• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs a garrote anyway? ::: Ganon's Hint Book of Flame Choking

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

PAIN

AGONY

CEREBRAL DAMAGE

MENTAL BREAKDOWNS

...If you master the Flame Choke,
you can bring forth all of this.

The thread where everything Flame Choke-related is discussed.

-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-

FRAME ADVANTAGE
(Data & info taken from Big O & K Prime)​

Grounded Flame Choke Frame Advantage

8 Ganondorf

9 Bowser
9 DK
9 Falco
9 Link
9 Lucario
9 Marth
9 Samus
9 Snake
9 Wolf

10 DDD
10 Falcon
10 Fox
10 Ike
10 Mario
10 Peach
10 Pit
10 Sheik
10 Sonic
10 Zelda

11 Charizard
11 Diddy
11 Luigi
11 Pikachu
11 Toon Link

12 G&W
12 Ice Climbers
12 Ivysaur
12 Jigglypuff
12 Kirby
12 Lucas
12 Metaknight
12 Ness
12 ROB
12 Squirtle
12 Wario
12 Yoshi
12 ZSS

16 Olimar

Aerial Flame Choke Advantage

Ganon has 40 frames of lag with frame 1 being the first frame of slamming them on the floor. It seems that everyone is the same except Olimar. They take 30 frames to bounce on the floor while Olimar takes 34 frames to bounce on the floor. This is also probably why Olimar has 4 more frames of lag than the 12 frame group on the grounded choke. No one can hit you before you can block except IC's.

-6 Olimar

-10 Everyone else.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
We know everything there is to know about Ganon, and we've done everything there is to do.
At this point, the only thing we can really get better at, is Flame Choking.
And there's tons of other stuff than just garantueed Follow-ups.

I made this thread 'cause the move deserves its very own thread.
It's just that important to us.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
How many extra frames do we get if we choke someone on an incline on say, Lylat during a full tilt?

Pardon my amazing artistic skill.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I recon, if the tilt is too intence, some characters might bounce out of range for a follow-up to be possible.
Except iDA.

If someone could look at it frame by frame, he'd be able to give us a rounded off Frame Advantage, I guess.

I do know though, that we can Dsmash ROB in intense slopes.
And I've been able to BDC SH Stomp Olimar a couple times as well.

No, it's a great pic, Noobi. :)

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Easily my favorite move when I play Ganondorf. Shorthopping and Flame choking immediately (a la Falco phantasm) is probably my favorite way to use the move.

Shoutouts to SideB -> Jab

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Isnt it possible for the victim to slide a bit forward and be vulnerable to our jab with the tip? (The tip have jab-lock effect)

Flamechoke ----> Jablock -----> Fsmash?
The tip doesn't have Jab Lock Capabilities.
Ganon's Shoulder is the only part of his Jab that has that.

However, it does work to Jablock some ppl with the shoulder once with a buffered Jab in uphill slopes, but only at like 0%.
Like: Gerudo -> Jab -> Gerudo -> Dtilt
Or: Gerudo -> Jab -> Salmon Smash

Pretty sweet, but also pretty situational.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
Flameschoke them if they are standing on the edge on the right side of frigates first part. ^^

Xubble

Smash Ace
Psh. I pursue MY prey as they recover. Give them a feeling of hope, then grab their throat and take 'em down to hell with me so I can dine on their woes and despair.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Yeah. People think Mario has strong legs? Look at Ganon's. They're like electrified tree trunks. Covered in steel. And death.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Marth, Lucario and Falco are all pretty hard to Chain Choke since they don't have to worry about getting nailed by a garantueed follow-up.
They don't have to take DI into account as much as other characters.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Anybody have a fancy sort of "setup" to get to some choking?

Pulled this off today: ledge canceled Wizkick > turnaround Flame Choke. They dodged the Wizkick and went to intercept me "offstage." His neck is STILL stained purple. :ganondorf:

Xubble

Smash Ace
I wonder if you could Ganoncide someone if they were close enough to the ledge if you do ledge cancel Wizkick > turnaround Gerudo.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Well, I like to start out buying Bowser a drink. You know, to build up a connection. Then I start up a conversation about how evil minions are incredibly unreliable and three hundred of them can't defeat one individual. Now we have something in common. After a few drinks, Bowser starts to get a little bitey towards the bartender, so I lead him out of the bar and into a back alley. When he least expects it, I start to thunderstorm his giant shell till he feels like his shield is broken. That's when I pull it out. I raise my hand and summon the dark power that drives me into my palm. And I lunge at his very throat. He drops to the ground, and he tries to roll away. I lunge at him again. He tries to take a swing at me as he gets up. I take a step back. And lunge at him again.

After several more lunges, I drop him to the ground and give him a taste of my downtilt. He flies out of the atmosphere, writhing in agony and despair. I do a 360 and laugh at the heavens. He's their problem now.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I was playing against my friend's jigglypuff.
I gerudo'ed him, he got up attacking.
I double jumped and scored a wizard kick, it worked so good.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Well, I like to start out buying Bowser a drink. You know, to build up a connection. Then I start up a conversation about how evil minions are incredibly unreliable and three hundred of them can't defeat one individual. Now we have something in common. After a few drinks, Bowser starts to get a little bitey towards the bartender, so I lead him out of the bar and into a back alley. When he least expects it, I start to thunderstorm his giant shell till he feels like his shield is broken. That's when I pull it out. I raise my hand and summon the dark power that drives me into my palm. And I lunge at his very throat. He drops to the ground, and he tries to roll away. I lunge at him again. He tries to take a swing at me as he gets up. I take a step back. And lunge at him again.

After several more lunges, I drop him to the ground and give him a taste of my downtilt. He flies out of the atmosphere, writhing in agony and despair. I do a 360 and laugh at the heavens. He's their problem now.
Bowser's favorite drink is Gatorade.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Srsly.. After Gerudoing Bowser, wait a split second then SH Stomp straight up
- It hits him if he:
  • Just lies there
  • Raises up
  • GUA
  • Rolls in
9% + 23% = 32% damage from a single Gerudo happens a lot vs Bowser.

He can avoid it by rolling out or delaying his actions, though.
But if you nail him with a jab once in a while, he won't be so likely to delay his actions. :demon:

Bowser's favorite drink is Gatorade.
And Ganon's is:

Xubble

Smash Ace
I don't know if it's been tested before, but is it possible to follow up a Gerudo with a reversed SH uair, a la Tipman followup?

Top Bottom