• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Are Your Best Characters?

KonnerD07

Smash Rookie
So, Who are your best characters (Little Z) in Smash Ultimate? Here are mine.

Mario:ultmario:

Donkey Kong:ultdk:

Link:ultlink:

Luigi:ultluigi:

Pikachu:ultpikachu:

Captain Falcon:ultfalcon:

Bowser:ultbowser:

Dr. Mario:ultdoc:

Ness:ultness:

Pichu:ultpichu:

Young Link:ultyounglink:

Ganondorf:ultganondorf:

Mewtwo:ultmewtwo:

Roy:ultroy:

Chrom:ultchrom:

Mr. Game and Watch:ultgnw:

Wario:ultwario:

Ike:ultike:

King Dedede:ultkingdedede:

R.O.B:ultrob:

Pokemon Trainer:ultpokemontrainerf:

Little Mac:ultlittlemac:

Palutena:ultpalutena:

Robin:ultrobin:

Inkling :ultinkling:

King K. Rool:ultkrool:

Ridley:ultridley:

Isabelle:ultisabelle:

Hero:ulthero:

I'm like Little Z I have a lot of best characters!

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
:ultpacman: by a country mile. He's the only one I do consistent with. :ultincineroar: is second as I've been doing pretty decently even in match ups that are quite bad for him. Been putting in loads of work with :ulthero: so I can figure things out and better prepare for facing him but ultimately have had loads of fun using him. Last I'd say :ultridley: is my fourth best.

I feel I do 'well' with most the roster in general but, yeah, Pac-Man is my carry.

Last edited:

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
Cloud is not necessarily my favorite FF character, but I love the Final Fanatsy series ans thus chose to him to main specifically, when I first purchased ultimate and decided to practice more seriously and become better at the game.

Otherwise beforehand I just played for fun and hardly had a preference. I guess I favoured Link, and Pikachu since I was always a big Zelda fan and also I used to love Pokémon and just enjoyed playing as Pikachu. I used to like Donkey Kong actually on the n64 version, just for the same reason, I thought he was really fun to play as. I just loved to kamikaze opponents with his grapple and and his charge punch.

That being said, it irks me how seemingly ‘cursed’ they made Cloud in Smash bros. His terrible floating run he does and jus tin General his animation and the colours they used on him are a little weird looking. But it’s partially why he’s cool, I love the way he literally stabs you with his sword. I guess they must have taken the gliding from Dissidia perhaps? I guess Final Fantasy is somewhat cursed though. It’s the same with Megaman...

It’s strange but Cloud I think probably fits my playing style out of all the characters in th game. Now as far as the other characters, I haven’t really decided, I enjoy them all in different ways, so I can’t choose very easily. I don’t want to pick someone already very popular but I like playing as link as well. Ike also I find myself strangely enjoying.:ultcloud::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultzss:

Last edited:

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
Oh I almost forgot, I was a big fan of Megaman growing up as I had this old used hand me down nes and I used to play Megaman on them all the time and I just foun dmyself enamoured by them and quickly grew to really love Megaman as a character for some reason. So I’ve practiced with Megaman as well, ans why I like the character becuse ehes considered a heavyweight and has good defense and is actuslly kind of nimble (and I love how he’s like an Android human) he’s not really fast and hard hitting or with that sharp feeling I’m used to with characters I take to naturally.:ultmegaman::ultmegaman::ultmegaman::ultmegaman:

I like Zero Suit Samus as well, but again I haven’t decided yet. I used to really love Zelda when she could transform into Shiek. I guess Zelda OoT is old now, but it kind of ruined the character for me as a result. I find Shiek kind of an awkward character on their one seperately like this.

OoT Ganondorf is still in it, but what is that? He seems a little strange and out of place, only like they’re mocking the players even more, what is with Ganondorf? Oh look, he has a sword now, ha ha very funny. But he’s still a complete Captain Falcon clone still, why is that? Why does he have such a big grin on his face all the time? Is he a Captsij Falcon clone or is Captain falcon a clone of Ganon? Why does the Ganon demon, why does he have his own moves and a sword but they can’t make a playable version of him? Would he be too much like Bowser? Or just another Link clone? Are there too many sword fighters as it is?

What is with Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
My best is probably :ultlemmy: weirdly enough. Though I'm also not too bad with :ultkrool:, :ultlucina:, :ultpiranha:, :ultridley:, :ultzelda:, and :ultwiifittrainer:. Plus I'm working on my :ultbanjokazooie:.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Zelda, Palutena, Peach, Robin, Corrin, Lucina, and Joker. I'm decent with Ridley on the side as well. I'm good with Terry in KoF, so probably him too lol.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:ultlink:-My definitive best character
:ultdarksamus:-Best cadidate for my second best in the game as I do have a decent amount of success with her:ultsamus: Is probably slightly worse but still generally the same but I usually opt for DS anyways.
:ultganondorf::ultroy:-a few other characters I do well with probably be tertiary picks
:ultpalutena::ultzss::ultzelda::ultridley::ultcloud::ultlucina:-other characters in my general rotation

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Mained :ultganondorf: since Melee, but lately I've had a ton of success with :ultbowser: and I think I'm migrating mains. Which makes me sad, because I like the Dorf, but results are results.

Subbed :ultpeach::ultdaisy: since Melee, but my Ganon/Bowser have gotten so much better than her that I don't know if I'll ever bring her out in competitive. I've also done about as well with :ultbrawler: as I have Paisy, so I think I can call both of them subs.

Then there's just a bunch of other characters I enjoy playing and am decent with for friendlies, but definitely would not attempt them in a serious match.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I've converted almost fully to Wario in Ultimate.

When I'm trynna have fun?
It's Wario time.

When I'm trynna win?
It's Wario time.

When I'm trynna shorthop nair into three up-airs into a waft?
Wario time baby.

I pull out Ness from time to time as the years of playing him are deeply engrained in my soul. I also have a pocket Young Link I pull out for certain matchups. Not really into characters that test Wario's spacing.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:ultsonic: :ultmegaman: and :ultcloud: are my most consistent characters, although I lose focus easily as :ultsonic: when my options are blocked, and I become super readable apparently.

I want :ulthero: to be my best, but I ocassionally get 3-stocked by rushdowners.

All of these are mostly matchup-dependant, but they’re definitely my top boyz.
Maybe I have better characters, but I only play out of series loyalty.
:ulthero: :ultsonic: :ultmegaman: :ultcloud:

Last edited:
Top Bottom