• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Is Your Favorite Ultimate Character?

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I'm very interested to see who you're favorite character is in SSBU. Personally mine is Link, but I also play :ultinkling::ultchrom::ultfalco::ultpichu:, this is probably the game I've had the most character variety in other than Sm4sh

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom for me, forever and always.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Who should I learn next, I feel pretty competent with Link, Inkling, and Chrom, and am looking to learn a new secondary

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Well I don't exactly have one favorite, :ultdiddy: is my most used by a long shot(since I also love doing matches with the DK characters) but I also really like:ultbowserjr::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultvillager: as well, I'm pretty sure my signature gives that away.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Well I don't exactly have one favorite, :ultdiddy: is my most used by a long shot(since I also love doing matches with the DK characters) but I also really like:ultbowserjr::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultvillager: as well, I'm pretty sure my signature gives that away.
Yeah, I really like using Puff and Isabelle, I like your list

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Does anybody else just absolutely love the simplicity of character icons in Ultimate, or maybe I'm just weird.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
All my fav characters are sony characters. I dont really have a fav character in this, only mains.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Does anybody else just absolutely love the simplicity of character icons in Ultimate, or maybe I'm just weird.
I like them too, their like classic video game life icons and they made it simple for those who like to emulate the style for those who want to make one for their most wanted list.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I like them too, their like classic video game life icons and they made it simple for those who like to emulate the style for those who want to make one for their most wanted list.
Yeah, definitely my favorite out of the icons throughout the 5 games

All my fav characters are sony characters. I dont really have a fav character in this, only mains.
Mmmm… Sony characters, my favorite Smash characters.
I love that one part where Nathan Drake fights Master Hand and then Isaac from Dead Space kills Mario

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Mmmm… Sony characters, my favorite Smash characters.
I love that one part where Nathan Drake fights Master Hand and then Isaac from Dead Space kills Mario
I like how u said characters i dont even care about. Take this upvote .

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Well, thanks. I don't play Sony that often, so I just thought of characters of the top of my head
If i had to pick a fav SSBU character though, then it would be Dedede. Hes the only king in the game that has no class and respect .

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
If i had to pick a fav SSBU character though, then it would be Dedede. Hes the only king in the game that has no class and respect .
It's so true, but I think Dedede would be in my top 20, here's my top 20 :ultfalco::ultdoc::ultfalcon::ultganondorf::ultmarth::ultchrom::ultjigglypuff::ultkrool::ultinkling::ultike::ultpalutena::ultdarksamus::ultsamus::ultsnake::ultrichter::ultsimon::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultkingdedede::ultzelda:

I probably didn't even put 20, I suck at math, simple counting stumps me.

What has been your favorite Ultimate tourney to watch so far, Whether it's been DPOTG 2018, or a small local.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Gameplay: :ultmiifighters:. In this house we stan customizable characters. I wound up maining :4zss: over them in Smash 4 because they had that godawful weight system and I only recently unlocked all the Mii outfits. The RNG of Smash 4 was ****ing SHAMEFUL.
Aesthetic: :ultisabelle:, with :ultcloud::ultlink::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda: trailing behind. There are other characters in this game I very much enjoy the aesthetic of, but some of them feel aesthetically nerfed this game (:ultganondorf::ultike::ultpit:), others are similar but were nerfed in Smash 4 (:ultmetaknight::ultsamus::ultsonic:), and some could one day be my favorite in aesthetics but Smash has yet to perfect them for me (:ultbayonetta::ultdarksamus::ultsnake::ultzss:).
Conceptual: :ultsamus:/:ultzss:
Personality: :ultinkling:, but :ultbayonetta: and :ultdaisy: all come close. All three of them remind me a lot of the MCU in the best way possible, in that they're varying flavors of "self-aware ***hole," a kind of character that-- when done right --I wholeheartedly enjoy as video game protagonists.
Writing: :ultsnake:. I'd include someone from Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I haven't played that game in awhile and when I did, it was before I started paying attention to writing quality outside of obvious offenders.

Last edited:

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
:ultfox:

It's go time!

(I also enjoy and actively play :ultfalco::ultwolf::ultincineroar::ultpit::ultduckhunt::ultolimar::ultness::ultmewtwo:)
Geez, those are pretty fun characters, I agree with you on all but Olimar, mainly because of how lazy I am, I don't like playing characters where you have to strategize, Snake and Duck Hunt are exceptions

Gameplay: :ultmiifighters:
Aesthetic: :ultisabelle:
Concept: :ultsamus:/:ultzss:
Personality: :ultinkling:
Writing: :ultsnake:
Nice, great characters, like all of them

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Geez, those are pretty fun characters, I agree with you on all but Olimar, mainly because of how lazy I am, I don't like playing characters where you have to strategize, Snake and Duck Hunt are exceptions
I play characters mostly from games that I like/characters I love rather than simply gravitating to them by gameplay alone.

I'm a huge Star Fox fan so naturally I have mained Fox in every iteration. I love the Pikmin and Mother games, and Kid Icarus Uprising is one of my favourite games ever.

Olimar is really fun and interesting - he can be taxing to play but I find Fox to be more difficult overall because the consequences of mistakes are much greater. Duck Hunt, however, requires you to be 10 steps ahead at all times. I binged some online with him tonight and I do love his character dearly so I'll probably keep with him as well.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
King K Rool is my main, Alph is my secondary. After waiting for so long, there was no way I wasn't gonna main K Rool! I ain't no bandwagoner.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I play characters mostly from games that I like/characters I love rather than simply gravitating to them by gameplay alone.

I'm a huge Star Fox fan so naturally I have mained Fox in every iteration. I love the Pikmin and Mother games, and Kid Icarus Uprising is one of my favourite games ever.

Olimar is really fun and interesting - he can be taxing to play but I find Fox to be more difficult overall because the consequences of mistakes are much greater. Duck Hunt, however, requires you to be 10 steps ahead at all times. I binged some online with him tonight and I do love his character dearly so I'll probably keep with him as well.
I think that viewpoint is a great on to have, when I say Duck Hunt is an exception, I say that lightly. Personally, I think Olimar is fun, I give feedback on peoples thoughts by my "competitive" viewpoint of them. As in, me playing online. Your viewpoint is a great one to have and I think that all of your characters are very fun. However, I have never played a Star fox game, and I need to go pick one up.

King K Rool is my main, Alph is my secondary. After waiting for so long, there was no way I wasn't gonna main K Rool! I ain't no bandwagoner.
Nice, K Rool's one of my favorites. :ultkrool:

D

Deleted member

As always, :ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultbayonetta::ultlucina:. So what if some of my girls were nerfed brutally for this game? They still cool with me, no matter what.

Favorite newcomers include :ultdaisy::ultinkling::ultisabelle: and even :ultpiranha:.

Sayonara :kirby:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultkingdedede: for top tier memes and disrespect
:ultkirby: for low tier shenanigans
:ultcloud: because he's still cool to play
:ultmarth:/:ultlucina:/:ultroy:/:ultchrom: because why not
:ultrichter: because Simon looks like He-Man
:ultridley: and :ultkrool: because hype
:ultpalutena: because the nair train is real
:ultzelda: because down taunt

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
:ultlittlemac:: My Elite smash champ
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus: : When the champ needs a rest
:ultwiifittrainer:: When i wanna disrespect peoples
:ultyounglink: : When i’m feeling the nostalgia

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Being a huge Mario and Starfox fan these 3 :ultpeach: :ultwolf: :ultfox: are my top mains but also I have 35 favorite characters so here is a list of all my mains and favorites.
Top 35
:ultpeach::ultwolf::ultfox::ultincineroar::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultjigglypuff::ultroy::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultfalco::4roy::ultkrool::ultrosalina::4charizard::ultzelda::ultlittlemac::4wiifitm::4bayonetta2::ultgreninja::ultdaisy::ultrobin::ultmetaknight::ultcorrin::ultduckhunt::ultsonic::ultfalcon::ultken::ultrichter::ultdk::ultsnake::ultridley::ultike::ultmario::ultpiranha:

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
:ultkingdedede: for top tier memes and disrespect
:ultkirby: for low tier shenanigans
:ultcloud: because he's still cool to play
:ultmarth:/:ultlucina:/:ultroy:/:ultchrom: because why not
:ultrichter: because Simon looks like He-Man
:ultridley: and :ultkrool: because hype
:ultpalutena: because the nair train is real
:ultzelda: because down taunt
Simon could also pass as Prince Charming from Shrek (not sure which movie,) but great characters.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
All of those videos about "what your main says about you" are either 100% accurate or couldn't be further from the truth. These kinds of threads are nice.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
All of those videos about "what your main says about you" are either 100% accurate or couldn't be further from the truth. These kinds of threads are nice.
Yeah, I agree, I watched one on Sm4sh (my main was Mario) and it was absolutely wrong.
Also, I like threads like this as well, which is why it was the first one I posted

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Yeah, I agree, I watched one on Sm4sh (my main was Mario) and it was absolutely wrong.
Also, I like threads like this as well, which is why it was the first one I posted
Those videos are absolutely horrendous. Not because I take it personally or anything, they are just absurdly unfunny and I have never found myself saying “huh, that is kinda true”. Its just always wrong.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
Those videos are absolutely horrendous. Not because I take it personally or anything, they are just absurdly unfunny and I have never found myself saying “huh, that is kinda true”. Its just always wrong.
Yeah, in Sm4sh I played :4falcon::4cloud::4wiremac::4sheik::4link::4jigglypuff::4mario::4zss::4pikachu::4drmario:, and none of them were right at all (not that I expected them to be,) the videos tried too hard to be relatable

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ness is always my favorite to play as, though I also like Jigglypuff, K. Rool, Lucario, Snake, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Mewtwo, Incineroar, and the Miis.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure i'm the best with Olimar in this game, but I really enjoy playing Snake, Meta Knight, and Ridley.

Top Bottom