• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
waveshining combos works mainly on fox... only about 3 times until he breaks free
personally i'd do two then dair shine

but the normal dair shine combos are more effective (both looks cool though)

just mix it up... nobody expects it

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
problem vs a marth enter into his chain grab and endded with a foward smash , the way I think is to stop is chain grab or the foward smash of him , what I do to prevent this !?

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
First of all.. I'd like to say that DaShiz is awesome.. Further more.. I don't know if someone already asked this.. How on Earth do you triple shine?? I'm about to go search for it but I'm lazy, so I thought I would ask.. I can double shine and use x or y to short hop and dair.. But I can't triple shine at all..

And isn't Fountain of Dreams a good stage for Falco..? He can use the left platform when it's low to do crazy spikes from on it and below it.. I saw it in some combo vids...

Repryx

Smash Champion
you are pressing Jump in between the Shines and Canceling the jumps w/ the shine....so its Shine>jump>Shine

Only the timing has to be close to frame perfect....

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
I know.. But I thought it could be possible to press x or y after you shine twice or something... It's pretty hard to use the control stick and triple shine.. I can tap x or y and b and do triple and quad shines.. But that's not really useful in actual gameplay.. thanks

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
i get the idea how to platform land to get that extra burst of speed for spacing and stuff, its all muscle memory and practice... but how do i quickly drop from the platform liek after a lazer or some SHFFL'd aerial?

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Best advice I can give you for the laser is wavedash off. You can drop through the platform too. I just tested it in training mode. Just be careful about holding down too long when you're lasering (if you fast fell the attack), because it will make Falco crouch, which would be lag. Not sure if it's very effective, but I'm pretty sure it works. Wavedashing off is faster though, just FYI.

Same thing goes for shffls too. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
I've recently glanced over falco players using d-air -> downsmash as much as fox doing d-air -> upsmash. This is usually because the opponent was too far from the d-air -> shine. However, what I see is that a miss would be punishable. Is the downsmash really that great of a followup? Wouldn't d-tilt be a better choice?

erwasd

Smash Rookie
Does the direction you are moving when you hit someone affect the knockback they receive?

Why I'm asking is when I shine someone and want to follow with a dair, does it affect how fast they shoot down if I spike them while still moving up, or if I spike them while fast falling. I understand that ideally you want to hit them while coming down so that you can follow up faster.

Thanks

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
Does the direction you are moving when you hit someone affect the knockback they receive?

Why I'm asking is when I shine someone and want to follow with a dair, does it affect how fast they shoot down if I spike them while still moving up, or if I spike them while fast falling. I understand that ideally you want to hit them while coming down so that you can follow up faster.

Thanks
if you're approaching from one direction, then no. the direction usually matters whether u hit them from the left or right (you might hit them backwards or forwarrds), not up or down (its not that noticeable)

however, rising dairs are harder to follow up for a combo if you dont fastfall correctly.

hey guys am i missing anything?

mlgxhafllife

Smash Rookie
yo dashizwiz you say ur easiest characters to play are sheik marth and fox right. I agree but when I play my friend I can't deal with sheik. All he does is dash or dgrab me. Then starts combos from there. Can you just give me a brief way on how to play against sheik. I don't what to do. I SHL but if I do miss hes faster, I can't really pillar him, I think I just need to tech SH ariels but there has to be an easier way...

JettythatSamus

Smash Apprentice
can some people please give me some strategies and tips for practicing waveshining with falco? I know it can't be done against an opponent like fox's, but what I mainly want to use it for is to pillar an opponent and if he happens to shield my shine, i wavedash past him and shine again.

but im really effed up on the timing and I cant seem to get the timing right to wavedashing out of falco's shine its really hard for me. any help would be greatly appreciated.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
the only thing you really can do is practice. Falco's waveshine is really frikin slow.

edit:
yo dashizwiz you say ur easiest characters to play are sheik marth and fox right. I agree but when I play my friend I can't deal with sheik. All he does is dash or dgrab me. Then starts combos from there. Can you just give me a brief way on how to play against sheik. I don't what to do. I SHL but if I do miss hes faster, I can't really pillar him, I think I just need to tech SH ariels but there has to be an easier way...
hit him w/ a dair, and let the combos start from there.
If he dash attacks you, CC it and wreck him w/ whatever you feel like.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Waveshining with falco should be generally easy to time and do, it can be done just like fox's but is generally a little slower. Try JC shining first and then do the wavedashes out to replace the jump timing.

Make sure you can actually wavedash first as well, I generally practiced it by throwing lv3 computers down and waveshining them back up to get them in the air.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Also, when you waveshine, the timing is slower than when you wavedash. Just a tidbit that may help. I'm not even sure who I'm telling this to. Guess to whoever Crackle is talking to.

Does anyone know any good combos to go into after you throw? Cuz most of his throws don't combo well.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Waveshining with falco should be generally easy to time and do, it can be done just like fox's but is generally a little slower. Try JC shining first and then do the wavedashes out to replace the jump timing.

Make sure you can actually wavedash first as well, I generally practiced it by throwing lv3 computers down and waveshining them back up to get them in the air.
Also, when you waveshine, the timing is slower than when you wavedash. Just a tidbit that may help. I'm not even sure who I'm telling this to. Guess to whoever Crackle is talking to.

Does anyone know any good combos to go into after you throw? Cuz most of his throws don't combo well.

Thank you

10char

Serpentine

Smash Rookie
Hey I was just wondering, how do you do that edgeguard thing where youre hanging off the ledge, then charge up Firebird and then instantly grab it? Does it give invincibility while youre charging?
Also, is there a way to jump straight up off a ledge, instead of Falco jumping up and into the stage.

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
Hey I was just wondering, how do you do that edgeguard thing where youre hanging off the ledge, then charge up Firebird and then instantly grab it? Does it give invincibility while youre charging?
Also, is there a way to jump straight up off a ledge, instead of Falco jumping up and into the stage.

I believe you just hit back on the control or down and then up b and aim for the edge of the stage and i think you have to be able to do it pretty quick to stay invincible the whole time you can also do it with your phantasm i believe but its a little more risky. Instead of just ledge hopping onto the stage you can do a doraki wall jump which is dropping down and then doing a wall up and use your shine and then catch the edge again probably alot more thjump of the side of FD. You can also just pop at can be added to that but i have a question of my own. i was just wondering if any one else switchs there dair to shine to a uair to shine. If you dont sweet spot it at low percents it just barley pops them off the ground is there any reason i shouldnt be using it. One last thing as well after the dair would it be beneficial to do two shines instead of one if someone could do it consistantly..

Serpentine

Smash Rookie
That would be good...but would it be harder to aim since the second hit sends them further than the first?
Thanks for the reply btw. Ive got one more question. When I play against Marth and I knock him into the air, I can never hit him with any of my aerials if he comes out of hitlag because of his sword. Is there a way around this, like using a higher priority attack or should I just focus on ground fights? Oh, and one more xD. Which of Falco's aerials has the highest priority?

4 Aces

Smash Ace
@ Kennypoopoo: Yeah, I do the same thing too. Well, at least I practice it and make an attempt to do it in battle. It's a good substitute to dair (and nair) when your opponent has a high percentage and you want to do shine combos. You can shine-combo even if the second hit misses. If the second hit connects, then they will be launched into the air if they have really high damage, otherwise they shouldn't go very far off the ground.

@ Serpentine: At low percents, it might be possible to attack a Marth before he recovers from the stun of the hit (I'm not positive though). Marth is floaty, so he'll get sent further away, therefore he has more time to recover from the hitlag. Once that happens, then he's virtually untouchable, with that long sword. The sword is a disjointed hitbox, so there is no outprioritizing it, unless you use a move that has a disjointed hitbox with equal or greater priority AND equal or greater length. In otherwords, another Marth (Roy MIGHT work, but I doubt that). At this point, it all comes down to whoever hits first. (If both people hit each other at the same time, then both will get hit).

Instead of attacking head-on, I suggest maybe like fulljump triple lasers (fulljump away and reverse the lasers, if you think you're in Marth's range). That way you can still do damage, and he can't get away from that. You can even combo him more if he's still stuck in the hitlag of the lasers. He can get away from the lasers if he airdodges, counters, use second jump, or upb. All of those would just make him more vulnerable though.

Or you can wait or fake the Marth out into doing an aerial, then go in for the kill. In other words, mindgames. Marth is somewhat vulnerable when he's in the air - mainly right after he misses an aerial. As for Falco's highest priority move, definitely not fair and uair. I'd say it's either dair, nair, or bair. The order should be: (greatest to least) bair, dair, nair. I'm not 100% sure though. Bair and dair are so close, I can't really tell. I'm fairly certain about the nair though. Hehe, sorry for the essay response.

Does anyone know where the sweetspot of the uair is? If there is one? Also, what are good moves to go into after a throw? Cuz most of the time people recover from the hitlag and counter attack. (I think it's because of the laser's hitstun).

Vegard

Smash Lord
I've recently tried to pick up Falco again, and I wonder how you do the double laser trick Forward used on Isai from FC Diamonds? I tried to double jump and stuff, but couldn't aim the laser like he did. So how do you do it?

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
I've recently tried to pick up Falco again, and I wonder how you do the double laser trick Forward used on Isai from FC Diamonds? I tried to double jump and stuff, but couldn't aim the laser like he did. So how do you do it?
Do you mean jumping from the edge and doing a double laser ?? you have to jump off the edge and time your two lasers the first should be pretty much after you just leave the edge according to shiz and others they use the thumbstick to jump off the edge and fast fall I havent got the fast falling part down yet and if thats not what your talking about then i have no clue of what your talking about and im interested

ipitydatfu

Smash Master

if youre referring to those high-low lasers that forward does, you need to do an instant double jump

jump, and IMMEDIATELY jump again,

then right before you reach the top of your jump, press mash your B, and dont forget to fastfall too.

and if you really want to be like forward. do that and follow with a SHL. and repeat that whole process again

Vegard

Smash Lord
if youre referring to those high-low lasers that forward does, you need to do an instant double jump

jump, and IMMEDIATELY jump again,

then right before you reach the top of your jump, press mash your B, and dont forget to fastfall too.

and if you really want to be like forward. do that and follow with a SHL. and repeat that whole process again
Ok thanks =) Exactly the info I needed.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Against Samus, keep your combos simple if possible (ie 2-3 hit combos), since you don't really want to risk her wiggling out of tumble and using nair/uair/fair/bair etc. Don't even pillar Samus' shield, just keep laser pressure up, and tech chase with laser to grabs, and go from there.

Deus_Vult

Smash Rookie
Is jump canceling a shine done with the control stick or x/y? When I try to shine/d-air combo falco doesn't stay on the guy I'm trying to spike back onto the ground.

Also is there any special way to b-air immediately after a shine? Or am I too slow with the control stick?

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
ok. most people would use x/y to do that jump canceling shines. second. people try to DI out of your combo, you should follow their DI like wavedashing out of your shine to reposition under them.

no. you're either:
too slow (no offense);
or slowly rotating your control stick while trying to jump, which would mess up ur jump canceling. from experience, use the c-stick imediately after you jump..and experiment.

Top Bottom