• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Who are you rooting for at EVO?

Do you think Bill Trinen will do well at EVO?

• Total voters

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
Ignore the poll at the top of the thread, I created this thread before I heard that Trinen was not playing at EVO.
Other than that, who are you rooting for at EVO. I usually root for Nairo, so I will probably root for him again.

Last edited:

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Trinen won't be coming to EVO because he knows Reggie will wreck him in Loser's Finals before going on to destroy ZeRo :yeahboi:

In all seriousness, I'm rooting for Nairo as well. Hopefully he'll figure out how to successfully counter ZeRo's Sheik this time... I was just watching a set between him and Nietono(?) where he got beat as Zero Suit but switched to Pit and managed to barely take the win, so we might be in for some Pit action this time around.
Although ironically, this set was actually the background for one of ZeRo's most recent videos

Last edited:

RoyIsOurBoy_TTG

Smash Journeyman
For Smash 4, I'm rooting for ZeRo to lose, and that's pretty much it. And also to see if Mewtwo does anything, which seems unlikely.

For Melee, I'm rooting for PPMD. The Man, The Myth, The Doctor.

Last edited:

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
PP and Armada

s2j and that little dude wizzrobe really catch my attention

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
John Numbers, DaPuffster, and FOW for Smash 4.

Hbox for Melee.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
In Smash 4, I'm cheering for Nairo and John Numbers all the way. Very fun players to watch and generally cool I people.

As for Melee, I'm hoping to see some more Ken and Hungrybox. Glad to hear Ken making it to top 32 for sure.

And of course, in both games, I'm for aMSa all the way. It's a shame his performance here isn't as hot as he did in Apex 2015, but I'm still not counting him out yet!

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
In Sm4sh, I'm obviously rooting for Regi who managed to get to top 32 winners' side with an amazing G&W.
I also like John Numbers' WFT and Dapuffster's Brawler.

Don't really know who are in losers' side since bracket is not updated yet. I heard that Wii Twerk Trainer may have defeated DK Will for a spot in top 32. If that's true I would be very happy. I love his WFT !

BJT

Smash Rookie
Really hoping that mango can pull this out, but it would be great to see PPMD or armada take it, too. As for Smash 4 it's all about Nairo taking out Zero. His wicked rule will end some day, and may today be that day.

NeoGC

Smash Rookie
NNID
NeoGC64
3DS FC
4914-3214-6776
Rooting for Eikelmann and Hungrybox (Gotta support my Florida bros~) as well as Ken (Because I'm just a fan), Mang0, PPMD and PewPewU.

IoSSBM

Smash Cadet
I hope to see M2K make top 3, because I know he won't win. I'd bet on it. I also hope HBox can take it this year. As for Sm4sh, I hope a low tier makes a decent placing.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i want m2k to win EVO like i want Liverpool to win EUROPA

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Melee - Hbox
Smash 4 - Zero

I want zero to reclaim his throne. It was so good for the meta for zero to be this untouchable force. I want to see that again.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I'm rooting for myself at EVO. at least in pokken ;)

Course if pools aren't shuffled again I didn't see any names that I recognized for sm4sh so there's that.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Kamemushi and Ranai, all day all the way baby

The Final Paradox

Smash Rookie
I'm rooting for Leffen. If he's on point, he's not going to drop a set the entire tournament. He's clearly shown he has what it takes to do so (GOML), and he's also shown that he has what it takes to get ****ing rekt (EGLX). Leffen for life: :foxmelee: :GCD::GCB::GCY::GCD::GCB::GCY: mishun compree

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
Melee: Mang0 (M2k, Lucky, Plup, S2J, Armada) Sad PPMD withdrew KreyThump. Hope HBox loses. Hope Leffen loses.
Sm4sh: Nairo (anyone still playing Sheik and M2K). Hope ZeRo loses. Hope all other Cloud players lose.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Definitely rooting for Trela. I do hope Nairo and Zero do well.
Which brings up another point: why do so many people want Zero to lose?

Top Bottom