• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else avoids people who use certain tags?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Typically, my brother avoids people who don't use a tag and end up just being "Player 2". His reasoning for this is that every time he plays against these kinds of people, they're not any good. I decided after trying this out for myself that I'd do the same. I've seen people with tags such as "Rob" (it's always Rob), and they tend not to be good, either. There is only one Rob on my brother's friend list. I guess that Rob left an impression. People with the words "Nazi" or the name "Trump" are also the kinds of people I avoid.

Who do you all avoid?

Rran

Smash Apprentice
I know it's a bit silly, but one reason I kinda prefer playing on 3DS is due to the inability to swap player tags (which is typically used only to hurl out hateful remarks following a match).

But to more specifically address your topic, I haven't really encountered many tags that evoke an unpleasant knee-jerk response. For whatever reason, I predominately play For Glory team battles, and so even when the occasional "Hit13r," "n****r," etc.-laced player tags do manage to slip through the cracks, it usually results in that player being the target of the surrounding fighters (with that person's partner just dickin' off around the stage).

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
People are always avoiding my smash4suks tag. And tr4shbros tag. And BRAWL>S4 tag.

There's been times where I've encountered the same person who tried to avoid me then they play me and get wrecked

Top Bottom