• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think you will main in Smash Ultimate?

SUBJ3CT

Smash Rookie
Just a question, as Smash Ultimate is coming out soon, so with the information that we currently have, who are you thinking about playing?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Samus, as always. I'll be using the entire Metroid roster. I'll have to see how Sheik works. I never saw myself using so many characters, but it seems to be the smart thing to do with a huge roster.

SUBJ3CT

Smash Rookie
I am thinking on maining :ultcloud::ultlucina::ultinkling::ultchrom::ultdoc::ultpichu: all these characters are either mains I've had in previous games or characters that I'm most interested in.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
another one of these threads? Alright then, good excuse as any to update my list.

Ultimate Maining Predictions V1.5.png

EDIT: edited to deconsolidate tiers, adjust placements and include Fire Ryu, Heel Cat, and Plant Boi. I will not adjust this list until I have played Ultimate, at which point it will no longer be a Maining Prediction Tier List and instead just be a Tier List on Who I Main Vs. Who I Don't.

Attachments

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I’ll probably try out every new character, as well as the DLC characters I didn’t previously buy. I’ll also probably stick with previous mains like Dedede and Lucina.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers and Wolf as always.
I'll try everyone out though. I'm interested in K. Rool and Simon.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Mostly ROB and Olimar, but also a bit of Toon Link and Bowser Jr (for fun). I'd especially like to use Olimar more: I didn't use him all that much in Smash 3ds as I didn't like micromanaging the Pikmin on a tiny screen. If any of my most wanted get in, I'll main them for sure, but I don't think any of them are that likely (at least not for the base game).

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I am historically been the kind of player who has upwards of 70% of his playtime with a single character, but I want to branch out a bit. I'm hoping to use the following three characters a lot in this game:

:ultkrool: - My most wanted newcomer.
:ultrob: - My Smash 4 main.
:ulticeclimbers: - My Brawl main.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ness again, backed by Jigglypuff, Lucario, Snake, Pac-Man, and K. Rool.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Easy.
:ultrobin
No doubt about it.

As for secondaries, I haven't the slightest idea whom. Is there any videogame character I like as much as Robin? If so, are they in Smash? Those are the questions I'm still asking myself to this day.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I don't really do "mains" per se I like to play with a bunch of different characters no need to limit yourself with a roster of 70+ characters IMO.

My list is located in my signature. But I'll list all the characters I play/will play:

:ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultmario::ultwolf::ultwario::ultvillager::ultridley::ultdarkpit::ultlittlemac::ultlink::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultroy::ultike::ultduckhunt::ultfalcon::ultmewtwo::ultyoshi:

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
:ultmario::ultdiddy::ultganondorf: I've played them in every game possible.

:ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer: Favorites from Brawl returning.

:ultkrool: Favorite newcomer

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:ultchrom: without a shadow of a doubt.

:ultmarth::ultlittlemac::ultmewtwo::ultmario::ultgreninja: will still get lots of playtime though.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Larry was my main in Smash 4, but it looks like I'll be swapping over to King K. Rool. I'll always have plenty of reptile love to go around though!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
:ultness: as always.

:ultike::ultfalcon::ultwario::ultluigi::ultlittlemac:& :ultdk: for back-up mains.

:ultpokemontrainer: as a returning main I’m excited to play again.

:ultkrool: & :ultinkling: for newcomer tryouts.

Last edited:

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I'll be maining :ultlucario: and :ultlucas:for sure, and I'll definitely be using :ulticeclimbers:, :ultkirby:, and :ultgreninja: a ton too.

Here's the full list as of right now:

0258e21066353dce9c3d659ade832f4b.png

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
S
The boys are guaranteed to be mains regardless of tier almost entirely. I like them all.
Ike, however, will exclusively be the Path of Radiance design. Reminds me of Smash Brawl.
A
They're likely to be a main. They're cool, and I can probably work with them.
I won't hesitate to drop one if they're bottom tier though.
B
I'm optimistic about these fighters. I will be sure that none of them slip my mind.
I like them, however, I won't main them if they turn out to be bad.
C
I don't see myself being half bad with these fighters, and most of them look pretty nice.
It's unlikely I will main any of these fighters however due to lack of true interest.
D
All of them are way out of line for my play style. Alternatively, they just may not look cool.
I won't ever play them unless random is unkind to me. Usually, I would lose in that case.
E
I have a personal vendetta against them for various reasons. I have zero interest in them.
I still won't consider them even if they're top tier, and I feel like one in particular will.
F
At least I can understand why fighters in E tier were added into the game.
Why were these fighters even considered for Smash in the first place?
Likelyhood of Main Tier List.png

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
7787342B-6548-4C1A-AD68-7CDC7182D89F.jpeg

Here it is. This obviously very tentative, but this is it for now. If Geno gets in, he will definitely be in Da Squad, and if Skull Kid gets in, he will have a new tier for himself as a perma-main.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Since we're using tier lists now, I might as well join in on the fun. Here's mine.
chrome_2018-10-13_19-43-25.png

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
1536007346.png

This was made before :ultisabelle: was announced so put Isabelle in "Secondaries", 3rd tier are characters I will use if I just want to **** around with my friends. Like if I'm on a winning streak I'll bust out a character from tier 3 to give them a slight fighting chance. Tier 4 are characters that I SUCK with but won't mind playing as if we're on random or something. "Will not use" are characters I just don't care that much for.

Lexlanson

Smash Rookie
:ultolimar::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer: are gonna be my main three I think this time around.

If also like to try out :ultpokemontrainer:since I really enjoyed him in brawl.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
:ultsnake: - Definitely gonna main my dude Snake since he's finally back.
:ultsimon::ultrichter: - I can't wait to play as Simon and Ricter since they are so faithful to the Castlevania franchise. Will try to main them for sure.
:ultwiifittrainer: - I liked her play style in Smash 4, but she looks way more viable this time around so I'm looking forward to trying her out too.

And I'll likely keep my other 2 mains from Smash 4, :ultness: and :ultdoc:.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
At what point is it no longer even considered maining?
I expect to play a significant amount of these characters in no particular order, except K. Rool will likely end up being my primary bb but idk because these are all characters I love

:ultkrool::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultkingdedede::ultryu::ultridley::ultpacman::ultmetaknight:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Decided to re-do my list to include Isabelle and better order the other characters.
Course it's still subject to change, especially when the game comes out, only Yoshi is set in stone to remain on top.~

D

Deleted member

Of course her! :)
tumblr_pa82tlCYkN1u1ry24o1_500.gif

And im ready for more hate, amd more salt online. And im ready for people to tell me im an idiot, and bottom tier trash again. But hopefully she will be good enough to combat those words this game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Samus, as always. I'll be using the entire Metroid roster. I'll have to see how Sheik works. I never saw myself using so many characters, but it seems to be the smart thing to do with a huge roster.

I need professional help :yoshi:
Of course her! :)
View attachment 169806

And im ready for more hate, amd more salt online. And im ready for people to call me im an idiot, and bottom tier trash again. But hopefully she will be good enough to combat those words this game :)
Well, we do have quite a number of loyalists here. I like that...

Anyways, the answer is easy: :ultdaisy: is damn sure going to be my main since I am a loyalist to :ultpeach:. As for secondaries, it is certain to be :ultisabelle:. Otherwise, my signature speaks for itself...

The newcomers will be interesting to train in the lab with, that having been said.

Sayonara :kirby:

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm thinking that my main will just appear naturally. I'll play everyone, and choose based on who I enjoy the most.

Still, I'm REALLY interested in Simon/Richter's moveset. Long range attacks and multiple projectile moves is always something I enjoy. That's mostly why my main list is heavily filled with Links, haha.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mix of Corrin, ZS Samus, and Cloud like Smash 4, although Simon looks interesting

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
All y'all hating on Miis will never know what it's like to kick someone's ass as Hank Hill.

Seriously, with the Miis you can play as ANYONE! How does that not appeal to everybody?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
All y'all hating on Miis will never know what it's like to kick someone's *** as Hank Hill.

Seriously, with the Miis you can play as ANYONE! How does that not appeal to everybody?
The design of Miis both in Smash and in the Mii creation software were pretty limited. I wanted to create a Mii for my avatar immediately after getting a copy of Smash 4, but I could not do so because there were vast limitations that really blocked people from making the characters they love. Plus, they all sucked so bad in Smash 4 that they didn't even make the tier list. They couldn't even be used online or in tournaments.

Much like many things in Smash 4, they had potential, but were poorly executed on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom