• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the worst grab game?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'd say Marth. His grab range is so little, and his grabs really don't do anything.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lucas? He has a kill throw.

Try Ganondorf.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Samus or Zelda.
Samus' doesn't even work on Bowser most of the time and Zelda's is just......
Fail.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
zeldas throws have at least decent knockback

samus
Who cares about the knockback when it doesn't kill?

"Oh look, I threw you to the middle of the stage, guess I have to approach again LOL!"

At least samus can set up some potential strings with hers.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I'd say Marth. His grab range is so little, and his grabs really don't do anything.
Marth's throws can set up tipper forward smash at 0% for 25% damage and forward throw can even chain grab several characters.

Ganon's throws set up nothing and his standing grab is so small, but back throw is great for getting the opponent offstage while his forward throw does 13% damage.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Yes, but grab release chaingrabs are increasingly banned because they take no skill.
They are banned because the community as a whole is full of *******.
if you are going to ban grab release infintes then you might as well ban the IC infinites.
Cause guess what, they are a 0-death just like Marth and DDD's.

Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise...
?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
They are banned because the community as a whole is full of *******.
if you are going to ban grab release infintes then you might as well ban the IC infinites.
Cause guess what, they are a 0-death just like Marth and DDD's.
There are two main reasons why they ban those infinites and not the ICs.

1) Marth and DDD have much larger grab ranges than the ICs do.

2) With the ICs, they can no longer infinite you once you separate them, whereas with Marth and D3 the threat is ALWAYS there. It was like that in Melee too.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I have never been to a tournament where grab releases are banned. They are part of a character (or character weakness), you might as well accept them. I for one had the pleasure of grab releasing the heck of out a Lucas last tournament from one end of FD to the other, ending with Fsmashing the PKT2 recovery attempt.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

2) With the ICs, they can no longer infinite you once you separate them, whereas with Marth and D3 the threat is ALWAYS there. It was like that in Melee too.
And 3) When you have the skill to flawlessly 0-death every character as the IC's, you deserve to win. :pimp:

Nefarious B

Smash Champion

Banning something because it's easy is such a stupid reason. You ban it for the effect it has, and if the effect is the same then you should either ban them all or leave them all.

Also ZSS actually has a **** grab game, one of the best IMO, it's just that the grab itself blows.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Banning something because it's easy is such a stupid reason. You ban it for the effect it has, and if the effect is the same then you should either ban them all or leave them all.

Also ZSS actually has a **** grab game, one of the best IMO, it's just that the grab itself blows.
The grab itself is a big part of the grab game.. :pimp:

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Samus. It seems like she has trouble just trying to get the grab.
And her throws don't set up anything, her pummel can't damage Bowser, her thows don't set ups anything, her most damaging throw only does 9% and non of her throws can kill.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ivysaur. The grab is as slow as a tether and its range is the same as Zelda's. Pummel is possibly the slowest in the game, and B-throw is the only decent option after grabbing.
1) All the tether grabs have longer range than all the non-tethers, this includes Ivy. He has the smallest range for a tether I believe, but its still more range than the highest ranged non-tether (DDD)

2) MKs, Ganons, GaW, and Zeldas pummels are the slowest I believe.

Cristeve

Smash Rookie
Peach's Up Throw is useless (yes, as every throw, it can be used for... something, but this one is the most useless)

Last edited:
Top Bottom