• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your favorite DLC character?

Who is your favorite Smash 4 DLC character?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I know, the latest DLC came out over a year ago, but a few changes were made (e.g. update 1.1.6 vs. Bayonetta) between then and now that put these special characters in their unique spot on their mains' hearts. I would just like to know who NOT THE BEST DLC CHARACTER IS, but who your main is. And if you don't main a DLC (hey, I don't either, but Ilike to use Roy every once in awhile), then just vote for your favorite.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
While I main :rosalina: and :4lucina:, I shall personally say that :4bayonetta2: (not :4bayonetta:) is my favorite. Maybe :4ryu: is a close second, and :4cloud: is a close third.

IamZang

Smash Rookie
I main :4cloud2: and :4corrinf: but the best DLC character is probably :4cloud2: and :4ryu: a close second. Both characters are uniquely designed and Nintendo opening the door for Final Fantasy and Street Fighter characters to be in Smash is awesome. Imagining Squall or Chun Li in Smash a few years down the line is insane.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
in terms of game design i'd probably say lucas. the rest of the dlc characters have these really strong tools that most of the cast can't really deal with, but lucas is a pretty "average" character with some crazy footstool combos that take tons of skill and a few di reads to pull off. i couldn't ever hope to play him but speaking strictly from a game design standpoint, he's really well-made.

when it comes to how fun they are to play...eh. not really a huge fan of any of them, though if i feel like messing around i'll pick cloud or ryu

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Definitely :4cloud: not because he's one of my mains. It was thanks to his inclusion that he reignited my interest in playing Final Fantasy games. :4ryu: comes in as my second favorite.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Out of them all, I gotta say Roy is my favorite. He has always felt most comfortable with him out of them all. If i gave a second to fourth place to these other characters, Cloud deserves second and third goes to Lucas, and fourth goes to mewtwo for (to me at least) executing the whole DLC program right, as he just came out of the blue and those who got both 3ds and wii u had the privilege to get him early. Honorable mention: Bayonetta

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I have all of them and only play as :4corrinf: and :4mewtwo: though I occasionally pick the other ones for fun and the fact that I spent money on them, despite me being worst with them than non dlc characters like Rosalina, Diddy, Samus and Yoshi people still ***** when I choose them using the phrase "pay to win" even though over half the time they beat me when I choose DLC characters besides Corrin and Mewtwo, but I'm getting off topic.

Out of the two of them I'd say :4corrinf: because I simply find her more fun.

LeWaddleDee

Smash Rookie
NNID
KoolKangaskhan
I like Ryu the most of them all because of the whole weak and strong versions of attacks thing he has going, as well as the alternate special move inputs. Seems like a good way to capture the original.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Easily :4ryu:. His design invokes alot of inputs being implemented in Smash while also staying true to his home series. The more I learn and work up innovations I had with Ryu, the more power I feel flowing with him as well. He's undeniably one of the major reasons why Smash is still relevant to me.

Top Bottom