• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who plays like K Rool?

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
I have only one elite character (K Rool) and am much worse with the other characters. I have not spent much time focusing on any other character.
Given I like K rool a lot and want to learn a second character, who would you recommend?

Scase

Smash Rookie
:ultkingdedede: Is a decent choice, similar nair, big fat boy, crazy good recovery etc.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I would agree with King Dedede being similar to King K. Rool.

They’re both kings; big heavy kings too with similar neutral aerials and good recoveries as well as memorable personalities.

I feel like any superheavy that baits the opponent feels similar to K. Rool in that regard, while at the same time, not the same exact character. K. Rool is just so unique because he’s a superheavy with projectiles plus the belly armor.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
king dedede doesnt play like krool at all from a technical level

Krool cant go nearly as deep off stage and does not nearly have as much of a trapping ability as king dedede, but unlike dedede, Krool has a decent neutral game with both projectiles

from an archytypal standpoint the character that plays the most similar to krool in my opinion is Bowser Jr.
they both have actual shield pressure, junior has similar trapping ability with about as much risk as krool. He also has a pretty underrated combo game and kill confirms.

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
Good answers

I’ll ask it a different way... if King K is your main, what character do you enjoy second most?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
King K Rool, Banjo, and Little Mac are my three mains, none are similar to one another

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Good answers

I’ll ask it a different way... if King K is your main, what character do you enjoy second most?
In Ultimate, I solo main King K. Rool, and he is my most played character by far. However, I mained Charizard in Project M and Smash 4, and he feels the closest in playstyle to King K. Rool from my experience. Both King K. Rool and Charizard have good forward airs to kill with, their up specials go straight up and have a hitbox, all of their throws are useful, Rock Smash is essentially a counter like Gut Check, their airspeeds are both slow, they can create space with blunderbuss, krown, and Flamethrower, and more. Altogether, they do play differently. I think King K. Rool is better at neutral, combos, and applying pressure, while Charizard has some nasty read options and good range. But a few Charizard stuff I did in Smash 4 carried into my Ultimate King K. Rool play.

Top Bottom