• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who does Villager struggle against?

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
There is a crazy good Villager player in my region so just in case I ever go head-to-head with him in tournament, who are some good picks against Villager and why?

I know. Some of you may be wondering why I am asking this question when it says in my signature that I main Villager basically meaning I should know the answer to this based on experience playing him. I may soon take off Villager from my signature since I havent played him in a while due to mediocre results I have been getting online and in tournament.

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
Cloud's mobility and huge hit boxes save me from competent Villagers. Limit beam punishes sling shot spam, just don't use it all willy nilly. Limit cross slash also covers his path to a ledge snap via up b pretty well. Down tilt can slide unde Lloid if you do it as he's using it. Free hit into possible up tilt up air combo or up tilt sour spot full hop dair.I haven't done an intense study of the matdair, but I'd give Villager a... Cloudy day.

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
Cloud's mobility and huge hit boxes save me from competent Villagers. Limit beam punishes sling shot spam, just don't use it all willy nilly. Limit cross slash also covers his path to a ledge snap via up b pretty well. Down tilt can slide under Lloid if you do it as he's using it. Free hit into possible up tilt up air combo or up tilt sour spot full hop dair.I haven't done an intense study of the matchup, but I'd give Villager a... Cloudy day.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
If y'all are pitted against a deft :rosalina:, know that aside from good Luma play wise usage of her Gravitational Pull will render your zoning game ineffective. But y'all can mess up her approach with the slingshot since she's pretty large.

Yeah...she'll give the little guy/girl some trouble but IIRC it's only a slightly advantageous matchup.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Villager outright hates Mewtwo, Cloud, Marth, Mega man, and to some extent fox, these characters all screw villager over in some way that makes the MU a living hell for him to do.

diop

Smash Rookie
I'd agree with Cloud and Marth, there are other tough match-ups but those one I think are pretty disadvantageous for Villager and pretty easy characters to pick-up. A campy Cloud is the least enjoyable thing in the game for me.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Bascially Villager is one of the many characters that rued the day the entire DLC roster came out.

Struggles vs Cloud, Mewtwo and surprisigly Bayo despite Villager having a lot of tools to deal with her on paper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom