Tripping is garbage and any game without tripping is automatically better to me. That's it.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I did nothing of the sort... and I am pretty sure they're referring to

because that bumped the thread.

I'm not even trolling. I stated my opinion just like you. Tripping is garbage and any game without tripping is automatically better to me. That's it.
That? Seriously, that voted the thread? That's quite stupid really. But alright then, why did you even join this thread anyway? Like once I mentioned Smash-4, you suddenly appeared, you a Smash-4 solider or something? Okay then, you have your opinion and I have mine, please jeep in mind that someone has disabled Tripping on Wi-Fi so yes. Thanks.

Edit: Once more to anyone that is looking to Brawl, I'll add you all this week or next week. Thanks.

Last edited:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I still play Brawl when I get the chance, and so do a few other players from my region.

Also, I hear GA/AL has tournaments like every month for Brawl

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Ah yes, Canada the new America, which is wonderful to view and I'm pretty sure Bill still plays Brawl as well it seems. Well, this week I should be able to Brawl, finals month is about to become disinterested so I'll be Brawling finally. I needed to end my nauseous stomach from the continuation of queasiness. No Brawl matches either which is a tragic event to speculate as.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I would totally get into Brawl if they had tournaments in my area. Oddly enough my only good character in the game is Zelda so I might have a hard time, but I think it would be a lot of fun!

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hmm, Zelda honestly isn't that "bad" especially in Teams. As long as Zelda's down smash isn't staled then she will be fine towards killing power her Thunder Kick is another but I feel Zeldas should try to surprise players with Thunder Kicks rather than bombard them. I remember Brawling this Zelda that was smooth as Butter man, his Zelda was exultantly the same as JuJux but smoother towards execution. Anyways what separated him was his Zelda would mostly Dtilt and side attack not Forward Smash but Side attack. I remember when I would be stuck in the air and come down, he wouldn't use Up Smash (Smash Directional Influence) instead he would read my Air dodge at times and Up Tilt which by the way is stronger than her Up Smash. His signature with his Zelda was Down Tilt to Side Tilt, to Jab reset, to Grab/Special/Neutral Air or even another Down Tilt. His name was Blue Flame if you know who he is, he's the best Zelda and Calculative player towards Zelda I've ever seen. Sadly he moved to Smash-4.

To summarize and the moral of this story is, Zelda isn't terrible, right she has a bad recovery, but there are ways to work around those troublesome entities. Good luck man I hope you return back to Brawl. Thanks.

Last edited:

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
I have plans to get back to Brawl when I upgrade to a decent enough computer for Dolphin Netplay. For now I'll have to settle with smash4.

I do recognize, though, that Brawl isn't the better game, at least competitively speaking. But I feel so "at home" when playing it. I like the art, the design, the sound effects, the characters. Brawl had the absolute best one-player modes and no Smash game will ever beat it in those terms.

This is nothing but my opinion, though.

Emerlad_Element

Smash Cadet
NNID
EmeraldElementLP
3DS FC
2767-1123-2046
I still play Brawl (offline and casually) And after watching Super Smash Con's Brawl finals, that just made me want to play it even more. I would not mind at all jumping into competitive Brawl, but there's not much to jump into. I tried to convince my community to host Brawl tournaments but they seem 50/50 on the idea.

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
I play SSBB every day man, but I have not played internet matches for it unfortunately, I wish I could fight you guys lol
I just play with several friends of mine. How long have you guys played?

Perfect Garret

Smash Rookie
I play brawl because, my friends don't like the feel of melee. When not with friends I play mostly melee.

Top Bottom