• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is Your New Main?

Saltloaf

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one interested in Inkling? The mechanic could be quite fun but the character seems to move well too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Inklings is going to be an amazing character. Fast. But you have to get used to recharging your ink.
Gonna be my main unless something funner and fast comes up,.. and who knows how everything'll be, it's pretty early to decide these things lol.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
With the way Marth played in Smash 4, I'll probably stick with him in Ultimate. (I'm loving the look of his new dancing blade.)
Ike looks like he's been buffed, so I'll also probably be using him along with Marth.
The changes to Link and Ganondorf's move sets also look pretty sweet.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
nothin really changed for my mains so aint **** gonna change for me

not really interested in the newcomers, but hey, smash on switch finally

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Ridley, Wolf, King Dedede or Ganon.
Possibly if he is added: Bandana Dee

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I'm most likely going back to Kirby considering hes had a few changes. Also I'm really hoping Zelda and Palutena get some changes, if so I will be looking forward to playing them.

Oh and if Bandana Dee makes the cut then yea I'm sold.

Last edited:

neochiaki

Smash Rookie
Inkling. I've been waiting for them since Smash 4, so I'll probably main them. :ultinkling:

Peachach

Smash Cadet
I will still main Peach and am curious about Daisy's feel. I plan on picking at least a 2nd and 3rd this time around (never really did that), and have no clue. I'll be checking out the newest additions first. No way to tell until I play them.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I have decided that I am going to look into maining Zelda most likely after watching videos of her she seems a lot of fun!

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm most likely picking up wolf again, it depends on whether or not Pac Man feels better than he does in 4 as to if I'm using him again. Beyond that I'm just waiting to see the other newcomers before I commit.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
As an Ike player throughout Smash 4 I want to try the new buffed Ike, but I also want to see if Sonic is finally more my playstyle instead of the campy annoyance he was in Brawl & 4.

Third time is the charm right?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sticking with my :ultmario::ultpit:combo for my mains, while the combination of :ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultdarkpit::ultsonic::ulttoonlink:as my subs, and :ultinkling::ultlink::ultwolf:as fun characters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I changed my signature to reflect a bit more my mains.. :D
oh, I already posted on this page.. well anyway.

I'm curious what makes people decide to main the characters they want to.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
He's not new but considering he was criminally cut from Smash 4 and with all the changes he seems to be getting, :ultwolf: is basically my "new" main.
Even though he'll be a secondary, :ultganondorf: would be the closest to a "true new" main as I've only used him for fun in Melee..

I'm curious what makes people decide to main the characters they want to.
On a general level most people decide based on one or more of these factors:

1) Competitive viability

2) They like how the character plays/fun factor (may not care about the character themselves)

3) They like/love the character for whatever reasons they have.

There may be other reasons but those 3 cover a lot.

As for me, how a character plays/fun factor is the single most important followed closely by how much I like the character.

I love:4mario:&:4drmario: as characters (Mario being my number 1) but they both lost to :4zss: (who I some-what like but not truly like) for my Smash 4 main due to her being the only character I liked using in Smash 4.
Design for me personally (as petty as it might sound) can be a (huge) factor too (:ultganondorf: is a good factor, :ultzelda: is a bad factor) but it's not always a deal breaker if I like the character (from playstyle or the character themselves or both) enough. (I prefer:4zss:'s design over:ultzss: but I'm still going to try out :ultzss: cause I liked using her in Smash 4 and I like her as a character)

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Ridley. Waited over 10 years for him, it’d be injustice if I didn’t main him, no matter how good he is.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Robin is my go to, but Zelda looks amazing this time too. And finally Pichu is back <3 As of right now though, I'll probably stick with those 3.
And maybe check out Daisy, Lucina, and Ike.

So many characters.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
It'll be Ness he's never failed me, unless Ashley makes it this time, then dual mains.

Horologium

Smash Rookie
NNID
DragonflyGamer
I'll always main G&W, but I'll have to try out the Melee/Brawl returning fighters and the last wave of DLC from SSB4. Here's to hoping G&W gets buffed.
like that will happen

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I feel bad for the people that need to main someone new each game.

My main's been fine, I'm not changing it any time soon.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879

Teeb147

Smash Legend
don't feel bad for them, they probably enjoy newness :)
or haven't found someone that 'clicks' before.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well we'll see once we actually get the game but my projected usuals with some extras thrown in...pretty sure these will be my most used.
:ultlink::ultzss::ultcloud::ultsamus::ultzelda::ultridley:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Never going to change Ike, already is and will always be my main. I'm also very excited for Young Link, going to play him a lot too.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
SSB4 mains and secondaries will remain which were....

1. Bowser
2. Wario
3. Link
4. Wii Fit Trainer
5. Mega Man/Fox

New mains and secondaries will hopefully be...
1. Ridley
2. Ganondorf
3. Wolf
4. Snake
5. Daisy because my bro mains Peach and Rosalina and I wanna counter him with Daisy haha (As long as Peaches FS has changed)

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
I still plan to stick with Wario and Marth, but since I never owned Brawl I am extremely interested in trying out Snake and Wolf finally

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Well my signature can give you a good idea of who I'm looking at. I've never been the kind of cat that only mains one character, I've usually got like 7 but generally with a top two

So I guess here those are

:ultpokemontrainer::ultness:

:ultbowserjr::ultgreninja::ultrobin:ultroy::ultcorrin:

Sayabi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-8537-6804
Still Mewtwo, but I'm probably play more Leaf. I've been missing playing Squirtle ;-;

I really want to try Ridley and Inkling though, particularly the latter. I'm really curious to see how strong they are, and they look super fun to play!

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
RIDLEY.

I also try out my past mains to see if any of them are still good: Jiggs (melee), Corrin, Meta Knight, Marth, Toon Link, G&W (Brawl), Wario (Brawl), Snake (Brawl).

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Sometimes a change is just nice.

I doubt people are going to stop playing their characters, it's just an opportunity to get good with another one and add it to the rotation.

I will forever be a :ultrob: main but I'm still stoked to get some :ultridley: time.

Top Bottom