• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most difficult players you’ve faced online?

Craigerson

Smash Rookie
There are a few players out there who give me a hard time. Who are your biggest challenges? Here are mine.

Regulus - King Dedede
Nah - Robin
R u ok? - Terry

I also played against a really good Samus but I can’t remember his/her name. It was a really basic name but that’s all I can remember. There are also al lot of other fun and good players out there but I just listed the most difficult ones for me.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
in QP its Pikachu, and Pichu because of how easy they can string into back air online. Second would be Joker because his moves come out really fast especially his tilts and then there's aresene. Banjoo is also a problem because of egg spam, it gives him good stage control

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I haven't really noticed any regulars on Quickplay. I may be running into the same opponents and not recognizing their names, but more likely it's that I'm not yet at a level where I'm seeing a pool of players exclusive enough for me to start picking out specific names.

What GSP range / how deep in ES are you to start seeing regulars like this? I'm curious.

Last edited:

Craigerson

Smash Rookie
Once you get into elite smash or close to it you will see a lot of regulars.

Last edited:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Once you get into elite smash or close to it you will see a lot of regulars.
Hmm, I must really be not paying attention. I've been hovering around 5740000 to 5760000 or so and haven't noticed a single duplicate player, beyond occasionally running into the same opponent more than once per session of play, but even then I typically just remember the character / skin they used, rather than the names.

I've certainly ran into some people that seemed to be really good, but kind of just instantly forget their name after the match is over (unless it's something funny, such as a guy I ran into who was named Ih8Hero, ironically, playing as Hero).

Approximately where are you queuing from? Maybe the area I live in just has a larger pool. I'm in Raleigh, NC, so I'm probably frequently queuing into people from major population centers such as NY / NJ / Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, and other places the game likely deems I have a reasonable latency with. If you live somewhere that's further away from large population centers, you may have less potential people to queue against, which could result in this phenomenon.

Last edited:

Craigerson

Smash Rookie
I live in Houston, Tx

I look at everybody’s name before the match starts. And if I get beat pretty badly I normally won’t forget their name. Especially if I get a smoked in multiple rematches.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I live in Houston, Tx

I look at everybody’s name before the match starts. And if I get beat pretty badly I normally won’t forget their name. Especially if I get a smoked in multiple rematches.
Ahhh, yeah you should be near a lot of queuing players too then. Honestly, I probably just am not paying attention. I'll start trying to remember the names of my opponents more often.

Actually, I just checked my Switch smash stats:

999 tags recorded

2884 total wins

Sorted by wins:

20 vs Danny
18 vs Run4UrLife
12 vs Voltriseka
12 vs Deadly327
12 vs angreinhar
11 vs Tsu (from Canada, interestingly. Figured that'd be too far for me to connect with and have a reasonable latency)
11 vs Alex
10 vs Ej
10 vs DarkStrike
10 vs Mr. Magz
10 vs Hope092
10 vs Hector
10 vs Arieon
10 vs Logan
10 vs Goober
10 vs DarkSeraph
10 vs stevenplay
10 vs ajf311
10 vs (Not)Roman
10 vs Ivan
10 vs Echriser
<10 vs everyone else

I've clearly queued into at least a few players several times, as, if you assume a 50% win rate, I must've fought Danny at least 40 times and do not recall it at all. That certainly couldnt've been through just one sitting, as usually I'll end up with 3-5 matches per person I run into if they elect to rematch me.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I faced a lot of difficult players online in the past, but the one that was of the toughest I ever played with was drvillain. The guy was a blast to play with because we when played, it was almost like a DBZ fight. He's on my friend's list so I can call him for a match whenever he feels like it. But I haven't played with the guy since Smash 4, mainly because I kind of retire from online play sometime a couple of years ago. The lag getting worst plus my Internet connection stopped me from playing competitive Smash online. Next time I decide to play competitively with pro players or people in general, it will definitely be at a local tournament or something.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I've clearly queued into at least a few players several times, as, if you assume a 50% win rate, I must've fought Danny at least 40 times and do not recall it at all. That certainly couldnt've been through just one sitting, as usually I'll end up with 3-5 matches per person I run into if they elect to rematch me.
Oddly enough, I came in here to mention Danny. This is what I said in a different topic:

There's a guy named Danny (he added me to his friend list) who pops into my Arena Battles and just... spectates. When he decides to join, he usually uses Piranha Plant and K. Rool, and he typically destroys everyone. If he loses, he'll switch to Mario, but for the most part, he picks characters considered mid tier at best, and he's a beast. Any professional players named Danny? This guy is leagues above most online players I've run into, and his K. Rool is very creative.
The crazy thing is, I also think he's holding back most of the time. He does a lot of random experimental stuff mid-fight. I've gotten wins, but it's never easy.

But I like how I'm in here praising this dude, but for someone else it was just Tuesday, haha. He's not the most difficult player I've fought, but he's the most recurring.

Last edited:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Oddly enough, I came in here to mention Danny. This is what I said in a different topic:

The crazy thing is, I also think he's holding back most of the time. He does a lot of random experimental stuff mid-fight. I've gotten wins, but it's never easy.

Buy I like how I'm in here praising this dude, but for someone else it was just Tuesday.
That is quite interesting. I just checked my smash tags and Danny was apparently quite recent. I've fought him within the last few days, though it sadly doesn't tell me the date.

He has a black Snake icon, US flag. 20 wins, no idea how many losses. I have no idea what character he was playing as, but I don't think it was Snake. I have not encountered a Snake online in the past couple weeks or so that I've been playing, and I've been pretty active lately / been feeling pretty Smash'ey.

If he somehow stumbles upon this thread, I queue as a blue Ridley like 99% of the time. I was 'Matthew' until two days ago, where I finally switched to Predatoria.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Once, in Quickplay, I played against a really good Bayonetta player named Tamim. There is no hard proof that it was actually Tamim who I fought against, and the recording of the game was auto deleted a while ago. Bayonetta was never a good matchup for me (I was playing Dedede), but I managed to fare pretty well in the one game we played. It felt nice knowing I did better than I thought I would against someone who may have been a pro player.

I haven't been online in a while, but I've always gone as "Jason" for my name. I'm considering renaming myself "Kvothe" based on a character from a book I love.

Last edited:

PingleFingle

Smash Rookie
NNID
GummiSharkz
Switch FC
SW-0641-1519-5608
One that happened last night was a Lucas player named "Blucas!". He was doing all sorts of crazy stuff with his Rope Snake/PK Magnet/PK Fire to mix up his recovery, as well as falling up airs for days.
Edit: I've just found out he fought hungrybox on stream a while ago....lmao

Last edited:

Craigerson

Smash Rookie
Just played against Izzy in a ditto Ridley match and he destroyed me :(

btw Ridley is my main

Last edited:

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Just played against Izzy in a ditto Ridley match and he destroyed me :(

btw Ridley is my main
It happens. I ran into a Ridley ditto last week and went, I think, 4-7 against a purple one with Cyber in their name. Our neutral was about equal but he was better at getting me while I was recovering than I was to him.

Craigerson

Smash Rookie
Just struggled against angel who was playing with King K Rool. Pretty much he punished me big time with his shield/grab combo. Plus he’s very smart. I might have gotten lucky and maybe beat him 2 or 3 times out of 10 or 15.

link2702

Smash Champion
there is a zelda out there who i've faced a few times, who's name I now suddenly can't recall (think it started with a b).

He/she was so frustrating because they were flawless at down special setups and frame traps.

I've beaten them maybe like....twice since I've encountered them. All I know is that they're a somewhat notable zelda player, maybe not the best, but still has had results in their local scene.

...of course it might also be that I'm a ganon main, and as time has went on, his flaws have become more and more exploitable.....

Top Bottom