• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think you will main in Smash Ultimate?

Imfrikinbad

Smash Cadet
Marth most likely. I'm definitely open to try out all the characters, but Marth has always been my boy. If I had to choose a second, I think it would be Cloud since I played him a lot in Smash4.

Nintendo64isking

Smash Rookie
difficult to say, the newcomers im most interested in are Ridley, K Rool and Simon, so I will be playing alot with them.

Characters from other smash titles that I will be playing once again are for sure the three Links, Samus (and Dark Samus now), Mewtwo, Marth, Ganondorf and Dedede

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Bowser Jr because I love the cheese

Then other characters I would play from time to time would be Luigi, Mr Game & Watch, Ike and Olimar

Can't wait to finally own a Smash game again

SL1K

Smash Rookie
Game and Watch is always fun, but I'm looking forward to trying Pichu in a game that he (hopefully) isn't god awful in

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying, there's no way in hell I won't play Chrom. And I'm gonna stick with my boi Alph. I also very like Dark Pit as a character, and I also generally like his and Pit's movesets so I'll be going for him for sure.
Out of the unique newcomers thus far, Isabelle has me most interested. Meanwhile, Kirby got his burning dash attack back, which tempts me into trying him out again, but not sure if he's gonna be one of my go-to's.
mainlistv1.png

Last edited:

Mr.GoodTimes

Smash Rookie
Main that’s such a hard choice when everyone looks so fun! I know I definitely gotta stick with the Mains: :ultsonic::ultmewtwo::ultlittlemac: but everyone, especially :ultkrool:are looking real tempting!

Last edited:

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Probably sticking with ROB, but I will definitely give Simon and Richter a whirl as well as Piranha. None of the other newcomers call to me. Maybe I will bring Snake back into my rotation and refine my Duck Hunt skills.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Since the whole roster has been revealed here is my new list of characters that I will main and play for fun. (List might change)

Mains: :ultpeach:/:ultdaisy::ultwolf::ultfox::ultincineroar:
Secondaries: :ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultjigglypuff::ultkrool:
Thirds: :ultroy::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultfalco::ultbowserjr:(Roy Koopa)
For Fun::ultrosalina::ultpokemontrainer:(Charizard):ultzelda::ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer:(Male Trainer) :ultbayonetta:
Others::ultgreninja: :ultrobin::ultisabelle: :ultpiranha::ultsimon::ultken::ultmetaknight::ultduckhunt::ultsnake::ultcorrin:

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
:ultkrool:, :ultbowser:, :ultincineroar:, :ultbayonetta: (sue me)

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
I currently plan to main Young Link. Reasons being that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of my favourite games of all time and I have always loved playing as Young Link in Melee. In Melee however, I often felt I couldn't play Young Link because I just wasn't good enough to take wins with him unless putting in a lot of time. It's just easier to pick Fox/Falco/Jigglypuff instead.

He's looking real good in Ultimate though so I'm very happy about that. Truth be told though, I wont know who I will really main until I've played the game a whole lot. Maybe I find another character is just too much fun and keep Young Link as a secondary. I'm excited to find out!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
MyUltimateMains.png

Link and Young Link will always be my true mains, but I've taken special interest in Simon, so he'll get the same treatment as them. Even so, I like learning how to play with the entire roster, though if there were two characters among this Ultimate roster I'd end up playing slightly more seriously with, it'd be Luigi and Snake.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It changed quite a bit for me after seeing all the gameplay.
I'm likely going with Daisy, Pichu, and Isabelle.

There's more that I'm looking at, and It could all change too once I actually play :p But right now I feel pretty good about the characters I'm thinking of picking up.

Trambo

Smash Cadet
I'm interested in taking a newcomer to be my main this time around so

Newcomer Main choices::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultpiranha:
If old roster
:ultluigi::ultsnake::ultganondorf:

Knowing me I will just say a character is my main to please my friends lol

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I feel like I need at least 3 characters to focus on and have fun with.
I'm not entirely sure on one of the characters I want to use more, but there's quite a few characters I want to play around with anyway. I'll see what I end up liking best after release.

I'm sure everyone will have their own way to decide who they like to play more :)

Last edited:

LucR

Smash Rookie
After watching some leaked gameplay, Inklings and the Belmonts are looking reeeal nice...

Ragnorok_Kitty

Smash Rookie
:ultken::ultcorrin::ultrichter::ultzss::ultcloud::ulttoonlink::ultlink:

In order of interest. I haven't played since the beginning of smash 4 so I would like to try out everyone I missed/new and go from there. Buuuut Ken looks super fun

Perk

need coffee
I'll probably try the Belmont's but I like Ike a lot so I'll main him.
came here to say this exactly. Belmonts look legit, as does Ike. But seeing Simon and Richter in this game really got me hype for it, ill at least dedicate some time to them no matter what.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman

Arranged into a hierarchy of usage, by mains, secondaries and tertiaries. Super subject to change once the game it out since I plan to try out everyone and I don't know who will really feel right to play, but these are my top priority characters! Would like to trim it down to a more manageable level, too, because that is a lot of characters.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
From most time put in to least time.
Smash Mains.png

The anime sword power rangers as I like to call them.

Chewshoe

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 5411-6654-4034
I mean as much as I like Mr. Game & Watch, I don't know if I should main him in Ultimate. It seems his air combo game has gotten worse with his new fair. Or maybe I just suck and don't know how to play him now. Seems to me that I probably just suck but I can't do any of those crazy combos with G&W that I could do with him in Brawl and Smash 4.

That being said, I'll probably main Lucario, Link, or Mewtwo. But for now, my side icon will stay as G&W.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Lmao @ people with like 17 mains lol. If you plan to even remotely touch competitive play I can’t stress enough how bad of an idea that is. You are literally spreading your improvement amongst 17 characters, and you’re gonna end up with 17 mediocre characters, rather that 2-3 amazing characters. But hey, if you just plan on playing quickplay or with friends, go crazy I guess. ;)

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
:ultness: No doubt

Still haven’t decided on a secondary. It’s either Wolf, Lucina, or possibly Inkling

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
:ultlink:

I tried some characters online and samus and Link stood out the most for me as they have a anwers for many other chars due to their projectiles. But i stick with link because i like his close range options better. Also the remote bomb gives you infinite possibilities to use it.

When i discovered his weak matchups I’ll decide on a secondary. What do you think his bad matchups are and what secondary fits him the best ?!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I tried out Chrom a few weeks ago and I really liked him. I want to main at least a few swordies other than Cloud.

Top Bottom