• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is top of MW? aka Huge Johnz 3 Results!!!!!

BIG C

Smash Master
TEAMS

1st Deus ex Machina (Overswarm and Jiano)ROB and Snake
2nd Turtlesplosion (Cosmo and Zjiin) Game and Watch and Snake
3rd Team Pineapples (Viperboy and Toga) GnW and wario
4th Team Kioski (SuperDoodleMan and Seanson) ROB and Lucas
5th Biggest Boss (Joel and Tink)
5th Team No
7th Asian Sensation (Brightside and Yoru)
7th Payday
9th RickRolled(Big C and DADDY)
9th Team Andre
9th Hail to the Chimp (Joshu and Iggy)
9th Gun Punch (Sliq and Kel)
13th Kicken Rad
13th New Team
13th Mr. T's Gonna Be Somebosy (Captain Awesome and Mendoza)
13th Team Power
17th Team Team
17th Kishes (Squared and Prime)
17th Srlc Team
17th Team CPU
17th Fantastic 4 - 2
17th Team Pain
17th Team Lose A Lot
17th Team Skeet
25th Bone Crusher

Singles

1st Joel (Game and Watch)
2nd Cosmo (Game and Watch)
3rd Overswarm (R.O.B)
4th BloodHawk (Lucario)
5th Jiano (Snake)
5th Brightside (MetaKnight)
7th Toga (Wario)
7th Chexr (Wolf/Kirby)
9th Yoru (Pit/Falco)
9th Vance (Snake)
9th Sliq (Ganon)
9th Daddy (DDD)
13th Iggy (Game and Watch)
13th KishPrime (Olimar/Others?)
13th Tink (Pikachu/Luigi/ROB)
13th Juke (Snake)
17th SuperDoodleMan (ROB)
17th Big D (Marth)
17th Zjiin (Snake)
17th Leslie
17th Blank
17th Joshu (Zero Suit Samus)
17th Kel (MetaKnight/others?)
17th Sparrow (Zero Suit Samus)
25th 311(Bowser/Others)
25th Mello
25th Viperboy (GW/others?)
25th Shep (DQ'd)
25th DaveRob1 (Kirby)
25th Seanson (Lucas)
25th JoeB
25th Big C (Lucario/others)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I played Pokemon Trainer for my bracket matches for the most part.

Awesome tournament Big C. I think this was possibly the best-run tournament I have ever been to, especially considering the newness of it all. Thanks for opening up your home.

Jeff and I (mostly I) suck in teams. We probably got a harder bracket too, but we still don't even have mains. Sigh. At least we did a little better in teams.

Good job to everyone I played. All the matches were fun and enjoyable. It was a good time for all, hopefully. It was neat to see the characters that I hadn't seen played before. I expected to see more Ike and Toon Link but I saw nary a one played all day outside of teams. Weird.

Anyway, it'll be great to see the vids.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
who the he11 refers to me as joel lol :)
I do. Sometimes I mentally refer to you as "Nodge", which is how I would pronounce "NoJ".

Shoutouts:

Sliq- main someone other than Ganon

Kel- main someone

Needle of Juntah / NoJ / Nodge / Joel- Toooooooooooo good! I've got a secret weapon to fight back against G&W now. I thought I had fixed a lot of problems with ROB and might have a good chance, and I thought I did alright, but I've got an even better way to go about things now. I hope to see you at many more tournaments.

Cosmo- The secret weapon will also be used on you. *glare* Close matches, but you destroyed me on the mansion. Lesson learned :(

Tink- Evading money matches is no good :mad: Drop those low tiers and pick up ROB the motha****in robot (that's the official name) again and start pitching tents like the Midwest should!

Overswarm- whoa, good job! Everyone loved your ROB and all your matches were exciting

Jiano- make everyone you know promise to watch our set. It was obviously more exciting than anything else at the tournament.

BloodHawk- Castle Siege was too fun. Good set.

Juke- Pick a character, don't get bored, and start crushing people. You and Needle of Juntah are my most feared opponents >_>

Zjiin- now you know that I know what I'm talking about. Stop saying we should ban stages. :chuckle:

Big D- I totally didn't get to play you the dozen matches I should have.

Tiger/TTT and that viiiicious metaknight whose name I can't quite remember at the moment but will later- Good playing friendlies with you guys. You are proof that you can learn how to get around all that crazy stuff I do! You both kept doing better and better throughout the night, keep it up.

Viperboy- You're too chill to stop playing smash. Don't quit!

Big C- Excellent tournament. You and Tink did a good job running it for how hectic it all was.

Iggy and Joshu- you two are hilarious, I'm not gonna lie. Keep coming to tournaments!

Kishes- pick mains!

Now, as promised to some people at the tournament, I'm going to give away one of the secrets that has helped me do so well. I want the midwest to get good, and that means learning how to counter the counter of the counter of the counter, etc., etc.

ROB's spot dodge is really, really good. He can, if done properly, spot dodge all of Fox's lasers. A common complaint was "I can't approach, he just spot dodges and d-smashes".

How to get around ROB's repeated spot dodges (or anyone's):

Use a multi-hit move or an attack that has a steady hitbox (like Jigglypuff's pound).

It is that simple. I played Viperboy in some matches and he wasn't able to touch me if I saw him coming. In 10 seconds of me saying "short hop fair into my spot dodges", he now knows how to get around it.

Attacks like Fox's drill kick, Falco's forward air, etc., etc., all go through it because it isn't frame perfect. Even if it was, we're human and it won't work.

Attacks like Jigglypuff's pound will simply stay there until the spot dodge is over and THEN hit me. This has the added benefit of hitting me at the end of the attack, meaning no lag for the user of the attack.

For characters that don't have either of those attacks.... good luck, I guess. Mindgames might work, I heard they were good? :urg:

I'll tell you guys how to easily get around camping the ledge after next tournament if people haven't figured it out yet. The only way to get better is to play people that can beat you, so people gotta learn how to get around all these brick walls.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
yo, team pineapples was me and viperboy!

excellent job at the tournament everyone. props to

sliq (awesome ganon and awesome sarcasm)
kel (i need to see a 'rock you like a hurricane video. now.)
bigd (don't let go of marth)
juke (beautiful snake, awesome melee teaming)
james sparrow (zamus + dota = better than good sex)
big c (lucarioooo. did you ever ditto bloodhawk?)
tink (sorry we never got to play. i wanted to spam nonpunishable aerials)
daddy (please stay D3. you rock as D3)
and everyone else i'm forgetting.

except overswarm and jiano. a 21 minute set of nade/top/laser spamming was not long enough. i barely had time to get refills on popcorn.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it was. It was the Loser's semifinals. And overswarm recorded all/most of his matches in brackets. We are hoping it becomes the most un-watched video on youtube.

I also cannot wait to see the matches showing my 1) massive john 2) unfortunate 3 stock.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
GJ everyone. That was way too much fun. We need to have more of these.

Special mentions go to.....

Kish^2 - Stop playing All-Star mode. XD

Prime - Fire Emblem music...... Believe!

Joshu - Great Zero Suit Samus. It gets better every time I see it. Your Wario was looking good too.

Iggy - Nice Job. G&W is too good.

Juke - Awesome Snake. You are so hard to approach.

Jiano - I had some great matches with you. Definitely my favorites of the tournament.

BigC - Awesome tournament! Thanks for everything. We need to get a Lucario ditto sometime. ^_~

Tink - Good stuff Tink. Pikachu never looked so good.

Chexr - Fierce Wolf man.

Toga - Wario is very fun to watch. Good stuff.

Overswarm - I officially hate ROBs now. lol XD

Viperboy - Nice seeing you again. Never did get to play you in Brawl or get that Falcon ditto in Melee. Next time for sure. ^_^

Sliq - Good games dude, you are as funny as ever. Very nice Ganny. Ganon for president.

Everyone else I forgot.... - Great job everyone. Be sure to keep coming to these things. Brawl is way too fun.

Drephen

Smash Master
maybe i should start going to brawl tournies.........

dont expect too much though, i play brawl the exact same way i play melee lol

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
this tourneys name should be changed to "wow this game sucks"

Congratz to OS if you lost to bloodhawk I would have been really disappointed in you :p

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Ok Somebody was pulling some Shenanigans down in the basement. I had MY sensor bar plugged into my Wii right when I got there and never touched it again until I went to put all my stuff back in my bag. Now yesterday when I went to get my stuff back out, I saw a second sensor bar in my bag. However, neither one of them have Sliq or Justin written on it. SO, I really have no idea who's it is or how it got in my bag. Let me know if you're missing one and I won't have any problem shipping it to you.

On top of this somebody took a battery from my Wiimote. Now I don't really care that is was taken, but would it really have been that hard to put it back? Come now people, let's try to be somewhat responsible with other people's things. My Wiimote was just sitting there, battery cover off, with just one battery in it.

TeamAlpha

Smash Rookie
Oh cool, its nice to see we actually placed somewhere...

Blank is myself, I was using Kirby most of the time, and Wolf. (Brightside, were you the metaknight I faced? Barley lost to you, and then barley to tink!)
Mello is in our crew too. He was using Fox 90% of the time.

Pretty cool tourney, venue would've made things a lot nicer. We're planning on hosting a moderate -> large size tourney, probably end of may, with a nice venue and (hopefully) all you can eat pizza (If anyone remembers "All You Can Smash"). How does May 31st sound? Just trying to get an idea of a good date. I'll post up a thread sooner or later.

EliteGrimm1

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-2884-2326
9th Vance (Snake)

I Lost to some guys meta Knight... And i just dropped out of the loser bracket because i was there all day. Ill be at the next tournament. So hopefully i see some of you guys again.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
This tournament was probably one of the best I've been to since FC. WTG C! BTW, those who were wondering about the Wii with everything not unlocked, that was mine. It was the one in C's room. Other than Chexr (Wolf), I didn't see any Toon Link, Wolf, and Jiggs mains, so I didn't think it was going to be a biggie. Anyways... yeah, good tourney.

EDIT!

BTW everybody, I'm planning to hold another MW tourney here in South Bend sometime in late May, early June, so keep your eyes and calendars open!

Kel

Smash Master
I lost to two snakes. Tough bracket, it would have been better for me to get 3rd or 4th seed in pools.

Some guy refused to shake my hand in teams because I used Metaknight's tornado. Not only is that huge Johns, but also disrespectful and bad sportsmanship. L2P.

I still have no clue who I'm going to main, but most definitely not Marth.

I NEED A TOURNAMENT TO LOOK FORWARD TO! Somebody host one soon!

EliteGrimm1

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-2884-2326
lol Kel i played that guy he was REALLY mad at you.we were just messing around not a real match and he was telling me to watch out for you since all you did was Spam the B tornado move and then he said he refused to shake your hand.

Sliq111

Smash Rookie
Ok Somebody was pulling some Shenanigans down in the basement. I had MY sensor bar plugged into my Wii right when I got there and never touched it again until I went to put all my stuff back in my bag. Now yesterday when I went to get my stuff back out, I saw a second sensor bar in my bag. However, neither one of them have Sliq or Justin written on it. SO, I really have no idea who's it is or how it got in my bag. Let me know if you're missing one and I won't have any problem shipping it to you.

On top of this somebody took a battery from my Wiimote. Now I don't really care that is was taken, but would it really have been that hard to put it back? Come now people, let's try to be somewhat responsible with other people's things. My Wiimote was just sitting there, battery cover off, with just one battery in it.
Thanks for checking. I think that someone might have inadvertently taken mine in place of the extra one that you accumulated.

It isn't about the cost of the sensor bar so much as it is the principle of someone not touching my stuff like it is their's. Every thing in my setup had my name on it, so it isn't like they couldn't find me to borrow the sensor bar for another TV.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
quoted to show the east coast has no good G&W's
quoted for hilarity
well thanks to whoever broke one of my kitchen chairs there are officially no more BIG C house tournies.
quoted for sad.

people need to man up, seriously. Stealing batteries and sensor bars, breaking **** and not telling anyone...it's stuff like this that makes me hesitant to ever bring a setup to anything.

last time I brought a setup to a tourney someone stole my cont.

Sprinkle

Smash Rookie
56k said:
last time I brought a setup to a tourney someone stole my cont.
Someone took my controller from this tournament. I was more disappointed that I didn't make it to the bracket with a 3-3 record though. I think it ended up if I had gotten one more kill I would have advanced. I can't expect much from my first tournament though.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
I have Sliq's sensor bar. I found out around 10:30 am on Sunday that MY sensor bar was missing (now known to have been moved to chexr's wii, then accidentally taken by fear4) so I took the closest one not in use. Pretty awful of me to pass the buck to someone else, but I'm pretty sure MN traveled the farthest of anyone, and I'm even surer nobody from IN has ever come to any MN tourney or fest. The odds of me getting my bar back seemed much slimmer than for anyone else's.

I'm sorry I stole your sensor bar, Sliq, and I hope you can understand why.

Kel

Smash Master
I have Sliq's sensor bar. I found out around 10:30 am on Sunday that MY sensor bar was missing (now known to have been moved to chexr's wii, then accidentally taken by fear4) so I took the closest one not in use. Pretty awful of me to pass the buck to someone else, but I'm pretty sure MN traveled the farthest of anyone, and I'm even surer nobody from IN has ever come to any MN tourney or fest. The odds of me getting my bar back seemed much slimmer than for anyone else's.

Sliq on Kel's account:

Well, at least I know where it is now. About the distance thing, you do know that our government has this thing called the postal system, so you can send things far away without having to actually go there yourself. It is quite handy!

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad it isn't lost to the abyss, and I hope you get your stuff back.

It should be noted that writing your name on your **** is a good idea, so people know who's **** is who's.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

That's easiest enough to solve. Mail or send a money order to Sliq, and you're basically buying his sensor bar from him so he can get another one. Plus, it has his signature.

Chillin, that might be true... but G&W is pretty good, even when you start learning how to get around him. We should play online sometime, the only east coaster I've played is G-reg.

Top Bottom