• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your Main and why do you main them?

What is your Playstyle?

• Hyper Agressive

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Agressive

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Aggression : Defensive

Votes: 127 54.7%
  • Defensive

Votes: 29 12.5%
  • Turtle Defensive

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Bait n Wait

Votes: 20 8.6%

• Total voters

MrSaek

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrSaek
My main is Pikachu, I main Pikachu cause this little thunderball fits the role of Hyper Aggressive but also can recover easily.

The overall speed i can process with this Character is perfect on how aggressive i like to be, If i want to go in and dish out a thunder load of damage and get out unshaven then immediately go back in AGAIN after a second or two. I can do that with Pikachu, All thanks to Quick-Attack. 10/10 best up special.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I main Marth and Ryu in this game. I use Marth because back in Brawl I just kinda used him one day and decided to stick with him (this was before I knew there was a competitive smash scene and before I knew about tippers) and I use him in every game that he is in to some extent, even if he isn't my main in those other games. I use Ryu because a couple years ago I was really into 3rd Strike(though I completely suck at that game) and Ryu was one of the characters I liked to use in that game, so when I saw he was in this game I was like "Oh cool he plays like he does in Street Fighter!"

My Marth play style is constantly switching between offensive and defensive depending on what is going on in the match and my Ryu play style is offense, but with a little bit of baiting every now and then to try to get my opponent to open themselves up for a focus attack, true shoryu, or for a combo starter.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I bait them, usually waiting for an opening to strike them down with great vengeance and furious anger.

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
Main is Lucina. Main her because I was a casual and wondered why I couldn't kill with Marth and tried out Lucina. Still seriously main Lucina but I can play Marth decently, at least on a for glory level RIP me. As for how I play, with Lucina I switch between defensive and offensive depending on situation. While in neutral, hell yeah I play defensive but if I land a jab1 or a nair1 I always follow up and start getting in your face.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
Meta knight. because he's meta knight. Up air up air up air up air up air up b.
You're F*^&*#*#&D

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Marth since I am incredibly skilled and familiar with his moveset..

I have essentially mastered him and I am incredibly dangerous when on the attack..

Usually my matches go either the waiting game..Opponent is too unskilled to handle my approach or I get beat around while figuring my opponent before landing a jab that usually allows me to follow into Tipper Fair and other great moves

Although I am decent in the air..My edgeguarding game is very dangerous and I can turn around matches with a gimp or FAIR combo easily

Even though people tell me I am more dangerous with ZSS..I know I mastered Marth better than her so he is my main

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
I have many mains, but my, erm, main mains are toon link and dark pit. Toon link, because
i enjoy staying away from my opponents until i find an opening, and dark pit because something
about his playstyle just clicks with me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My main is Cloud.
I honestly don't care about tiers or if Cloud is easy to use; I like the character and FF7. His play style in Smash fits like a glove for me and he's so fun to play as, so much so that I played as him for an hour or two when he first came out. While he does have an issue getting the KO at times, I've gotten used to it since I've played as Luigi for many years.
Speaking of which, I main Luigi as well for similar reasons, but I'm finding myself playing as Cloud more.

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
My main boy is Link. :4link: Used him in all Smash's except Melee where I enjoyed Young Link. I never picked him to be competitive but now I'm sticking with him since I still find him super fun! I can't play super campy though; I tend to be a bit more aggressive which is probably a bad idea for Link
Also Bowser too.:4bowser: Another character I picked up just because he was fun and decided to take more seriously.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
:4myfriends:
Ike. He's fun to play, with a mix of playing defensively in the neutral to going aggro off a grab or hit. I've been maining him since I played Brawl all those years ago, and something about him just clicks with me.
When I feel like going aggressively I play Pika, but I can't say I'm good enough with it to main them, and I still play Ike a lot more often.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac for me. :4littlemac:

It mostly stems from Punch-Out!! being one of my favorite franchises, and Little Mac being my favorite video game character. Also, to quote Gravity Falls...

"Never underestimate that I have punches."

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
The Puff obviously, I used to watch the Pokemon animated series and I LOVED that Jigglypuff that would sing and get mad at everyone for falling asleep. I used her in every smash game except for Melee where I used Kirby (mmmh...), I was just a casual at that time.

XenoNathan

Smash Rookie
I main Lucina and Corrin. I main them because playing them just feels right and I get results with plus I find them fun to play as and because FE is HYYYYYPE.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Mario and Lucina.

I play Mario because he was the first and only character I played for a very long time. I'm glad he's High Tier in this game, since this way I can have an excuse to play him even though I don't like him that much.

I play Lucie because I actually bloody like her and I like playing as her, already more that can be said about Mario. aking a long story that I've told a billion times short, I started using Lucina to parody my best friend who used Marth, but then she slowly started growing on me and I started getting rather obsessed for her. Then I played Awakening and now I like ehr even more, even though I show my affection for her far less, nowadays.

I dunno how I describe my playstyle. I think I'm an opportunistic player, since I play mostly defensive until I see a small gap in my foe's defence, which is when I go for a fast punish which Mario is good at since his moves are quick, including his kill moves, which is why my friends complain about Mario and say that I am "Random Smash Killer".

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
My main is my man :4robinm:. He was definitely my favorite character in Awakening, which is a game I still play to this day. I never really had a playstyle to begin with, so I kinda adapted Robin's. I'm offensive and defensive when I need to be, and that's just about it.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
:rosalina: I freaking love Super Mario Galaxy and her as a character. Also destiny wanted her to be the character I enjoy the most playing (and being a top tier but well).
:4robinm: Never played Fire Emblem ever, but one day I will, but this guy is so badass. The first time I fought his CPU I swore I would pick up this character and yeah it was a good decision.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Haha. What an interesting topic. Let's see here for my dedicated two:

:4link:: Me and Link go way back in Melee when he was the King of Braves (VA) himself. Basically, I was all about the variety in his move-set. He had a bow and arrow, bombs, a boomerang, and a shield. This guy was the definition of cool in my mind, and I loved using him. Though I would do ANYTHING to get his jab combo back from Melee, I'm really feeling Link's A-game here in SSB4.

:4lucina:: Maybe it's her strong and driven personality, or that she reminds me of Future Trunks, but there's something that I really like in Lucina. I guess it's the idea that she's the tragic time travelling heroine who's her trying her best to be strong and courageous. But she's not all that either. If I recall, there were supports which makes her character cute as well. Bonus points for her design as well; as she's really designed and drawn well.

That's all I have to say about her. Which reminds me, I have to go draw her soon.

Playing style wise, I think I've adapted more to Lucina's move-set. I'm the player that relies on defensive tactics and tries to approach through spacing. Of course, I'm still working on a way to punish people who roll behind me 24/7 in 1v1. Marth's better for that job of course, and I use him occasionally for fun in his spacing and tipper game, but I don't care about him as much as I do for my girl Lucy. <3

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:rosalina: Smash's first puppet character. Love how well she can control space and limit options.

:4corrinf: The only sword character that feels natural to me. Love that her tilts and aerials start combos and are mostly safe moves, love the power and versatility of sideB and neutralB, love that she has kill throws.

For the sake of completeness, characters I used to main:
:4dedede: Humongous range, great edgeguarding with big beefy aerials and multiple jumps, lives forever for rage abuse. Old dthrow was love, but other heavies with better grab range eventually got better throw combos.
:4greninja: Very fluid movement, being a combo character that still has weight to individual hits made him feel satisfying to play.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
If I recall, there were supports which makes her character cute as well. Bonus points for her design as well; as she's really designed and drawn well.
Ah, yes. One I always remember is one where she and Kjelle (well, in my case, Kjelle is her sister) were trying to get rid of a big bug in the barracks. Lucina tries to act all tough and manly, but then they both start acting like little girls when it starts flying. Then Chrom comes, gets rids of it and scolds them.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
:4kirby: and :4olimar: as my Smash 4 mains because I been using them for the previous Smash Bros games.

Also used :4sheik: and :4metaknight: as my counter picked mains because of the same reason.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
:4wario2:because I'm a very bait and punish type of player who likes to hang just outside your range, bait you into commiting, and then punishing. I lean towards being defensive but I'm definitely not a campy wario. And I love having the ace up my sleave which is waft so that I'm never out of a match. I'm slowing switching to :rosalina:because she's top tier and plays similarly but just has overall better tools to do it. The more I play her the more I realize that I'm quickly running out of reasons to not main her. I love wario but I like winning more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4dedede: Because he's my favorite video game character ever (tied with :4palutena:, though I only just pocket her for ****s and gigigles), and he was my main in Brawl from what you could see in my postbit. Even with all his flaws, his generally goofy nature in everything he does is just so endearing to me, and it encourages me to keep fighting with a smile like Dedede does despite his current position in the metagame.

His edgeguarding ability, great range, hits that you can feel the impact of and the setups and traps possible with Gordo all make this character still a blast for me to play a year after the fact even with my frustrations with him now and then. Like Lavani Lavani said, he's also one of the characters that benefits best from Rage due to him having the best vertical endurance in the game.

:4myfriends: Similar for as to why I main Dedede. I really, really love characters with disjoints and beefy power, and Ike fits the bill. He gets such great and consistent reward off throws, good reads and proper spacing. He has surprisingly decent mobility and frame data for his character archetype, and his ground and aerial kits are versatile as well! Like Dedede, he's also a very potent edgeguarder thanks to his powerful, long-reaching aerials and Eruption.
The sound effects on Ragnell are just so satisfying for whenever you hit someone... even if it's not as good as :ike:'s. I don't have much personal investment in Ike as I do with Dedede considering I haven't played the Tellius games, but it will be something I'll definitely fix soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
:4mewtwo: I am a big Pokemon fan, as it's the series I've been with the longest. Why did I pick up Mewtwo over the others? His playstyle instantly clicked with me. When he was released, I invested as much time as I could into him, and with his buffs, I say it's completely paid off. I also absolutely love the thought of psychic powers, telekinesis, etc. Mewtwo is the perfect embodiment of that! Every single one of his moves look and feel amazing. Their animations never get old to me, and every time I land a move a love it, no, his entire character even more. Lastly, if it's one thing I love most about his character, it's how well he performs in the air and offstage, my two favorite places to be (when I'm not forced there, that is). He's easily the character I have the most fun with.

:4dedede: Kirby Right Back at Ya! was my go-to show as a kid. Dedede was my favorite character, as well as being my favorite villain for a long while (Until Fawful came in and swiped that title. Don't worry, D3, you're still really rad) and in Smash, even if he isn't the best, I still have lots of fun. His silly facial expressions always get me and each of his moves feel so satisfying to connect. He's really fun too.

Now, as for my tertiary/pocket/whatever you call it, for me, it changes a lot. Currently it's:4feroy: but don't be surprised if you see I'm maining someone else. Anywho...
:4feroy: I haven't played the game Roy's from yet, but that doesn't stop me from having fun with him. Like the two former characters, his moves and combos are satisfying to land and he's fun. Also his walking animation is so... confident. I love it.

Last edited:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
:4mewtwo: I am a big Pokemon fan, as it's the series I've been with the longest. Why did I pick up Mewtwo over the others? His playstyle instantly clicked with me. When he was released, I invested as much time as I could into him, and with his buffs, I say it's completely paid off. I also absolutely love the thought of psychic powers, telekinesis, etc. Mewtwo is the perfect embodiment of that! Every single one of his moves look and feel amazing. Their animations never get old to me, and every time I land a move a love it, no, his entire character even more. Lastly, if it's one thing I love most about his character, it's how well he performs in the air and offstage, my two favorite places to be (when I'm not forced there, that is). He's easily the character I have the most fun with.
Except for Pokemon being the longest series/huge fan(I like it but not more than alot of other game series), you literally have my exact same tastes to the T. Telekinesis and psychic ability is my favorite type of superpower and being in the air and offstage is my favorite fighting place as well. I see you fellow Mewtwo main. :)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
My playstyle shifts depending on who I'm playing and my general attitude at the time. If I'm playing Mewtwo I typically play defensively/bait and punish. With Roy (not exactly a main but I'm heavily considering) I like to take my sword and give you a nice taste of burning metal while I take you from one side of the stage to the other. (aggressive af)

I chose Mewtwo for a few reasons. I love Pokemon. It is my all-time favorite and most treasured series in gaming. When Mewtwo first came out I didn't like him. He felt off. Not bad but just slow and weak. With his recent buffs and my lack of having a real main I chose him to play with while I was at my scene. I got bodied. A lot. Then they decided to have a tournament. I got sent to losers immediately. THEN one by one everyone who had been recking me all day faced me in tournament and lost. A RosaLuma player finished me but I still felt so satisfied. Then before the day ended the guy who won the tournament and I faced each other with our last stock in doubles 1 on 1. We played tooth and nail for a good bit, though it was clear he was going to win unless I made a risky play. He went for a jump from the ledge and I immediately rushed over and landed a clean U-Smash, taking his stock and winning the set. I actually screamed with excitement. Ever since I have stuck with Mewtwo despite the constant "He is light, he is soooo light" crap. One of these days I will win a tournament there and prove Mewtwo isn't bottom tier. Thankfully, Mew squared and Blue have been putting in work so I may not have to.

Roy is kinda my inner hipster going wild. Everyone kinda abandoned Roy after a little while. He went from "OHMYGERD Top-Tier!" to complete irrelevence so fast I didn't even notice until months later. Now I kind of want to represent him along Mewtwo since I feel he covers some of my bad matchups and gives me a feel for a playstyle I'm not used to. Hopefully he will stick. I've already been told my Roy is a complete monster to fight against by my friends who usually go even with me so I'm feeling pretty good about him.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
:4feroy: I main this guy for quite a few reasons. Originally, I was on the Roy hype bandwagon. I didn't necessarily believe he was top tier, but I thought he was pretty good. I liked his speed and the way he hits his opponents feels so satisfying, especially when you land his Fsmash. Even though he's considered to be bad now, I still can't quite get myself to drop him. I like his design; I have a soft spot for pretty anime boys who use swords. Aside from Corrin, I don't really like the other FE swordsmen as much in this game since I either don't like their playstyle as much, or I just may not like their design. I would main Ike, but I'm not a big fan of his Smash 4/Radiant Dawn design to tell you the truth. It's such a shame, because I loved using him in Brawl, and he's excellent in this game now. Also, while Marth is considered better than Roy at this point, I still would rather use Roy because Marth is way too floaty for my tastes.

I also use Roy because he resembles Eliwood, my favorite FE character. The fact that he has a skin that referenced him makes it even better. At some point, I may drop this character because I have a feeling that he may not do very well competitively. Seeing all of the negative comments on him certainly doesn't help either. It's discouraging to hear, and it makes you wonder whether he is truly worth maining. However, I'll try my best with him, so that I can see how far his meta could go. Worse comes to worst: If he turns out bad, I'll just use him for laughs or as a secondary. Regardless of how good he is, he is a very satisfying character to play in my opinion.

:4cloud: Believe it or not, I'm not using Cloud because he's stupidly easy. As a matter of fact, I wish he wasn't super easy. I kinda feel bad for getting wins with him and all. Anyway, I like pretty swordfighters and I decided to pick him up because of his design and play style. I used to main Shulk, but dropped him since I didn't like his speed. Cloud feels like a speedier Shulk without the Monado arts. I love using his moves such as his up air, down air, neutral air and his Limit Break Cross Slash; all of these moves feel so satisfying to land. I also admire his speed and his fluid movement; everything about this character is amazing. Even if Cloud were on the harder side, I'd still use him because his speed and the way he hits things feels so good to me.

My playstyle is weird. Apparently I'm not very aggressive according to certain players, so I'll just assume that I'm on the defensive side? I dunno; all I know is that I go on autopilot a lot, and make a lot of guesses so I can't really say anything about my playstyle yet.

USA •Se7en•

Smash Rookie
NNID
KhaozPraetorian
I main Jigglypuff, and the reason I main her is actually a pretty odd one. I found it impossible to beat my brother at Sm4sh, and I tried every one of my secondaries and tertiary characters, and I never got close. I eventually decided to choose random, for fun, and I ended up getting Jigglypuff. I knew the "basics", because Hungrybox is my favorite pro Smasher. I ended up beating him and I've been playing as Jiggs ever since.

IntriguedGamer

Smash Cadet
:4falcon: Is my main guy in smash 4. His options are solid and his u-air Is insanely fun to juggle with. Love how aggresive you can get with him and I also love being rewarded for taking risks.
:4rob: Is number 2 due to how much fun I have had with him in brawl (casually). His gyro is fun as well as his BEEP-BOOP. His spacing game and grab game are fun as well as slowing down the pace to more of a passive-aggresive style.
:4link: Is my pocket that I will throw out when I need to play the turtle game. Arrows and bombs are fun to set up people into kills. I also love the LoZ series and ever since 64 I've been using him either as my main or secondary.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4rob:was a character I initially chose simply because I didn't know who to main in the upcoming Smash game; I didn't really have a serious/consistent main in Brawl and my original main hadn't made his comeback yet. I decided to stick with him for a couple reasons: Gyro play is pretty great, Beep Boop, air game is so much fun, not to mention lasers and robots are just cool.
:4mewtwo:, being my very first main, was a character I naturally gravitated toward from his climactic announcement. Admittedly, I didn't start investing as much time into him until the recent buffs, but I found that he's actually super fun, even if his recovery is still annoying (which I just hope to Sakurai isn't intentional). He possesses a super good projectile, one of the best sets of throws, and super fun aerials, all things I loved about:4rob:multiplied by, like, three, only with a couple awesome combo starters and being less susceptible to combos. Telekinesis is also one of my favorite fictional superpowers, and:4mewtwo:himself is one of my favorite Pokemon, which sparked my initial attraction to the character back in Melee. While I agree that he would be more fun if his recovery and some of his hitboxes were ironed out,:4mewtwo:is a character I will nonetheless be using for the rest of this game's lifespan and into future installments as well, assuming he doesn't get cut again.

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I main :4kirby: because not only can he recover easily from the edge of the map, he has room to avoid gimps, and can punish while still off the edge from recovering. Also love it when im playing against a fire emblem character and they try to counter my hammer. double punish! other than kirby i use :4marth:. He's fast and his hits arent weak and when i hit a tip or gimp someone good it just feels good. plus counters are nice.
also kinda expected more people to post the playstyle reasons behind their main here.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
:4luigi:is my MAIN main not because of his moveset or anything, but because he's my favorite video game character. The fact that he's good in this iteration of Smash is a nice bonus too despite my dislike for competitve Smash.

:4cloud: is my second main because he matches my playstyle. Quick, strong, and just downright fun to play. I love using his dashdance because it keeps my opponent guessing and LB makes them play more cautiously. I love it when they try to think of what to do while I have LB in order to avoid losing that stock early. Plus, it's Cloud's badass FF7 version of himself and not the brooding one I've grown to dislike over the years, so that's really cool.

ToTheMoon695

Smash Rookie
:rosalina: is who I main not because she's high on the tier list , but she fits my play style very well.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
:4metaknight: I main Meta Knight because I kinda mained him in Brawl before I found out he was broken (I mostly played Brawl casually only towards the end of it's lifespan did I start playing it semi-competitively). And because the posts Katakiri made around the Meta Knight boards convinced me he was good and a character worth investing time into even when everyone else was saying he was bad. He's fun, his moveset flows together really well with lots of combos and he's got the best victory quotes in the game. I love the depth this character's metagame has, always something new to learn.

I find that complexity is something that draws me towards characters in this game. I love the feeling of just grinding out something new with a character. Bair spike to jab reset? I'm on it! Lagless airdodge onstage? Let me give it a try! Still working on my neutral game though.

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
:4megaman: This little robot here has always been one of my favorite characters in gaming for as long as i can remember. So when he was announced, i told myself i would main him. So a bit of character loyalty goes into maining him. But his play style is what has me main him. I can dictate the pace of matches just because of one projectile, the pellets. He is also super fun to play and covers match ups i don't like with my other main.

:4fox:Speaking of him, Fox has always been one of my favorite characters. He's fast, can get in your face, and do tons of damage. He's my other main for characters that Mega Man just cannot handle, such as :4sheik:. Being able to just pressure with how his attacks comes out is always very satisfying.

As for my play style, :4fox:is almost always me being super aggressive. It's what i know best. :4megaman: on the other hand, with Mega Man, i switch play styles on the fly. One moment i'll wall you out with pellets just tacking on safe damage. The next I'll be rushing you down with whatever tools work best at the moment. So i am either very aggressive or i am walling you out trying to force mistakes to get the most damage. Both characters are super rewarding when i play them right

TAN-MAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
EvitanArt
:4fox: Is my main. I've been through a lot of characters in this game. A whole lot. And I've just given up on all of them for various reasons. I had even tried Fox before and I didn't enjoy playing him. However, after I learned more about the game and Fox's capabilities, and going through a field of more attempted mains, I tried fox again...just a random FG match and I was getting pooped on, then I tried Fox and I won.

Fox is obviously a cool character I mean he's a fox that flies a space ship and shoots a laser, and coolness is important to me. Furthermore, Fox is fast and lends himself well to an aggressive playstyle, which is how I enjoy playing. I like playing in my opponent's face, applying pressure, covering options, etc. Fox fits that well for me.

:4myfriends:/:4corrin: Secondaries? Maybe? I'm having a bit of a secondary crisis at the moment, but these are two characters I enjoy. I like the range these character provide. The safe pressure you can get away with at times.

Ike is a big strong dude, just look at that sword. And the sound it makes is so MEATY and satisfying. But he can be a bit bland. I previously played him all the time, then Corrin was released.

Corrin can turn into a dragon, and his arm can transform...and he shoots out a giant stunning water ball[water being a favorite element of mine] and also has the spacing of Ike, and some of his power. Just an interesting character with a lot of tools, and I love that. I intend to focus more on Corrin as a secondary in the future, though Ike often sneaks his way in there, he's so familiar.

And again, swords are cool, cool matters.

:4greninja: Been playing around with this guy a bit, especially after watchin iStudying. As mentioned, water is a favorite element of mine, and Greninja is cool. I also enjoy the aesthetic and idea of the oversized tongue thing, and it being used as a scarf is pretty clever character design. However he has immense depth and requires a lot of technical skill to play. I could even see him replacing Fox if I saw some large improvements with him.

But Fox will always have a place on my roster. :4fox:

momochii

Smash Rookie
Used to be a :4marth: main but didn't really like him much when the game came out mostly because he didn't get rewarded much besides tippers or had many follow ups. Something I think is pretty important when chipping away at opponents. Additionally he wasn't very safe on shield when the game came out. Thanks to patches I'm sure he's better now.

I moved onto :4pit:/:4darkpit: since they play almost fundamentally similar to Marth ex: conditioning and spacing plus their multiple jumps and recovery allow me to go balls deep for edge guarding. Having both a projectile (arrows) and a punishing move (electroshock/arm) allows me to slow people's approaches and punish them for whiffing/catching their landings. As mentioned earlier follow ups are important for dealing damage luckily these two have a few BnB strings at early percents. But the best part is I don't have to feel like I'm learning a completely different character when I can just use one as a counter pick *cough* :4darkpit: vs :rosalina:

Last but not least this character is a sleeper and under rated because who fights Pit all that often?

BlueDaruma888

Smash Cadet
There's a couple of reasons why I love me some :4shulk:. When I was trying out the game and various characters, I loved the idea of being able to modify your playstyle on the go depending on a given situation, so I decided to give him a shot. Vanilla Shulk honestly wasn't too hard to pick up, given my fairly defensive playstyle, and watching videos online of what he could POTENTIALLY do motivated me to keep exploring with the character even after I started running into issues with his frame data/ monado arts. Because of how difficult he can be, there's always something to aim towards/ master. That aside, the anime style, badass signature stage music (VERY IMPORTANT for me when deciding on a character to pick up), and all of his side taunt shenanigans more or less sealed the deal.

Doesn't matter how low he is on the tier list, I just love this character. Team Monado Boyz 4 Lyfe

Last edited:

osnapitzjer

Smash Rookie
NNID
disaster.report
:4shulk:is my main. I have no idea why I picked him out of all the Smash Bros. characters in the game, but there's just something about Shulk that I love. His Monado Arts give him this unique feel and sense of diversity that I just couldn't find in other characters. The range his Monado beam/sword has is really cool and useful to me. Yeah, he might not be top tier, but I have lots of fun with him. Getting to learn him, his combos, the strategies, etc.

Top Bottom