• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the "Weapon Throwing Fighting Game Look-alike Girl"?

andree123

Smash Ace
Before Vergeben has said that the SE fighter was from Dragon Quest, at October 2018, a user named Milk-BOSATU (now Team NepDon) said that the Heroes from Dragon Quest would be joining in smash with no female alternative costumes along with new VR content and they were all proven true when April revealed VR Labo kit and E3 2019 revealed the Hero, but just before they're announced, Milk-BOSATU said that a female character would be in the game as a DLC fighter.

Multiple sources from Milk-BOSATU reveals some of her looks which:

1. She looks like a fighting game character, but there is a chance she is from a game of a different genre.
2. She is not Reimu.
3. She holds a unspecific projectile like a boomerang or a hammer.

So, which character is the character that Milk-BOSATU was talking about?

Colette and Lloyd as a tag team duo (like the Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma) (Both fit in with the partner theory)
Curly Brace as a possible alternative costume character for Quote
Morrigan from Darkstalkers
Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury
2B from Nier Automata

Edit: Added in a candidate list.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
No one. The 'leaker' is just some dumbass on Twitter leading people on a wild goose chase.

KillerCage

Smash Master
We should make list of candidates who fit these criteria. Two suggestions I heard were Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury and King of Fighters. I would to throw in Curly Brace as an alternate costume of Quote from Cave Story. Both of them used a throwing weapon in the form of "King's Blade."

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
last i checked there was no distinct look for characters in fighting games so that doesnt actually mean anything

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Kazooie is a flying weapon.

Tabbender

Smash Rookie
DQ has always been highly speculated in Japan. The guy just got lucky with his guesses.

They said when the game released that they were only working on Joker and the 2nd and 3rd fighters pass characters (which we now know to have been the Hero and Banjo-Kazooie). https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1123595820169777158

So it's impossible the guy saw an in-game model of one of the remaining two, especially without also hearing or reading the character's name. The fact that the description is so vague is also a massive red flag. This should not be taken seriously.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm going to chalk this up to another fake rumor being passed around because someone wants attention. It's much to vague to really mean anything, all we have to go on is a guy claiming "it's a female with a projectile." That can literally be thousands of different characters.

Plus, with no evidence to back up any claims, we have to take the word of some rando on the internet. With how many false claims have historically been spat out for this game, and its predecessors, there's no reason to believe it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gonna share a rather dated but still pretty accurate post from the Elma thread:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

We have a new tweet. I also asked a friend of mine who speaks a bit of Japanese about it, and she said that the "flying weapon" in this case refers to some kind of firearm, with the "flying" part being a reference to the shots. I want to be cautious, but this does sound somewhat promising. . .
Could be a gun (Jill, Lara, Elma), or a missile launcher/Gatling gun (KOS-MOS)...

KOS-MOS has been in various crossover appearances outside of Xenosaga, including but not limited to the Project X Zone series, and Xenoblade 2. Her moves in those games look like they’re straight out of a fighting game too

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
The general consensus seems to be that the leaker is fake according to many people but I honestly think there's something up now. He's not been posting any leaks from Mr. H anymore. It's possible he was asked to stop as evidenced from his last tweet saying "thanks!!!!!" alluding to the fact that the info is all he has now. He seems to even changed his name.. probably to change the subject. He seems to be a hardcore Neptunia fan... and that's why he changed his name I guess. No female alts is hard to guess since Erdrick has a female counterpart.... and also the recent Sakurai column has indicated that some DQ heroes may not fight one another.... bizarre decision but it only strengthens the fact that Milk Bosatu got this right.

Look I dont believe it 100% but it is fun to speculate.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I recall hearing about this "Milk BOSATU Leak" from PapaGenos.
All four of the "leaks" he mentioned I felt were either too vague or proven fake. Personally I think we are getting Doom Slayer and Ryu Hayabusa based on new evidence that required Google Theory to be adjusted. Hypothesises have to adapt or die when faced with new information and I believe Google has enough flexibility to make those changes. Everyone else believes in Mii Costume Theory which I think is too safe and doesn't Sakurai's interview in late 2015 where he said there were no good choices for Bandai Namco rep. This is the time when the final roster for Smash Ultimate was decided not counting DLC which wasn't decided until late October if I recall correctly. The other four theories (Color Theory, Companion Theory, Season Theory, and Trailer Theory) do narrow down the candidates, but they all conflict with each other in some form.

Tabbender

Smash Rookie
Google Theory is 100% false. Google's algorithm have always done weird things like this, it just happened to link some characters to the concept of DLC. Back then i remember trying Hero, Yuusha and Brave and none of them would pop the ad. It's purely "random" which characters do (by "random" i mean it depends on countless factors that can't be manipulated and are internal to Google's system). This is by no means any kind of evidence towards Doomguy or Ryu Hayabusa, just like it wasn't any kind of evidence towards Banjo or Artorias either. Banjo actually ending up getting in was a coincidence and completely unrelated to this theory. It's like that one "glitch theory" with Duck Hunt and the Sword Mii that "predicted" a DQ character and Banjo despite making no sense whatsoever (a character being based off another wouldn't cause glitches to occur with the original character, and even if they somehow messed up and linked a wrong file or something, datamining would have confirmed that, which obviously did not happen).

We have currently no idea of who the final 2 are. If any real leak is already public, it's currently under the radar, because all of those that i see speculations about really don't hold any water. The closest we have to giving us an idea of who the final 2 could be is Mii Costume theory, and even that is far from confirmed and relies on patterns, which have shown in the past to be unreliable.

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
1. She looks like a fighting game character, but there is a chance she is from a game of a different genre.
2. She is not Reimu.
3. She holds a unspecific projectile like a boomerang or a hammer.
Got it.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Google Theory is 100% false. Google's algorithm have always done weird things like this, it just happened to link some characters to the concept of DLC. Back then i remember trying Hero, Yuusha and Brave and none of them would pop the ad. It's purely "random" which characters do (by "random" i mean it depends on countless factors that can't be manipulated and are internal to Google's system). This is by no means any kind of evidence towards Doomguy or Ryu Hayabusa, just like it wasn't any kind of evidence towards Banjo or Artorias either. Banjo actually ending up getting in was a coincidence and completely unrelated to this theory. It's like that one "glitch theory" with Duck Hunt and the Sword Mii that "predicted" a DQ character and Banjo despite making no sense whatsoever (a character being based off another wouldn't cause glitches to occur with the original character, and even if they somehow messed up and linked a wrong file or something, datamining would have confirmed that, which obviously did not happen).

We have currently no idea of who the final 2 are. If any real leak is already public, it's currently under the radar, because all of those that i see speculations about really don't hold any water. The closest we have to giving us an idea of who the final 2 could be is Mii Costume theory, and even that is far from confirmed and relies on patterns, which have shown in the past to be unreliable.
Did you follow all the steps highlighted in PapaGenos' first Google Theory video including the use of the European Google search engine? Did you preform the search BEFORE the character names were blacklisted or after E3?
{EDIT} Sorry, but I cannot trust your claim that you actually tested "Hero" and got no ad. I don't want to assume that you are a troll, but I want proof of you doing this. If you cannot do this, I have to take your words with a grain of salt. Please don't take this as an attack on your character; I'm just being cautious.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Well, there was that one time...

Being serious though I am a little iffy on this leak rumor.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Did you follow all the steps highlighted in PapaGenos' first Google Theory video including the use of the European Google search engine? Did you preform the search BEFORE the character names were blacklisted or after E3?
{EDIT} Sorry, but I cannot trust your claim that you actually tested "Hero" and got no ad. I don't want to assume that you are a troll, but I want proof of you doing this. If you cannot do this, I have to take your words with a grain of salt. Please don't take this as an attack on your character; I'm just being cautious.
Why is it that hard to believe that they tried it out and it failed? It's obviously a fake leak, let's not speak as if he was telling you he saw the Moon landing being filmed.

Tabbender

Smash Rookie
Yes i did follow the steps. It was back when the theory was first discovered, i found a setup that made it work. PapaGenos can confirm that i PM'd him about it at the time, and was the one who discovered that putting in names of DLC for other games such as Freedom Cry was bringing up the ad, thus confirming the theory i already had at the time that the characters were merely being linked to the concept of DLC by google.
https://i.gyazo.com/34372b747812e22c342b96e1f4c6bec0.png
I tried multiple names at the time and i clearly remember trying Erdrick, Luminary, Hero, Yuusha and Brave. None of them was bringing up the ad. Once i get home maybe i'll be able to screencap my Firefox history (if i didn't clear it for the sake of the setup, which is sadly likely to have happened considering it was one of the steps), but that's the most i can do in terms of providing proof.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
This "leak" is so odd...
I don't think it's real or fake, there is too little of evidence from both sides to decide, though this leak is interesting and I want to follow it to see how it will evolve.

Why? I'm usually very skeptical about leaks, and honestly I'm skeptical about this too, but for this oneI'm also curious to see where it will go, and I'll explain why:

Some weeks ago, another "leak" was brought to attention, probably a 4chan leak or something, I can't remember.
That leak was from october if I remember (sorry for no source), it got Joker and Banjo right, and it said that a Square character was going to be in as well but the leaker was uncertain about who the Square character was (all the revealed characters were listed with the correct announcement order though).
The leak also claimed that the last two characters will be from Nintendo franchises, and it dropped a couple of names, Edelgard and Sylux.
The leaker said that he/she has seen a video showing incomplete 3D models of the new characters and that he would have shown it to everybody as soon as Nintendo calmed down a bit, though at the end the leaker never did it.

That other leak kinda fits with the "Mr, H" one, since both have seen some incomplete 3D models and there is a female character in both.

It may be just a big coincidence, though I want to give it a chance until some big evidence that debunks both will inevitably come out.

Also, I have my set of personal theories, but they're based on high levels of speculation and I don't really feel like sharing them.
They are more headcanon than theories, and they are probably wrong (because the leak is also probably fake and so would be the theories based on it).
But speculating is fun.

Tabbender

Smash Rookie
You're thinking of this leak : https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/440346534/

It's fake, just like the OP. The guy got the Square character wrong (Neko wasn't even in the list insiders heard). He obviously never leaked the models he said he was going to leak either.
It's also very likely that the final 2 will be from franchises that aren't represented yet in the game.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You're thinking of this leak : https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/440346534/

It's fake, just like the OP. The guy got the Square character wrong (Neko wasn't even in the list insiders heard). He obviously never leaked the models he said he was going to leak either.
It's also very likely that the final 2 will be from franchises that aren't represented yet in the game.
They spelled Neku wrong too :c

KillerCage

Smash Master
Yes i did follow the steps. It was back when the theory was first discovered, i found a setup that made it work. PapaGenos can confirm that i PM'd him about it at the time, and was the one who discovered that putting in names of DLC for other games such as Freedom Cry was bringing up the ad, thus confirming the theory i already had at the time that the characters were merely being linked to the concept of DLC by google.
https://i.gyazo.com/34372b747812e22c342b96e1f4c6bec0.png
I tried multiple names at the time and i clearly remember trying Erdrick, Luminary, Hero, Yuusha and Brave. None of them was bringing up the ad. Once i get home maybe i'll be able to screencap my Firefox history (if i didn't clear it for the sake of the setup, which is sadly likely to have happened considering it was one of the steps), but that's the most i can do in terms of providing proof.
Sorry if I came rude before, but your response seems truthful despite having little proof. While I'll remain hopeful of its validity, it is clear that Google Theory has very little ground to stand on when taking your words into account. Again I apologize for defacing your character.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Yes i did follow the steps. It was back when the theory was first discovered, i found a setup that made it work. PapaGenos can confirm that i PM'd him about it at the time.
That's strange because Papagenos stated in the video below that no one guessed "Hero" because it was so generic. All we've heard recent about the google theory was that people came to terms that Artorias was popping up because of the DLC for Dark Souls. What you have said pretty much conflicts with his statement.

He states this at 36:48 mark

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There really is no way to determine who the supposed character is (if they even fit this silly rumor at all), when it's near-impossible to narrow it down with the criteria we have.

At least with the Brave thing, there were a few other possibilities than Hero that people generally agreed on (even if some stretched logic at times).

Last edited:

Tabbender

Smash Rookie
That's strange because Papagenos stated in the video below that no one guessed "Hero" because it was so generic. All we've heard recent about the google theory was that people came to terms that Artorias was popping up because of the DLC for Dark Souls. What you have said pretty much conflicts with his statement.

He states this at 36:48 mark
I didn't contribute to their shared document at the time, which is my bad (i didn't feel the need to because i didn't take the theory seriously even at the time), so PapaGenos had no way of knowing that i tried this name. He can confirm that i personally PM'd him about google theory and how it was explainable by Google's algorithm linking concepts together though.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Say, what if they "female fighter" is actually a dude who looks like a lady? Has anybody made that kind of speculation yet?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Say, what if they "female fighter" is actually a dude who looks like a lady? Has anybody made that kind of speculation yet?
well as the description is extremely vague in the first place id say speculation is pretty open

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The only leak worth looking into with a pinch of salt is the RaySquad leak. Any riddle based leak is fake. Always has been. Always will be.

andree123

Smash Ace
You know what... I'll take whatever heat comes... Again, it's super vague so it may not even relate to Smash but it's somehow Nintendo related if it's like all his other random dropped pictures. I'm sorry for being a ****ty person.
A bird or winged thing is going to be announced soon, not sure if it would be smash related.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The correct
The only leak worth looking into with a pinch of salt is the RaySquad leak. Any riddle based leak is fake. Always has been. Always will be.
Well RaySquad is dead, Verge is right, and this leak was a waste of time.

Top Bottom