• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Least-Used Character in SSB4? (Competitively?)

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Well obviously the miis (if they are legal) but it's probably a toss up between olimar, Zelda and puff since they only have a few people using them regularly.

Last edited:

hoppyKnitz

Smash Cadet
If anyone could give some sort of statistics or something on the subject that'd be nice, I'm just too lazy, but thanks

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
If anyone could give some sort of statistics or something on the subject that'd be nice, I'm just too lazy, but thanks
According to the smashboards rankings here, http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash-for-wii-u.8/league/teams

the least used are the miis, followed by Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Zelda. This appears to be all time though, so it's not quite accurate. For example, Mewtwo is listed as 4th least used. But obviously that's not the case anymore after his buffs.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This appears to be all time though, so it's not quite accurate. For example, Mewtwo is listed as 4th least used. But obviously that's not the case anymore after his buffs.
You can narrow it down to certain timeframes or tournament size with the advanced search on the right side. It'd be Dr. Mario/Olimar/Bowser Jr. for the three least-used for 1.1.6 specifically, ignoring miis.

D

Deleted member

:4drmario: is statistically the most unpopular character in the game.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Do you think this is for a specific reason or nah?
Mainly because :4mario: is a vastly better version of a similar toolkit.

There are a few reasons to pick Doc instead, but...that's also why there's very few Docs.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Yeah, I'd say that :4drmario: is the least-used character, specifically because he's a clone that's inferior to his original by being slower, more gimpable and overall just worse.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
My guess would be :4drmario: for reasons others have mentioned. Simply bc :4mario: is vastly superior. The reason you see so few :4olimar: players is bc how different he is in sm4sh. My sister had olimar as one of her mains in brawl/ PM so she played him a lot and she hated playing him in sm4sh. The truth behind olimar changes are to make him 3ds friendly. His 3 pikmin total out at one time effects his gameplay(if memory serves olimar's pikmin only run at 30FPS on 3ds) His up B is very different and olimar is overall not nearly as good of a character as he was in brawl. So I would imagine most olimar mains from brawl/PM like my sister would find his sm4sh playstyle less appealing.

Sandy34

Smash Rookie
NNID
MattSD34
3DS FC
1908-1459-4966
Switch FC
SW 4428 9832 3695
I'd say Puff, but she's surprisingly popular. I'd go with either Bowser Jr. or Dr. Mario.

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
I'm pretty sure it is :4drmario:. He is pretty much overshadowed in most ways by :4mario:, so there would be no point in using him competitively tbh.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Honestly I think it's the Miis. (Mostly Mii Swordfighter)
It's probably because they're not playable on For Glory which most likely demotivates people from playing them, giving them less experience to advance their meta-game.

But since some people are strangely bitter and resentful against them to the point where they're not even considered real characters. (For whatever reason)
I guess I'll go with Bowser Jr. & Olimar since I personally never see them used in For Glory or Tournaments.

Last edited:

Linkip

Smash Cadet
Hmm well keep in mind i mostly play FG, Friends and a semi monthly thing like 5 people turn up to. because my country holds very little tournaments i cannot really go to any. Of course i have seen the tournaments in America so i still have an idea.

:4olimar: I see very little Olimar players around. He seems cool but i have seen him used outside of FG about 2 times. I think people find it hard to Micro Manage the Pikmin or something. Also his grab gotta ultra Nerfed from brawl.

:4wiifit: Wii fit trainer is hardly used even though she seems cool. Probably the weird hitboxes.

:4lucario: I think Lucario is pretty good with the aura buffs and great recovery also he is super fast. But for some reason no one ever plays him!

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I think it's :4darkpit:.

Have you ever seen a Dark Pit in a tournament match?
Besides him, :4drmario:,:4bowserjr:,:4olimar:, and the Miis (Obviously).

Last edited:

Transform987

Smash Rookie
Other then Miis

Most likely Dark Pit. There's not very many pits and there are even less Dark Pits.
I'd also argue that Duck Hunt is up there cause people find them too weird to play but I'm normally the one playing them so maybe it's bias as people don't want a mirror match. I think that Ness is also up there, there are alot of characters that really are not played. It's mainly the kinda bad mid tiers cause people always want to play as the underdogs.

Cat Lee

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-9059-8249
I personal use mii swords man and dark pit so why does no one like them

ChoodleMan

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6655-0367-5403
Probably the Miis and Dark pit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom