• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the noob character?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Marth without a doubt.
Diddy can be learned quick, and Dedede, while difficult to master, can be picked up pretty easily too

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
I think we're talking about characters that take no little to no effort to be great with.
My statement needs to be reformulated:

" I think we're talking about characters that take little to no effort to BEST others with."

My reasoning behind Pit not being exactly a "Noob" character in this context is due to the faulty Pits I've seen. Theres more videos featuring Pits losses than Meta Knight's losses and both are premier choices for players. In reference to Meta Knight, almost every match I've seen someone play as him, they usually win, no matter how terribly hesitant, or how many bad choices they make. They certainly aren't lying when they say he is a "pick up and play" character, not to mention the amount of players who will be interested in him due to his "cool, knight darkness" profile.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Smash 64 it's Kirby. Easy recovery and good aerials.

Melee, it's Marth. Fast, long range, and super strong attacks.

In Brawl, it's still Marth, but to a lesser degree. He lost some range, but he's still fast and strong.

Moochero

Smash Cadet
I would have to say wolf and Ike because of how good they are a punishment. They aren't cheap, but they can wreck people who are new to the game and make simple mistakes like not shielding :psycho:.

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
Melee, it's Marth. Fast, long range, and super strong attacks.
I still say it's Sheik because of how anyone can pick her up and start killing people. That is how I mained her. I kept getting beat then I just chose her, and then I started killing. Also, Sheik has good combos that can follow up to the deadly Fair.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
All the newbs I play against go with Meta Knight. They like to spam his tornado.

B spinnin' B spinnin' B spinnin' B spinnin' B spinnin' B spinnin' B spinnin'

...and so forth.

Wakeuplan

Smash Rookie
Pit seems likely. I’d ague that the characters deemed “noobish” in the previous games have all enjoyed a strong fanboy following, so much so that this quality should be a prerequisite. It’s clear that Pit, with his anime-style looks and incredible (incredibly cheap?) recovery, is going to have quite a following.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Pit seems likely. I’d ague that the characters deemed “noobish” in the previous games have all enjoyed a strong fanboy following, so much so that this quality should be a prerequisite. It’s clear that Pit, with his anime-style looks and incredible (incredibly cheap?) recovery, is going to have quite a following.
All because a character has good recovery doesn't automatically make him "Noob". Meta Knight is clearly much more up the ladder in reference to easy usage for newcomers, and theres definitely other characters who have greater "Pick me up and Win" status. Pits not one of em especially with his Up B cutoff.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
First of all, define n00b character. If it's the character with the smallest learning curve then I say it goes.

Smash 64:Kirby
SSBM: Shiek
SSBB:Metaknight

What people seem to be forgetting is that learning spacing (the primary component of Marth's game) actually does take a little while to get and thus prevents him from being the easiest character to pick up. That's not to say that he isn't indeed easier to pick up than most other characters, but n00bs generally don't exactly realize how much spacing can really give Marth an advantage.

Metaknight looks like a much more n00b friendly character due to high attack speed, great recovery, and a sword that doesn't rely on properly spaced attacks in order to be effective at low levels of play.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
Replace Peach with Roy. I never met a noob who played Peach.

If I were to guess I would say it would be Sonic. Very noob material. I think Metaknight and Pit are pretty likely too.
Metaknight and pit, but I remember reading somewhere, it was either from Gimpy or Hiro, can't remember, that Sonic was difficult to play, and might take time to actually master. I've actually read it on a couple of occasions, people claiming sometimes he's too quick to understand, or he flows differently or something. Because of this, he has great potential, but will take time to master. I do however agree with metaknight and pit from what I've seen on gameplay vids.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
If marth is in the air, and the person he's aiming at dodges his final smash, he will go to the edge of the screen and kill himself, so i will have to say that marth is not a good noob character.

Metaknight. He is the ultimate noob character. Then Kirby will still be noob friendly.
Honestly, for those of you think Sonic is noob friendly: he's not.
A noob character must meet certain qualifications:
1) Easy to control.
2) Easy to spam.
3) Easy to recover.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
I'd say pit. Not only that but I'd expect them to use a lot of nananananananananananannaa.
I LOL'ED SO BAD HAHAHAHAHA. SO True!

Pit maybe, but DEFINATLY Marth. He is basically unchanged from melee. Less range, faster attacks, worse recovery, same damage, same old bull****. It should be, No Items, Marth Only, Final Destination.

Typo

Smash Rookie
I think pikachu is pretty noob friendly. You spam lightning and just jump around.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
In 64 - Kirby and Link
In Melee Marth and Shiek.
In Brawl I'm thinking Sonic, Marth, and Pit.

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
Marth is probably the winner of this category for both Melee and Brawl. Especially with Brawl moving to a slightly more aerial game, with Marth's aerials having utterly ******** priority and speed. I was hoping Brawl would spare me from the Marth F-Air spam but I don't think that is going to be the case...

Is this really how you choose your main, though? Seems a little sad, don't you have any characters you actually want to play from the start?

3D King

Smash Journeyman
I was always told n00bs chose Roy for Melee as at lower levels of play where people aren't skilled at spacing their attacks he can appear somewhat good.

My prediction for Brawl, is that the easiest character will probably be Marth but the character most often associated with n00bs will be Pit.

orintemple

Smash Lord
When a group of people first pick up the game and play together the one who is usually winning the battles is Roy and Shiek. With Roy you can just walk about and Fsmash everyone into oblivion and Shiek you don't need to know combos and you can still just combo everyone's face off at that low level play.

For Brawl I don't think there will be any superior character. When I played for the first time, with many other first timers, no single character seemed to be winning the majority.

Top Bottom