• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is Your New Main?

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Title says it all. I'm debating against Ice Climbers, Pichu, or maybe Pokemon Trainer.

It's hard. xD

Nakamura

Smash Cadet
debating between Luigi,Snake,or Pikachu, im largely leaning Luigi right now

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Zelda and Ganondorf will more than likely remain my most played but man, everyone looks fun.

SO MANY CHARACTERS! :joyful:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
*points to the avatar*

*puts on sunglasses*

*feels vindicated*

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
*points to the avatar*

*puts on sunglasses*

*feels vindicated*
:3
The thing I like about this new roster is that there has to be a character you want to play. It's not, "Woe is me! I can't find a main!!!!" There's so many options.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mained Mega Man in Smash 4. And I'm still gonna main him in this upcoming one.

That said Ridley might be a secondary character for me.

And there's still Ganon, Samus, ZSS, Ike, Mac, Ryu, Mario and a few others I like to use in more casual matches.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh, it's still Link, even if I have to switch hands for him.

And Zelda
But the Trainer, Mewtwo, and soon Riddles will be right behind.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Staying with my boi, Marth of course. Though, I'm so relieved Lucina is still in. I still have my secondary/counter pick.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
He's finally back! Young Link, here I come! I saw in the video that Pac-Man's trampoline and the hydrant water can be attacked. I think this will be fun to explore so I may end up back with the Pac, but if not I am sure I'll be testing the water with two of my revived mains, Young Link and Pokemon Trainer.

Edit: Also, why must Link get so many big changes? He hasn't remained the same in any consecutive games. First we add the side b, then the boomerang gets a wind box, then it's removed, and now the bomb is getting overhauled? Come on now. Either this crap needs to stop or he needs to be made upper tier for once lol

Last edited:

MarineIris

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Trainer, Yoshi, and Wii Fit Trainer. With some Pichu and Corrin on the side.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Definitely Link, Ike, Rosalina & Luma and Cloud. And it feels good to see my Brawl mains Snake and Wolf again so I’m definitely picking those two.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Don't know how i'm going to be able to stick to just one, but Wolf being back is getting me so hyped i'll probably start with him.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Main(s): Ness, Falcon, Jigglypuff
Secondaries: Luigi, Mario, Ganondorf, Young Link, Lucas, ZSS, Marth

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm either gonna stick with Bayonetta, or switch to Inkling.

adriantte

Smash Rookie
Probaby Pikachu, but I haven't decided yet. I've played so many hours of Splatoon 2 that I'd feel wrong not to try the Inklings.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
tbh theres way too many too many characters that I'm hype for to decide (wolf, ridley among others). unless a character is revealed I'm extremely biased towards (like prof Layton) ill probably just leave it to release and see which ones the most fun to play and decide then

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I always switch mains with every game, so right now I'm legit thinking Pichu just for the lols. Although Ridley looks so flipping awesome I'll have to try him out

D

Deleted member 396530

the Main Is Ness and Ice climbers Because :popo: is Back i will Choose This

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
My #1 main won’t be changing, but I will be secondary maining Ridley and many other characters!

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Lucina and Ryu are staying for sure. Not sure who else I might pick up at the moment. Was thinking of Young Link for now.

Morbi

Scavenger
Daisy or Young Link, probably. I mained Link back in 64 and Melee, and now he is the Hero of Time again, I see no reason not to go back to the old ways. As for Peach, she helped me out in Smash 4; however, Daisy is way better. I might one-trick Snake though, I said I would if he came back... I also said I would play through his entire series. Like, fam, I do not want to be a liar, but damn, never thought I would get all 3 of my dream characters in one fell swoop. Next up, Scorpion or Doom Guy? Lmfao.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Can’t wait to try out Daisy and Ridley, but also looking to pick back up Lucina, Snake and Pokemon Trainer.

EDIT: Forgot about Young Link too :)

Kinda curious how these “echo characters” are going to be shown on the character select screen. Like the alternate costumes they were originally meant to be? How’s that going to affect their statistics? That was a big deal to Sakurai last time around.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
If I ever get a Switch i’d probably stick with Peach, or maybe transfer to Jigglypuff if she gets much needed buffs.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
I don't know, i have to play the game, and whichever character i feel suits my playstyle will be it.

CANDIDATES:
Pikachu: my sm4sh main, if mechanics are similar ill definitely stick to him + love pika libre
Bayo: love her games, loved her playstyle in sm4sh
Falco: SHDL on brawl was the reason i enjoyed brawl a ton, if somehting like this exists I will very likely pick him up
Mario/Sonic/Link/Rex: LOVE these guy's games... if rex even makes the cut
Ryu: If i had the time, I know that investing time in this character is hyper rewarding
GANONDORF: No longer an old clumsy rigid man... the old agile powerhouse seems to be back
Snake/Wolf: played them a ton in brawl and loved them

The best part of this... is that I really dont know which will truely be my main, i have to play the game... maybe I´ll like pichu... maybe i´ll like peach... maybe i´ll like a newcomer.... HYPEEEE

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
My true main will remain Mr. Game & Watch, but my secondaries are a bit in question. I am definitely going to heavily use ZSS and R.O.B. as well, but I don't know who else I will use. I am debating between Mewtwo, Snake, and Ridley.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
No matter who gets in, I'll always stay loyal to my OG main, Mewtwo. The only scenario in which this changes is if Geno gets in Smash and he meshes with my playstyle perfectly, which he probably would. That said, however, I'll definitely be trying out all the guys who weren't in Smash 4 - Pokemon Trainer and Inkling in particular I think could become new secondaries of mine.

Last edited:

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
I'll probably stick to Olimar, but I do want to learn the ins and outs of a new character. Right now Pokemon Trainer (Ivysaur in particular), Ice Climbers, and Ridley have all caught my attention. Part of me kinda misses my old 64/Melee main, though. Maybe I'll pick up Kirby again...

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Young link. I loved him in melee.

I know he's not that different from toon link. It's more the sentimental reasons that compel me.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Ridley. Definitely maining him no matter what. Will probably also still play ganondorf and mewtwo. Ivysaur i might get back to as i always found the quadraped's moveset interesting and hopefully they've been made to be atleast half as fun as their project m counterpart

Top Bottom