• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are some of your favorite players?

XenoFalcon95

Smash Cadet
Just something I've been curious about with my friends. Who are some of your favorite top players, either in terms of their play or personality?

Jmcc879

Smash Rookie
Mr ConCon and Elegant (Luigi) are crazy entertaining to watch, otherwise I'd say Larry Lurr (Fox)

aquacustom

Smash Rookie
My personal favorite god is mango but he is not the one I respect the most. I respect Hbox much more because of attitude and his personal desicions regarding his life.
Personally on the smaller side I like Omni. Guy keeps it real and I have a bias as I've met him in real life.

Clueless_

Smash Rookie
My favourite player is m2k probably because I seem to always cheer for the underdog and m2k is ranked as the lowest god. However, when someone is losing I always want to see them win even when m2k is against. I know I wanted to see m2k win Canada cup but wanted to see Leffen beat him at the same time. I just always want to see an upset I guess. My most hype viewing moments is when m2k beats hbox though.

Clueless_

Smash Rookie
Omni trash as smash 4 and I haven’t seen him play melee. But he seems like a cool guy and he has some amazing videos. I seem to not be interest in watching them recently. Maybe because he changed his style or maybe because I move around with what I want to watch a lot

aquacustom

Smash Rookie
Omni trash as smash 4 and I haven’t seen him play melee. But he seems like a cool guy and he has some amazing videos. I seem to not be interest in watching them recently. Maybe because he changed his style or maybe because I move around with what I want to watch a lot
Nothing wrong with that man. Like I said I'm bias, guys been nice to me both in person and online so I got an affinity for him. His plays pretty average and he's moved away from smash recently but I don't mind

D

Deleted member

Anyone who mains :icsmelee:, most notably ChuDat and Wobbles. They were the ones to revolutionize their metagame with desynching, wobbling, and chain-throws (oh my). This is what caught my fancy, and I use them secondarily to my girls :peachmelee::zeldamelee:. Finally the way I see it, :icsmelee: grab game is cooler to look at than :4bayonetta:'s 500 different combos.

Sayonara :kirby:

Milky2Milk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydgen29
My "favourite smash player" is actually tie between two players.

:?:

WIFE is one of my favourite players because you can see his love and dedication to the game in the way he plays. But he doesn't really enter that many tournaments anymore.

So the player who I would say is my favourite player is probably:

Mew2King. He is so funny and awkward IRL, but when he plays the game, it's like a Mew2Demon broke out of him because he is so fast and fun to watch. (His Marth is brutal.)

So yeah, M2K is just a cool player.

lol m2k
:starman:

Last edited:

EmptyNess

Smash Cadet
top 10 in no particular order: n0ne, axe, amsa, ppmd, mofo, plup, mang0, zain, bizzarro flame, goomy

JagerCrush

Smash Cadet
My favorite players are PPMD, Plup, Axe (ESAM and Locus in Sm4sh) because of their friendly demeanor. None of them come across as guys who would do anything shady or grimy. They also all seem to carry a level of class. They aren't guys that are cussing nonstop and don't seem obsessed with smoking or drinking to the best of my knowledge.
Since I'm from Tri-state region I'll also root for players such as La Luna or Swedish Delight and I'll root for my region in crew battles (East Coast over West Coast etc.).

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
If it's Melee I would have to say M2K, Hungrybox, and Leffen.

If it's Smash 4--Tweek, ZeRo, Larry Lurr, Void, Mr. R, Elegant, MKLeo, and Salem. It's beautiful when they are fighting each other. So calculated and precise, like a dance they play in neutral.

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who mains :icsmelee:, most notably ChuDat and Wobbles. They were the ones to revolutionize their metagame with desynching, wobbling, and chain-throws (oh my). This is what caught my fancy, and I use them secondarily to my girls :peachmelee::zeldamelee:. Finally the way I see it, :icsmelee: grab game is cooler to look at than :4bayonetta:'s 500 different combos.

Sayonara :kirby:
Not only do I completely agree with this, I also like the signature

Ty Gillis

Smash Rookie
In my early days of pm, I used to love watching Lunchables play Toon Link and Roy but I haven't seen anything from him in a while. :/

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Of the Five, Hungrybox. Of the Top, Wizzrobe. Otherwise, MattDotZeb.

At the time, he was the only one playing a character I cared for, and he and her were consistently the underdog, which is a narrative I really like. Sure, I don't take Hungrybox whole---I dislike the ledge-stalling only tactic he has tried in the past, and he did his ex-gf bogus---but he consistently performs his best and pushes a character no one had faith in ever toward the top. Still my favorite of the Gods and probably won't change.

Wizzrobe for similar reasons. He's taking a character that his former best player said could never win a major and giving everyone serious reasons to doubt that. I really like the optimality of his tech-chasing, which the other Captain Falcons only do occasionally, labelliing it lame or whatever. He has a fantastic recovery, phenomenal edge-guards (at least against Fox, and better than other Falcons), and he's even pioneering the use of lesser utilized moves like f-smash (which I'm sure he uses as a taunt half the time) and raptor boost. He's a legitimate contender for Top Ten in the world and his major win is just on the horizon. You should have been on the train a long time ago.

MattDotZeb might not be "good", but I admire the creative things he did, or tried to do, with Falco---like Phantasm in neutral, and heavy use of f-smash. It resonates with my own playstyle.

In my early days of pm, I used to love watching Lunchables play Toon Link and Roy but I haven't seen anything from him in a while. :/
You have to watch Tourney Locator on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncM7nka-1ME

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
In melee there are four major players for me, being Armada, PPMD, Wobbles and Ice. Armada has such an awesome punish game and has an awesome mental game. PPMD got me to pick up falco and has an incredible neutral. Wobbles has invented alot of sick stuff for ICS and is a super respectable person, also he tries not to rely on his namesake, which is respectable. Ice is the one fox that stands out from the others to me, mainly cause of his crazy technical performance.

In Project M I like ThunderZ, cause dk a sick character and he makes dk look like the best character in the game. Lunchables because I like roy and his roy is awesome. Lastly Malachi because he mastered the ability to dual main peach and sheik.

toonito

Smash Ace
Armada's my favorite player

GOAT Peach, one of the best Foxes in the game, greatest Melee player of all time and a great ambassador for the community.

Freecs

Smash Cadet
ZeRo, Jtails, Izaw, M2K, Ryo, and John Numbers

Last edited:
Top Bottom