• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is FE’s Mascot?

Who is FE’s Mascot?

• Marth

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Roy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lyn

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Ike

• Chrom

• Lucina

• Byleth

• A different FE character (please say who)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • There are multiple mascots (please say who)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • There is no mascot

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Note: please repect other’s opinions about this

I am curious about this question since FE is a franchise with different protagonists for most games, and I’m not sure who the mascot is since I feel like there are multiple valid options, which I’ll explain who they are and why below.

:ultmarth:: For the SSB series, he is the main FE representative for being a popular choice to add and still popular after he got added in addition to appearing in the most SSB games (4/5 depending on if the Smash For games are counted separately). In addition to being the representative for FE in SSB, he also has appeared in other games, such as Codename: S.T.E.A.M. and Dragalia Lost.

Lyn: While she is not in SSB, I still think she is important to note since she is one of the more popular characters and her game introduced the West to an FE game. Out of the four I mention, she probably has the worst argument for being a mascot.

:ultike:: Like Lyn, his main draw would be popularity in his series for having the most votes in the Choose Your Heroes (combining both versions of him in this case) poll 3 years ago and having the most votes for an FE character in a Nintendo Dream Poll 2 years ago. These are a little dated, but I assume that he is still pretty popular. Not appearing in Warriors and Dragalia Lost can be an argument against him being the mascot. Like:ultmarth:, he is a main protagonist for multiple games even if his games sold poorly.

:ultchrom:: He is the more popular of the two main protagonists of Awakening, and he also appeared in other games like Project X Zone, Dragalia Lost, and he has costumes in Monster Hunter. Also, he was the first character introduced in Warriors, and his mirage plays an important role for the protagonist of TMS.

I’ll say there are multiple mascots since I feel like you can make a good argument for :ultmarth::ultike::ultchrom: (I say all three are mascots) in addition to other characters like Lyn.

Now that I’ve written my possible candidates, who do you think is the mascot, and it could be someone else I didn’t list.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth, it's also been Lucina in some cases. And the most recent Lords / main characters are more often promoted. Ike also remains very popular, often regarded as the most popular Fire Emblem character.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Why are people saying anna? I don’t think she’s ever been in any merchandise or advertising (apart from the three houses wave 3 DLC) and really isn’t promoted that much by nintendo compared to other characters, so I don’t see why she would be a “mascot”

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It's Anna.

She is in every game except Gaiden (and it's remake). She's the mistress of the tutorial, a shop owner, a playable character, the hotness, just basically EVERYWHERE. I can't think of any other character who shows up as often. Even her love Jake who is also a recurring character isn't in as many.

Now if we're talking about -in Smash well yeah I'd have to say Marth.

But in the Fire Emblem Universe it's definitely Anna.

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
Functionally it's Anna, she generally hosts the corporate social media accounts and such. But she's not a mascot in the sense that they'd make her the star of her own spinoff.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Recently, it's Lucina. I daresay she sees more promotion nowadays than Marth. But Ike remains overall the most popular, so Marth is Pikachu, Lucina is Lucario, but Ike is Charizard.

Nah

Smash Champion
I can't say that there is a mascot for FE.

People view any particular character as the mascot for a variety of reasons, but the fact that we still have to ask which Fire Emblem character is the mascot in this day and age implies that there isn't one. The series is older than I am, and usually a series establishes a mascot by now, if not long before. In some ways the Pokemon comparison is apt, but Pikachu has long been widely viewed and consistently used as Pokemon's mascot--no FE character has really been that way.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Looking back on this thread, I’ve changed my mind and think that there isn’t really a true mascot due to the series nature along with not having a character used to explicitly promote the series, but I’d argue that the closest things are Marth (this is due to Smash), Chrom (the protagonist of the most influential game of the series), and Lucina (the most popular character from the most influential game of the series).

Top Bottom