• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who covers ike's matchups

yazy117

Smash Rookie
im loving ike, i love hitting like a truck from a mile a way. ive been messing around with a few others but i feel like i keep gravitating to characters that have similar strengths and weaknesses to ike so im wondering who i could pick up that can cover some of his weaker matchups that wont be completely different from his play style. i really have been trying to learn pikachu since he has a great recovery and a good combo game (things ike kinda lacks) but i just have a terrible time closing with him unless i get a good edge guard which i dont get a lot of practice doing on ike. i do like mewtwo a lot but im just afraid he is going to be too similar to ike (long range, high killpower) to cover any of ike's bad matchups

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's still too early in the meta to give a meaningful answer here.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Tbh I don't think you really need a secondary for ike, I don't think he actually has any matchups worse than a -1 or maybe a -1.5, all of the top tiers bar maybe Olimar and Pikachu seem decently feasible for Ike to win against.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Ike seems to have difficulty with very small characters/characters who can squish their hitbox down often (most notably, Pichu and Inkling) and avoid his nair for setups.
I think getting a secondary that can reliably hit these little boogers or are fast enough to keep up with their tiny shenanigans is a good idea, like perhaps Marth/Lucina, Yoshi, Sonic, or any of the Links.

I'm just going off of the issues I seem to experience personally with Ike, I could be dead wrong of course.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Just from what limited meta knowledge we have now, I would have to say Marth or Lucina is a great pocket character to have for any sword main. Any small character that hits low is good to pair with Ike. If it's projectiles that plagues you, go with projectile counters like Fox or Ness.

Top Bottom