• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best Squirtle?

SoulBoundX

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen, I think the title goes to either Zwarm or jew chains. I'm just judging this by footage. Some squirtles are better at incorporating squirtle's unique movement options into their game (although, even when it's not that practical) but zwarm and jew chains seem to stand above the rest when it comes to actually making this character work and win in game.

Life

Smash Hero
Nobody is good at squirtle.
I concur. Squirtle's punishes are in severe need of optimization (I think dair in particular is underrated as a combo move, and a matchup-focused edgeguard guide would not be amiss either), and nobody has a good enough handle on his movement to really approach well.

That said, I haven't seen much of the other Squirtle players.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm most technical squirtman west coast, confirmed, day 2 squirtle4 life
Since Burnsy is retired and there's no one else on this coast i win

Last edited:

SoulBoundX

Smash Cadet
I'll be the best eventually ;p . Ima be the one wearing the pointy sunglasses while you all get the rounded ones (:< . But seriously, im really getting more serious about this character and ima try my best to innovate and take Squirtle to it's limits.

Oh, and btw, I know you guys don't know me and you probably don't care about my accomplishes and skills in other games, but I was a mortal kombat 9 pro (one of the best johnny cages) and a top player in injustice for the first months of it's release before I dropped it. My skill from MK9 doesn't transfer as well to smash as it did to a game like injustice, but it definately does transfer somewhat and I've been getting really good at this game pretty fast the past few months and im really going to try to keep my promise and contribute to leveling this character up.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
The best Squirtle is Dad hands down, no contest, by a lot. No one is good at Squirtle, but from what I've seen of everyone else he is the only Squirtle player close to becoming good.

Also if Softie sticks with the character he could become not bad. His technical understanding of the character already far surpasses most people who post here, shots fired.

Last edited:

SoulBoundX

Smash Cadet
The best Squirtle is Dad hands down, no contest, by a lot. No one is good at Squirtle, but from what I've seen of everyone else he is the only Squirtle player close to becoming good.

Also if Softie sticks with the character he could become not bad. His technical understanding of the character already far surpasses most people who post here, shots fired.
Yeah. Actually after watching more of him, I think I might change my answer.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Actually the best Squirtle is some rando I met at forte2, he played way better than Dad

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Actually the best Squirtle is some rando
Actually the best squirtle is the first commercially successful Hip Hop artist Kurtis Blow.

He loves basketball, and following his retirement he has channeled that passion into this character.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Shouldn't the thread title be who is the least bad at squirtle

Zwarm

Smash Hero

r00d

Also I'm bad with Squirtle just like everyone else

TGT | Ghosty

Jace Boster
NNID
studmuffin
I'm Missouri's Best Squirtle.

There was one other guy... but he quit to play Marth.

XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom