• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre-Release Who do you think will be nerfed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddledingo

Smash Cadet
NNID
lucamaltese1
3DS FC
0276-3432-5975
Switch FC
SW-5490-4392-0531
Who do you guys think with be nerfed within smash 5?
My picks for nerfs are

Bayonetta
Cloud
Mario
ZSS

I think Diddy will be fine, he's not too broken unlike Bayonetta. I have no reason behind these as of right now but if you guys do or have any nerfs let me know below.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
More nerfs for :ultbayonetta: and some for :ultsnake: (don’t know why, but I feel like he’d get nerfed over something)

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
We’ve already seen Cloud nerfed since his Limit Break form has an expiration. I think that’s a fair change but we’ll see if he needs anything more.

Then of course there’s Bayo. There’s already talk of nerfing her more after MkLeo’s performance at the invitational. I don’t want her to be completely destroyed, just not the clear best character in the game a la smash 4.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder who will be this game's broken fighter after all these nerfs.

daddledingo

Smash Cadet
NNID
lucamaltese1
3DS FC
0276-3432-5975
Switch FC
SW-5490-4392-0531
I wonder who will be this game's broken fighter after all these nerfs.
My money's on ice climbers lol

We’ve already seen Cloud nerfed since his Limit Break form has an expiration. I think that’s a fair change but we’ll see if he needs anything more.

Then of course there’s Bayo. There’s already talk of nerfing her more after MkLeo’s performance at the invitational. I don’t want her to be completely destroyed, just not the clear best character in the game a la smash 4.
Thank lord, I can't stand Bayonetta.

Oh god no he's bad as it is
King Dedede

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Based on the demo, the only characters who seem clearly and specifically worse from Smash 4 are Bayonetta and Cloud.

Sonic lost an important spammy defensive tool, but otherwise seems to got a variety of buffs. Various adjustments seem to make Fox worse, but it's premature to call even without future changes considered. Corrin got a small-but-clear nerf to side-b and is otherwise unchanged.

All of these adjustments can be discussed holistically in the overall changes thread, and Smash 4 character performance can be discussed in the appropriate place as well. I'm going to lock this topic for being too speculative.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I played Smash Ultimate at CEO and played about 5 games of Bowser, my main. And to be honest I'm not a fan of his changes, no more combo throws, and he felt kind of slower. He's pretty much back to being Smash 4 Bowser before the throw changes. Regardless of it, I'm always loyal to the king, so I'll be picking him up again anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom