• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Is Your Favorite Ultimate Character?

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Pac-Man. I love the character, I love how he plays and the references to all the old Namco arcade games are really neat.
Mostly I just play a character for how much I like them as a character and their games. It's also why I play Mega Man, Snake, Richter, but I've also tried some other characters whose games I'm not as familiar with like Ridley and Villager, who I also enjoy a lot.
Like I've said to other people, that viewpoint about picking characters is a great one to have, love the characters.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
:ultrichter:
- Play for serious 1v1s online and in competitively viable matches.
:ultincineroar:
- Play as a secondary for competitively viable matches.
:ultganondorf::ultike:
- Play for fun when there is a large quantities of players.
:ultcorrin::ultlink::ultlucario::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultsnake::ultyounglink:
- Extra feasible fighters to use in Smashdown.

Last edited:

Billy Maize

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0610-7203-0641
I've always been a :ultfalcon: kinda guy, and that hasn't changed at all with this game. He's still a blast to play. I also really like how they've changed :ultganondorf: and :ultroy: since melee, and I play them a lot. Others that I really enjoy playing are :ultsonic::ultchrom::ultdk::ultryu::ultsimon:

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I've always been a :ultfalcon: kinda guy, and that hasn't changed at all with this game. He's still a blast to play. I also really like how they've changed :ultganondorf: and :ultroy: since melee, and I play them a lot. Others that I really enjoy playing are :ultsonic::ultchrom::ultdk::ultryu::ultsimon:
I love Falcon, agree 100 percent with Roy and Ganondorf as well.
:ultrichter:
- Play for serious 1v1s online and in competitively viable matches.
- Play as a secondary for competitively viable matches.
:ultganondorf::ultike:
- Play for fun when there is a large quantities of players.
:ultcorrin::ultlink::ultlucario::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultsnake::ultyounglink:
- Extra feasible fighters to use in Smashdown.
I love Ike, Ganon, and Richter.

D

Deleted member

Definitely :ultmarth:/:ultlucina: for me, as well as :ultness:,:ultcloud:, and :ultlink:.
And I wanna practice with :ultchrom:.

Also patiently waiting for Joker to come out as he will be added to the list.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Definitely :ultmarth:/:ultlucina: for me, as well as :ultness:,:ultcloud:, and :ultlink:.
And I wanna practice with :ultchrom:.

Also patiently waiting for Joker to come out as he will be added to the list.
Marth and Lucina were fun for me in Sm4sh, although I haven't played them that much in this game, I'm the same way with Joker. I agree all the way with Link, though

Avvin

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6972-4855-6876
:ultrichter: all the way. I'm not stellar with him but I love when I can feel my opponent hesitating on apprach

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
:ultike: - has been my favorite character ever, both in Smash and in the FE series.

:ultchrom: - Second best and an absolutely lovable dork of a lord. ♥

:ultzelda: - She's so adorable this time around, and she feels so much more fluid to play as.

:ultrichter: - Did not expect to enjoy playing as him as much as I do now, but he's grown on me; maybe I should get around to playing a Castlevania game

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
Right now, Daisy. Which is biased because she's my favorite Mario character and Mario is my favorite universe in SSB. However, my favorite non echo is King K. Rool. Daisy and Peach just has a good moveset (especially the down special) and King K. Rool is such a genius choice and has a great recovery.

Last edited:

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
:ultike: - has been my favorite character ever, both in Smash and in the FE series.

:ultchrom: - Second best and an absolutely lovable dork of a lord. ♥

:ultzelda: - She's so adorable this time around, and she feels so much more fluid to play as.

:ultrichter: - Did not expect to enjoy playing as him as much as I do now, but he's grown on me; maybe I should get around to playing a Castlevania game
I love Ike, as well as Zelda and Chrom, all great characters

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I'm trying to find the one I like the most but, for now, it's between :ultzelda: and :ultisabelle:.
Close behind are :ultshulk:, :ultpalutena:, :ultmiifighters: (Isaac swordfighter).
I'm also using occasionally a few more :ultrichter::ultpokemontrainer::ultcorrin::ultroy:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm very interested to see who you're favorite character is in SSBU. Personally mine is Link, but I also play :ultinkling::ultchrom::ultfalco::ultpichu:, this is probably the game I've had the most character variety in other than Sm4sh
Easy. Mewtwo and Isabelle. I basically enjoy about 80% of the rest of the cast too lol

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Right now, it's :ultkrool: and :ultyoshi:. Once I unlock :ultmewtwo:, It'll basically be a toss-up between those three.

Last edited:

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I'll consider it, honestly looks fun to play Yoshi, but the one issue is that I play Link, Ike, Chrom, and Roy, I don't think I'd be used to Yoshi's playstyle

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
I’ve seen all the characters, but the one I click with the most is Olimar... Yeah. It’s always been that way. But, I’m fine with it. I like Isabelle and Inkling, but it just doesn’t feel right to me when I play as them.

It really was awkward and funny at the same time during Sm4sh to be surrounded by hot guys and then there’s just. Me. But when I win under those circumstances, it’s so funny to me.

Here are these amazing heroes that saved the world with awesome powers and have tragic/deep backstories, and then there’s just. Me. Playing as a guy that got his spaceship totaled, fixed it, had it sold by his company, forced pay off a debt for the same company, then gets eaten by a giant golden amoeba thing.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I’ve seen all the characters, but the one I click with the most is Olimar... Yeah. It’s always been that way. But, I’m fine with it. I like Isabelle and Inkling, but it just doesn’t feel right to me when I play as them.

It really was awkward and funny at the same time during Sm4sh to be surrounded by hot guys and then there’s just. Me. But when I win under those circumstances, it’s so funny to me.

Here are these amazing heroes that saved the world with awesome powers and have tragic/deep backstories, and then there’s just. Me. Playing as a guy that got his spaceship totaled, fixed it, had it sold by his company, forced pay off a debt for the same company, then gets eaten by a giant golden amoeba thing.
Wow, Olimar sounds interesting

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
:ultpit:
It's easily this angel for me. He's caught my interest since the first Brawl trailer (and back then, I thought a bow that can not only shoot bendy arrows, but also become 2 blades were cool. It still is), and I've felt like I've bonded with how versatile he is. While s4 didn't do him much justice, he at least got more expressive. He only got tons better in Ultimate. More expressions, his moves are generally better, more versatile, and well... he's just that amazing to me. It's a shame he doesn't get much respect like he should (especially from Palutena and Viridi, who pick on him despite him saving the world and saving the former more than once).

For him, I did like him in the trailer, but I didn't think he'd be up in the ranks for me to like, even though he was my choice in Sun. With all his expressions, technical ability and such, I've grown to like him a lot.

:ultbowser:
Bowser actually was one of my favorite childhood characters along with DK (but I could never use DK well), even before I knew about Pit. So I did keep Bowser with me in each game he was in, with the exception of s4 post-patch, where he got that grab combo upgrade (which made him bland to me). In Ultimate, he seems more fun with some changes he really needed. Of course Pit definitely became my number one when Brawl came about.

:ultpalutena:
While I originally was one who wanted her playable after seeing her as Pit's FS in Brawl, when I got her in s4, it took time to get used to her (I originally thought she'd be a defensive heavyweight), and then she grew on me. Despite her changes/buffs in Ultimate, I feel that I'm losing my ties to her, which probably isn't too bad since I got Pit now in a way.

So in short, the first 3 are my current favorites.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
In my opinion, he has the worst possible luck. His wife even found his savings and spent it all without his consent. Along with his paychecks.

Pikmin’s a fun game.
Well, sounds fun,
ridley baby
I love Ridley
It's easily this angel for me. He's caught my interest since the first Brawl trailer (and back then, I thought a bow that can not only shoot bendy arrows, but also become 2 blades were cool. It still is), and I've felt like I've bonded with how versatile he is. While s4 didn't do him much justice, he at least got more expressive. He only got tons better in Ultimate. More expressions, his moves are generally better, more versatile, and well... he's just that amazing to me. It's a shame he doesn't get much respect like he should (especially from Palutena and Viridi, who pick on him despite him saving the world and saving the former more than once).

For him, I did like him in the trailer, but I didn't think he'd be up in the ranks for me to like, even though he was my choice in Sun. With all his expressions, technical ability and such, I've grown to like him a lot.

:ultbowser:
Bowser actually was one of my favorite childhood characters along with DK (but I could never use DK well), even before I knew about Pit. So I did keep Bowser with me in each game he was in, with the exception of s4 post-patch, where he got that grab combo upgrade (which made him bland to me). In Ultimate, he seems more fun with some changes he really needed. Of course Pit definitely became my number one when Brawl came about.

:ultpalutena:
While I originally was one who wanted her playable after seeing her as Pit's FS in Brawl, when I got her in s4, it took time to get used to her (I originally thought she'd be a defensive heavyweight), and then she grew on me. Despite her changes/buffs in Ultimate, I feel that I'm losing my ties to her, which probably isn't too bad since I got Pit now in a way.

So in short, the first 3 are my current favorites.
Amazingly in depth, love each character as well, amazing

Aussie1024

"Stow your fear. It's now or never!"
Switch FC
SW-8059-8133-1521
I've played :ultsonic: and :ultpikachu: since I started playing the series with Brawl in 2008 (Don't hate me).

Also picked up :ultzss: earlier in the summer.

:ultzelda: is my main. Picked her up a couple months ago in prep for Ultimate.

Also working on some alternates - :ultfalco::ultpichu::ultpalutena::ultyounglink::ultlucina:

I'll go into more detail if anyone wants me to.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I've played :ultsonic: and :ultpikachu: since I started playing the series with Brawl in 2008 (Don't hate me).

Also picked up :ultzss: earlier in the summer.

:ultzelda: is my main. Picked her up a couple months ago in prep for Ultimate.

Also working on some alternates - :ultfalco::ultpichu::ultpalutena::ultyounglink::ultlucina:

I'll go into more detail if anyone wants me to.
Do you have any tips on Young Link gameplay, I know your still labbing him, but I'm only really asking because I'm so used to Link's bomb, and play only Roy, Chrom, and Link, and a little bit of Pichu and Falco

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Like the WWE intro always says

Then...
Now...
Forever...

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Like the WWE intro always says

Then...
Now...
Forever...

Pit's super fun, and the dedication you have is amazing, I've changed mains two times since the game came out, but I hope to stick with Link, Ike, Chrom/Roy, Pichu, and Falco

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit's super fun, and the dedication you have is amazing, I've changed mains two times since the game came out, but I hope to stick with Link, Ike, Chrom/Roy, Pichu, and Falco
That’s a mighty fine list of characters to be maining there

Aussie1024

"Stow your fear. It's now or never!"
Switch FC
SW-8059-8133-1521
Do you have any tips on Young Link gameplay, I know your still labbing him, but I'm only really asking because I'm so used to Link's bomb, and play only Roy, Chrom, and Link, and a little bit of Pichu and Falco
Unfortunately no. I've only used him for a couple matches. I really like him though. When I get the hang of him more I can relay what I've learned to you, if you wish

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, as far as mains go, I should have been more specific, my mains are only really Link, Ike, and Chrom/Roy, Falco I'm labbing with, and Pichu's a secondary
Still a good list of characters you got, especially wanting to use Chrom and Pichu

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Unfortunately no. I've only used him for a couple matches. I really like him though. When I get the hang of him more I can relay what I've learned to you, if you wish
Thanks, appreciate it, I've just always been more interested in Link, I'm the same with Young Link, I only have like 60 KOs with him

Top Bottom