• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are some of your favorite Fire Emblem characters?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fire Emblem is, at its core, a character-driven franchise. With hundreds of individual units throughout the series, Fire Emblem is rivaled only by Pokémon (among Nintendo franchises) in the amount of characters the player can grow attached to. This thread serves as a place to talk about those characters.

Who are some of your favorites, and why? Is it their story, their supports, their unit viability, their design? Feel free to praise your favorites.

As well, check out this sorter if you are unsure of who your favorite is.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Forrest is best boy and I will accept no argument on this. He's just happy to be himself and not let anyone give him trouble for it, and I love him for that.

Leon is up there too for similar reasons, and for also being the best example of unrequited love in the series. He's mature enough to accept that Valbar doesn't return his affections, and doesn't spend absolutely every moment he has on screen pining over it or trying to force himself on Valbar.

In the realm of main characters, my vote goes to Sigurd. Not just because he is the most broken unit in the series and its most dashing gentleman (though that helps), but because of the tragedy of his whole story. I don't want to go into spoilers here, but FE4 is one of those games that always makes me cry at a certain point.

Other favourites include Elincia, Soren, Ike, Marth, Catria, Seliph, Leif, Lachesis, Celica, Eirika, Hector, Lucius...let's just say I'd be here all night if I were to name all my favourites and explain what I like about them. :p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'll just copypaste the top 10 from my old sorter results.

1 Minerva
2 Jill
3 Camus
4 Nino
5 Delthea
6 Haar
7 Mia
8 Python
9 Clair
10 Finn

I was going to do another sort but since the sorter hasn't added Heroes OCs I don't see any point.

:v

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will always love Owain.

He's an amazing character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My favorite characters tend to come from my favorite games, as one might expect. The characters are a huge factor in the games for me, so I guess that makes sense. In honor of Fire Emblem: Three Houses being FE16, here are my top sixteen. :p

1. Chrom
2. Virion
3. Celica
4. Merric
5. Marth
6. Caeda
7. Silque
8. Tobin
9. Frederick
10. Hardin
11. Mae
12. Lena
13. Saber
14. Minerva
15. Tiki
16. Julian

From there it becomes a bit more fluid. Ogma, Valbar, Olivia, Sumia, Lucina, Alm, Boey, Genny, Leon, Jeorge, Camus, Cain, Palla, Jagen, Owain, Beck, Laurent, Yukimura, Gerik, L'Arachel, Hector, Nino, Pent, Louise, Basilio, Lissa, Innes, Matthew, Clive, Luthier, Xane, Arthur, Draug, Gordin, Nyna, Catria, Clair, Forsyth, Stahl, Lorenz, Barst, Katarina, Cordelia, Libra, Berkut, Python, Inigo, Cynthia, Wrys, Arden, Lachesis, Tethys, Lewyn, Sonya, Jesse, Gray, Gregor, Felicia, Michalis, Maribelle, Canas, Takumi, Oboro, and Lukas are all characters I really like, but their exact spots on my favorites list fluctuates, but those characters more or less make up the top eighty for me.

I'll probably do some in-depth posting on some of my favorites when I get some more time. Maybe I'll even make it a regular thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Joshua is easily my favorite character in the entire series. From his design simply looking so good(the hat!), to his character that ranges from his chill personality that would make him someone just fun to hang around with to his more mature side in recognizing his responsibilities as the prince of Jehanna and natural sass when avenging his mother.

After him, Nino would be my favorite female character and favorite FE7 one, she's simply a good person thrown in a really bad situatuin where even the silver linings she found ended badly so she's that character you just want to see get a happy ending(which kinda happens).

Hector as my favorite lord and 3rd favorite, he's a character that's all about loyalty and that's the trait I value the most, not to mention he neatly falls under Chaotic Good, meaning he's someone who will do what he's gotta do regardless if it makes him look bad.

Then there's Forrest, a character that I simply did not expect to find buried between the Fates children in a game known for overusing anime tropes, he's by far the best example of the Wholesome Crossdresser trope I've seen in fiction and it really makes me happy he's just so realistic and relatable, especially when most Japanese media tend to just make these characters a walking joke. He was an incredibly pleasent surprise and probably the best thing to come out of Fates. Period.

And then, my favorite villain is obviously Lyon. Regardless of which route you take with his character, a frail and weak boy who only wanted to help everyone out but accidentally made everything worse and died by the hands of the Demon King or someone with a strong enough conviction to surpass the Demon King out of a need to prove to others he's actually strong born from an inferiority complex. Lyon is tragic and somewhat relatable either way, even if his intentions and actions differ between routes.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't know why, but My Units/self-inserts always tend to be my favorite. Maybe it's because of how they're supposed to be me, but I see them as their own character instead, so it's more like me seeing myself in them. ...I think. Anyway, here's how I would list them.
  1. M!Robin
  2. M!Kris
  3. Mark
  4. Kiran/Summoner
I'd have Corrin as number 5, but I haven't played their game, so I have no sentimental value towards them, unlike the others.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm good with posting my top 20.

1.Hector
2.Takumi
3.Robin
4.Gray
5.Joshua
6.Canas
7. Mae
8.Owain
9.Lyon
10.Oboro
11.Pent
12.Lukas
13.Oswin
14.Forde
15.Henry
16.Leon
17.Gaius
18.Arthur
19.Cormag
20.Xander*

There quite a few other than that though, these are just my 20 favorite ones.

Note: This is only counting the one's I've played, so I'm not including anyone from the Archanea games(with the exception of Awakening if it counts), both Jugdral games, Binding Blade, and the Radiant duology,
*Should be noted that I mean Support!Xander and not Story!Xander

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting a previous post on Smashboards that details my Top 16 favorite Fire Emblem characters:

Tobin - I really like the chemistry he has with Gray, because that's where we saw lots of Tobin's most humorous moments. I also relate to Tobin's inferiority complex and his competitive nature, and I like how his honesty regarding his reasons for fighting: a simple man who just wants to help his family.

Conrad - Though not very well handled in the story, I like Conrad a lot as a character. It's not often you see the badass masked man turning out to be huge dork when he is not wearing his mask, and Conrad is that kind of character. He is shown to be quite sensitive, evident by what makes him take off and put on his mask, and that's something I can relate to since I'm a sensitive guy myself. I also like how his love for Celica is more like a true sibling bond and not some creepy incest thing like Camilla was to Corrin. Conrad also has quite a nice backstory regarding how he became a knight and where his attachment to Celica comes from.

Cormag - One of the villain-turned-good-guys in Sacred Stones, and boy what a great dude this guy is. He's got quite the the nice backstory, and I especially felt bad for this guy when his brother got slained by Valter. It especially made the final duel between Cormag and Valter all the more satisfying. He's also quite a good Wyvern unit too. Definitely my favorite Wyvern Lord in the series.

Kaden - A humorous character all around with a very kind-heart due to his desire of wanting to repay others. He also cares a lot about his appearances. I see myself a lot in Kaden, both in his debt-repayment nature and even the narcissism he can display at times. His smugness and laughter are also very entertaining to watch and listen to respectively. He also made quite a good mage killer in my Birthright playthrough who even made a solid duo with my Rinkah.

12: Shiro - Easily my favorite child in Fates. Pretty much the only child in the game that isn't defined by a single gimmick, showing various character traits and nuance that him feel like a realistic and grounded character compared to the other 2nd gen units. I like his chill, humorous, and approachable nature towards others, and I sympathize with his insecurities regarding the thought of succeeding his father for the Hoshidan throne, especially when Shiro grew up not knowing it until Ryoma decided to drop by his Deeprealm one day. Also, shoutout to Shiro for being one of the few children to call the stupidity of the Deeprealms.

Frederick - This dude can be so serious at times that he ends up creating some of the most humorous situations in Awakening. He also makes a nice mentor figure to others, and he can prove to be quite a valuable unit throughout the game.

Lyon - Admittedly, I still haven't finished Sacred Stones. I've been tackling Eirika's route first, but since I can't just backtrack to Ephraim's route in a snap of a finger, I had to watch a Let's Play of that route to get an understanding where all of Lyon's praise among the fanbase comes from, and man, Lyon is quite the tragic dude. All he wanted to do was to save his father and his homeland, but little did he know the price that he had to pay. The bond he creates with Ephraim and Erika also made him feel personal for a villain, and that only made the battles the twins had with him even more tragic. He also shows how sweet he can be in his My Castle dialogues in Fire Emblem Heroes, especially when he tells you "It's okay to cry." Honestly, Lyon is my favorite Fire Emblem villain and is also up there for one of my favorite villains in all of fiction. He really is quite the tragic villain.

Laslow/Inigo - He may be flirt, but when you learn where it came from, you can't help but feel bad for him. His flirting was originally a way to get around his crippling shyness. Though this flirty behavior has eventually evolved to a more eye-roller in times, I think Laslow really matures for the better by the time Fates rolls around. In fact, I'd argue he is the one that matured the most of the Awakening trio. I really like how he can be a voice a reason to others. Perhaps one of the most endearing aspects to his character is how he always encourages people to smile whenever they are feeling down.

8: Virion - Much like Laslow, this guy is far more than the average flirt. Virion has a lot of class and can be quite the charmer. He's also really cunning knows and can be give quite the sound advice. I also have a particular fondness for that smooth voice of his.

Joshua - A gambler with a very interesting backstory: he's actually a prince to Jehanna but takes on the duty of a mercenary and lives life as if it's a game of flipping coins, just like he asks to others. He's also quite a cool badass too, not to mention he makes a very dependable unit in battle.

Forde - My favorite Sacred Stones character. He's another pretty chill dude, only this time, he's the kind of guy that likes to paint. He is so passionate about painting that he can paint even in the midst of battle. Talk about dedication (as well as some hardcore multitasking). When you learn where his passion for painting comes from, you realize it stems from his tragic backstory regarding the loss of his mother and how she adored him for his artwork rather than his accomplishment of winning a sparring tournament the day his art interest started. I also admire his dedication to Ephraim as a retainer, and the exchanges he has with his brother Franz and his fellow retainer Kyle paint him out (pun intended) to be quite a nice dude.

5: Forsyth - An energetic soldier who values his position in the Deliverance. The way how he motivates reminds me a lot like what I was in my high school when it came to inciting others to support the school during sports events. We also learn that Forsyth is a very sensitive guy, as he takes every word quite literally to the point harsh criticism can make affect him deeply. Being a sensitive guy myself, I relate to Forsyth a lot. I also really like the chemistry the he has with his close friend Python: both are polar opposites personality-wise, but they click with each other so well that it makes for a memorable relationship. Forsyth also proved to be my best Baron in my Echoes playthrough, being able to deal strong damage while tanking quite well against physical units as well as withstanding ambushes from Witches.

Chrom - This one I'll admit mainly comes from first lord bias since, well, Chrom was the first Fire Emblem lord that I followed in an FE game. Chrom is my favorite lord in the series for many reasons. I relate to Chrom's struggles in regards to how overly emotional he can get at times, as well as those dorky traits of his. I also enjoyed seeing his character development throughout the Gangrel arc and seeing how his ideas clashed with Walhart. The way how we cares about his fellow Shepherds is charming. Him being voiced by Matt Mercer in the English Dub and Tomokazu Sugita in the Japanese version, two great VAs, is also a plus.

Python - My favorite character in Echoes, and easily the funniest character in the game (at least IMO). Everything that comes out of his mouth is basically comedy gold. His snarky nature and his lazy, laid-back attitude made for some very entertaining dialogue. Probably the best Python moment is when you feed him food he doesn't like, and the way he talks about his disappointment is that it first sounds like he enjoys it... but then he reveals how much he hates it ("WOW... this is really terrible!"). I had a REALLY good laugh when I first heard that line because the delivery was just so perfect. I also relate to Python's laid-back nature and how he just wants to live in the present as much as he can. His philosophy on life and class hierarchies was also interesting to listen to. Like I mentioned with Forsyth, his bond with Forsyth was also quite memorable because of their opposite personalities yet they've known each other since childhood. Compared to what others' experience with Python in the battlefield, my Python turned out to be quite a good unit who could land some strong hits afar, especially once he became a Bow Knight.

Oboro - Oboro has a lot of qualities that really draw me to her character. While she is racist against Nohrians (and there is a tragic backstory that goes along with it), she never takes her racism to total extremes and even knows the boundaries she can't cross (her C-support with Silas and her A-support with Beruka do a good job highlighting this). She has a crush on her master Takumi, but it's only brought up a few times in the game, which makes said crush feel quite sweet and not eye-rollingly obsessive (the two even make a cute ship). She has a good taste in fashion, but it's never emphasized excessively. She basically strikes a nice nuance in her characterization that makes her quite enjoyable. Going back to fashion, I'd love to have her around if I ever need to find the right suit for a grand ball, because she knows which clothes work best! She also proved to be my best unit in both my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs: a really good tank who can hit hard, double often, and tank quite well against both physical and mage units. All she needed was a Guard Naginata or a Waterwheel and she did her magic!

And finally, my number 1 favorite! This is a Fire Emblem character I devoted a long essay to!

Takumi - Any of you who have followed my posts for some time should have seen this one coming. Admittedly, this is one character I actually had an essay saved up for compared to the others on this list, and that's mainly because I wrote said essay for a Discord server at a time where a weekly channel focused on giving "character highlights" to the characters we really like, so I'll just copy and paste it here.

Takumi is a character who I'm really fond of. Why? Simply put, he is the fictional character who I relate to the most. Takumi and I share many of the same insecurities. This is especially true when it comes to his inferiority complex. Whereas he feels such inferiority amongst his family, I had those same feelings amongst my close friends in high school. My friends and I were in honor students at the time, but they were generally better at me when it came to academics (I should also mention I went to a high school that was quite academically competitive). This led to me getting quite vocal about being inferior, which is very similar to how Takumi expresses his inferiority complex.

Even in sports, I also felt much like Takumi (come to think of it, both Takumi and I are competitive people). Much of these insecurities built up to the point I occasionally felt the need to say how "worthless" I was amongst them, similar to how Takumi is on some occasions. This led to some friends having to scold me back about that, similar to what Hinoka does to Takumi in their A-support (those support conversations I relate to a lot).

In the Birthright Drama CD, we also learn that Takumi does not like being left out, and if he does, he feels useless. This is something I can definitely relate to as well. Much like how Takumi missed out on a family-hangout session and thus felt really let down, I had similar experiences and feelings when it came to missing out on certain parties.

Perhaps my favorite line from Takumi is the one that sums up how relatable he is:

This line comes from his B-support with Kiragi, his son.

While I have moved on and learned to find value in myself and not fret about academics or sports accomplishments, I admit I still feel worried from time to time about the impression I give to others. One simple mistake in front a person and I think to myself, "Oh crap, that person might not think well of me from now on." Much like me, Takumi too worries about what people think of him. Even if he loses his temper, he really means well deep down, and he just wants to be recognized for his accomplishments and for what he is as a person. I too can have a short-temper like Takumi does, but deep down, I too feel a need to be recognized amongst my peers so that they think well of me just like Takumi does.

Another thing I really like about Takumi is that he is one of the few characters that doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get-go, and it's for good reasons. Corrin was raised in Nohr (the same nation that was responsible for killing Sumeragi when Takumi was very young and has displayed an open willingness to invade) for most of his/her life, and then Corrin comes into Hoshido where everyone treats him/her like a superstar, making Takumi not only feel jealous and inferior of Corrin's attention, but also suspicious. Then, Mikoto dies during an attack in the capital, and the it's set up made it look like Corrin was behind it. Thus, Takumi is furious, and I can't blame him. If your mother was murdered shortly after your long-lost sibling arrived in your home and ended up being used as a means of destruction from the enemy nation, why wouldn't you be angry? I think Takumi's reaction was very realistic, and even his rage toward Corrin in Conquest makes sense (though honestly, he would've been a MUCH better villain if he wasn't possessed). I also enjoyed his character development in Birthright, where he learns to find appreciation in himself by the end of the game.

Reading through the Birthright Drama CD only deepened my appreciation on Takumi's character further, especially when we gain a deeper insight into his perspective on the events of Chapters 4-5 in Fates. I also really like the bond Takumi has with his retainers: you can tell there is a clear master-servant relationship, but the way they approach each other are more like best friends than that of master-retainer. Their close bonds and how they acted like close friends made them my favorite royal team in the game.

It also helps that Takumi is a fantastic unit on the battlefield. He's an awesome archer who wields a really OP and cool-looking bow. He hit for very high damage and landed critical hits very often. Takumi rarely let me down whenever I used him, and he ended up being one of my best units in Birthright and Revelation.

In all, Takumi is my favorite character in Fire Emblem Fates. To me, he is the most realistic character in the game with plenty of depth to his character, and he makes an awesome unit. He is also a deeply relatable to me, probably the most relatable fictional character I've ever encountered. He is my third favorite video game character overall.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Well if you know one thing about me:

I can't rank them they're like my children:
Marth, Celica, Sigurd, Tailtiu, Lana, Manfroy, Lilina, Clarine, Narcian, Zephiel, Lyn, Tana, Marisa, Mia, Naesala, Lissa, Lucina, fMorgan, Severa, fCorrin, Azura, Sharena

favorite.png

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Welp, thanks to this topic existing, guess I can finally post my top FE characters. I wrote this some time ago, when Opo shared his top 16 characters in the Nintenzone in honor of FE16. I also wanted to do that (And I did) but I never had the chance to actually post it. Until now that is.

This is probably going to be my longest post ever, so if you only care about the list itself, I'll put a TLDR at the end. And spoiler alert if you haven't played the game of the character in question, as some spoilers might appear on those characters. Without further ado, my 16 favorite characters in FE:

“Here’s how is done!”

The main lord from Shadows of Valentia. Long story short, Alm is a villager grand-son of a hero from another war. When the conflict happens, instead of sitting still and watching, he takes charge of the force called “the Deliverance”. Together with this group they took back Zofia and settled to Rigel to end the fighting.

He shares many traits with common protagonists, he’s strong, he cares about his friends, he is an inspiration for them, he’s humble… He has lots of things going for him, but the story puts Alm in desperate situations. He feels really close, very human… It’s a guy that just wants a world without wars, but only knows one way to end them, even if it means separating from the loved ones…

In game, Alm is one of the few good units in the game. When he gets the Double Lion, he becomes absolutely broken, able to tear apart most bosses and enemies without any chances of them retaliating. It also felt good having someone with more than 2-3 stats going up each level instead of just one (I’m looking at you Tobin).

Also, his redesign for Shadows of Valentia is fantastic, really love the aura he has there. Coupled with some really solid voice acting (Kyle is also a really cool guy), Alm nails all the cool spots. Even though he doesn’t really do anything special or out of character from being the lead character, I still appreciate him and grew really attached to him. He really isn't that special, but I really liked SoV and he was one of the characters that stood out the most for me.

"You're already dead"
Kagero. I’m honest with this one, this is complete bias due to a very simple fact that just so happens to fall upon Kagero: female ninja. I don’t know why, but I love female ninjas (in Street Fighter, I play Ibuki for that reason). Even then, Kagero is a discrete character that it’s actually rather interesting.

Kagero is a ninja from a family that has served the hoshidian family for generations. The biggest point for Kagero comes from his family… Revealed with the support with Corrin, Kagero wasn’t supposed to be the retainer of the hoshidian family, but his brother. However, due to an illness, it was Kagero’s duty to take his place. As stated in that support, not being able to perform your duty as a ninja was the greatest shame one could have, and that’s why she does double the job, for both her brother and lord Ryoma.

However, she is not burdened by this duty, as she talks with the rest of the army like any other would do. She is calm, and prefers to be alone, but it’s not afraid of contact. The other part that defines Kagero is the lack of sense of art. In various supports, is brought up that Kagero does some strange paintings, and few characters are brave enough to actually tell her that her paintings are really weird. The fact that she acts like normally despite the reactions of the rest it’s really weird for me, since I know she can catch up on small details, yet she doesn’t realize that.

As a unit, Kagero was one of my favourite units, and my favourite ninja for sure. Her strength growth was simply stupid, and even though she lacked on some aspects compared to Kaze and Saizo, I felt she was the most useful overall. It also helps that shurikens are extremely good in Fates.

Kagero is a character that I grew fond of the more I used her. In fact, the worst thing about her I’d say are her… “feminine attributes”. It’s completely out of character, and it’s just there for the sake of fanservice. Having desings that clash with the character is one of the worst things one can do. But as I said from the beginning, I just like female ninjas, and so far Kagero is the only one.

“This is your last dance!”

Inigo (Íñigo for me because Spanish lol) is a fantastic character. He’s the son of Olivia, and contrary to her, he is extremely open to the girls, trying to gather the love of every female he comes across, but failing miserably. This actually comes from her mother, who wanted him to overcome his shyness by talking to girls. The truth is that even to this day, Inigo is really shy and blushes for everything.

Inigo also was taught how to dance by her mother, and it’s a really cool aspect from him. Olivia didn’t manage to teach the whole dance, because of the events that happens in Inigo’s future. The support between the two is really touching, seeing how Inigo tries to learn the dance her mother was teaching him, but now with both of them reunited. The fact that in Heroes they made him a seasonal skin in which he actually dances was really special, and showed the best from him.

He is also part of the Awakening trio in Fates, and I think he is even better there. He has learned so much, and looks much more confident and less shy overall. He still retains all the good things from Awakening, so I think it is the superior version. However, I’m going with the original because I feel more attached to him. Also, her daughter is really cool, one of the few I actually enjoy from Fates.

As a unit, he’s your typical mercenary swordsman. He isn’t anything special, he is broken like anyone else in Awakening, and it’s pretty difficult to use him in Conquest, but I always end up using him anyways.

In the end, I like him because he always makes me smile whenever he appeared on screen, so even though he might fail with the girls, I think his mission of bringing smiles to the people is completed.

“Soren! Always lost in your books… What have I said about watching your back?”

Mia is a sad case, because she has little to no screentime whatsoever, and in FE10 it’s almost a filler unit. However, I still love her attitude and how she always is, even though she doesn’t have much to work with.

Mia is a mercenary that was hired by Crimea, but got captured by Daein. Ike’s father, Greil, saved her from the hands of Daein, and then joined Ike to pay her debt with the Greil mercenaries. That’s… pretty much it, her story isn’t complex or anything, but is her personality what makes her shine.

She’s energetic and carefree, the only thing she cares about is to find her true arch-rival and fight with him to prove their skills. Her best support has to be with Rhys, since she convinces Rhys to help her in her training, because she mistakes him for that arch-rival. She really doesn’t care about anything, it’s extremely open and always willing to take a challenge. Her relationship with Ike is also really cool, since both of them are always willing to fight each other, they spar quite often. Mia also looks up to Ike, due to him being extremely strong (Can’t blame her).

Gameplay wise, she is a great sword unit in both games. She comes with vantage by default, which is a pretty good skill in that game, and allows her to counter first. Due to her having extremely high crit, she can kill the foes before they even attempt to lay a finger on her, and even if they come through, due to her amazing evasion, she’s likely to dodge the attack. In FE10 she is absolutely busted like most of the Greil mercenaries.

The other great thing she has is her design. I just find it really simple, but giving this attitude of happiness and cheerfulness, it’s great. Overall, a character I like a lot even if she appears so little. Wish they made a remake of FE9-10 just so I can get more from this characters (Seriously, FE10 not having support convos is the biggest crime ever).

“I’m at the top of my game!”

Well, Mae it’s a pretty lovable character, and she appears to be well liked among the fans, and I can’t blame them. Her personality reminds me a bit of the previous spot, Mia, but with a different touch, much better emotions delivered, and actual screen time…

She is a young mage that follows Celica on her journey to Mila’s temple to protect her. Mae and Boey act like a very dynamic couple, having almost opposite personalities. Mae is very talented in magic and she knows it, and she likes to tease Boey to no end, while poor Boey takes his title “skillful survivor” to other level, only caring about everyone being safe and always being realistic with everything. Even if Mae likes teasing everyone, in reality she cares about them.

She also knows that this attitude can make her look immature, and is one of the things that troubles her. Thankfully the rest of the cast normally appreciate this attitude of Mae, so there aren’t that many scenes where she isn’t “hyper”. And I need to talk about this, Cherami Leigh did an absolutely fantastic job with Mae, being one of the bests performances from the game. She nailed the cheerful personality of Mae, and the delivery was fantastic (Ian Sinclair still takes the cake though).

Gameplay wise, she is a good mage, but nothing special. The thing is that compared with Boey, she is SO GOOD. Good attack and decent speed makes her a good glass cannon, unlike Boey who does nothing right. WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW BOEY?

Not much else to say here, a really good character with a cheerful personality that made Shadows of Valentia much more enjoyable. Hope to see more secondary characters that stick with me.

“Your life is mine”

Yes, I knew who Ayra was before she was added in heroes. In fact, when Sigurd and the crew showed up, I was more excited about Ayra showing by surprise in the trailer than any other unit. Ayra is my favourite unit from FE4, and also she’s really awesome. Some FE4 spoilers will be discussed ahead, so read carefully.

Ayra is the descendant of Od, one of the Crusaders from Judgral, and she is the princess from Isaach. Her duty is to protect the young prince of Isaach , Shannan. When she first appears, the later was being held captive, and Ayra was forced to protect Genoa castle to protect Shannan. Thankfully, Sigurd and the rest manage to save the young prince, and Ayra decides to join forces with Sigurd so she can keep Shannan safe.

Ayra joining forces with Sigurd shows the willpower she actually has. Sigurd fights for Grannvale, and in the past, Grannvale invaded Isaach, forcing all the population from there to become slaves. Ayra swore to use her sword against Grannvale, to make them pay for what they did to their people… Yet she joined the enemy when needed. She knew Shannan was more important to the cause, and threw away all she believed for the sake of her country.

That’s Ayra, she is a strong woman, ruthless with the enemy, but actually really caring with those who are close with her. In conversations with Lex (who I think is the best couple for her), even though she refuses to act like a royal, or like a lady, Lex still manages to give her a present. She might have many walls hiding her true personality, because she is a warrior of Isaach and she can’t show any kind of weakness, but she is a great person if you manage to bring it out.

Gameplay wise, she is absolutely broken in FE4. She has the skill astra, and if you don’t know, it’s pretty busted. It activates with the skill stat, and allows her to hit 5 times consecutively. That, added the brave sword that Lex gives her (And basically becomes her personal weapon due to how items work in FE4), allows Ayra to tear apart almost any unit she faces. The only downside is that she doesn’t have a horse (and in FE4, you NEED a horse), but even then Ayra dodges everything and almost always kills in return.

Even though she has bad reputation for the way she was introduced in FE Heroes, I was one of those who took the bait just to get her (Those two Eldigans I got say hi), but I don’t regret it for a single moment. Her design is also really simple but fantastic, love her long and black hair... She's just

“Minna, miteite kure!”

Yep, that Smash Bros guy. He looks like a girl. I actually thought he was a she when playing Brawl. Well, he’s the original character, the main Fire Emblem lord, and the face of the franchise. And also a very likeable character.

I don’t know what else can I say about Marth that hasn’t been said, but I’ll do my best. He appeared in Shadow Dragon, and he’s the prince of Altea. He had to flee from his own home, due to the invasion from Medeus. His journey is to take back his homeland and make Archanea a safe continent once again.

Marth is a very relatable character, who has fears, but never backs down. He knows the weight that he has to endure, but he does it for the cause. He never looks at himself, like, ever. He only sees the bigger picture, the rest of the people, the friends he has on the battlefield. Every single life matters for Marth, and he always find the way to keep everyone safe.

It was in New Mistery when I clicked with him. Marth and Kris talked time and time, he was always open, always thankful for everyone that was fighting with him. Doing that to an almost stranger like was Kris made me realize how much I loved what Marth represents. Thinking about it, it does remind me a bit about Chrom and Robin…

Sadly, on the battlefield he isn’t anything special. He has the rapier, which is busted early game, and very late he gets the Falchion, which makes him usable on the last maps. But he doesn’t promote, and having 50% growth at best in his stats definitely hurts him. It’s not terrible like Roy, but we have way better lords in combat.

Speaking of the design, I love how Marth looks in New Mistery, and in Warriors he looks absolutely gorgeous. And also, Yuri Lowenthal is the best voice they could have ever given Marth. I hope he keeps being the voice of Marth for the following years, and definitely hoping he plays him in Smash Bros as well. We had enough Japanese, it’s time for a change. (Post edit: it happened and I'm so glad that we have English Marth in Smash)

Overall, a pretty solid lord, being the original one, I have deep appreciation for him.

“I am superior, after all”

Lute, the prodigy, one of the best mages in the franchise, and an MLG master. She appears in The Sacred Stones, and I’ve always liked her since I played that game. Lute is a… really special person. She studies magic, and possesses knowledge of pretty much everything that surrounds her, being able to remember almost everything that she reads.

However, that makes her a very eccentric character. She thinks that she is a prodigy, superior to the rest. She doesn’t have really good social skills, and just talks to everyone about how good and superior she is compared to the rest. And being like that it’s what made me love her.

One of the highlights when I first played Sacred Stones was seeing the interactions she made with everyone. They were so awkward always, and she made me laugh all the time. She doesn’t have much else going for her, since she’s a secondary character in a game with a really small cast, but all her interactions were simply great.

As a unit, she’s pretty busted, like half the cast in Sacred Stones. If she doesn’t cap her magic stat, you’ve been RNG screwed badly. I always promoted her to a cavalry mage, and she nuked the hell out of everyone in the game. Not much else I can say, she’s always really reliable. I just wish I had more to work with her, but I don’t expect to see much else except from whenever a Sacred Stones remake happens.

“Watch me work!”
“Behold my power”

Eliwood and Ninian, my favorite FE couple.
"Two characters in the same spot? Disgusting."
Welp, sorry, but I can’t see one without the other, this is the one pairing that hasn’t been confirmed canon (I mean, it was in some FE6 manga I think) but we all see it as canon.

Eliwood gets shafted so hard in favor of his other two friends, and even though I still like the other two more (They are ahead on the list) I still really enjoy Eliwood as a character. Fun fact, when I first played FE7 I thought he was Roy (I guess that happened to many other people too).

The problem that Eliwood has it’s that by himself… There’s not much to look onto. He’s just a nice guy that’s good with the sword. He really doesn’t have any trait that makes him shine above others, and that’s the reason why he isn’t talked that much. However, when he’s with other characters he shines. With Hector he has this bromance that it’s fantastic, and allows us to see the contrast between the two, but also the things they have in common, and so it happens with Lyn.

However, it’s with Ninian when he’s at his best. Both Eliwood and his father Elbert saved Ninian in one occasion or other, so she deeply respects both of them. Their support conversation just flows with the story of the game perfectly, and I love that we get to see a bit of a dorky Eliwood when he asks Ninian to dance for him.

Design wise, I like Eliwood a lot more than Roy. He’s a man, not a boy, and it shows. He looks really cool on the cipher art, and the red hair is more than appreciated, he’s pleasing to look at (RIP his Heroes art though). And Ninian is really cute, her design just gives me the impression of a pure girl, and it translates well to her character. And as units, Eliwood is average in everything, but he has Durandal (The longest sword ever lol) and a horse in late game, so he makes up for that, while Ninian is the dancer of the game and my favorite dancer in the series.

They both went through so much, but they still shoved the doubts away and decided to confront the task they had without hesitation. This is my favorite romantic relationship in FE, and honestly, some scenes on FE6 are way better if Ninian is indeed the mother of Roy. For all this reasons, I have both of them together on this spot.

(Post edit: after watching JoJo, that pose is totally a JoJo reference, which makes Owain even more awesome in my book)

“My sword hand twitches!”

Where do I even begin with this guy… Owain, son of Lissa in Fire Emblem Awakening, my favorite character from the game, and one of the best and most funny characters in the whole franchise.

Seriously, I loved him the first moment I saw him. Being an absolute over the top character was an amazing surprise. Not that the cast from Awakening isn’t varied enough, but damn Owain sure stands up the most for me. Every single line he says is absolute gold, extremely quotable, extremely memeable, extremely likeable. It’s like he’s living as the protagonist of a theatre play nobody wants to see. The hero of legends, chosen by the gods to bring an end to everything, raised by the darkness, shows the light to all mortals. That’s him, all the time, it’s absolutely fantastic.

The other thing he does is naming special attacks and naming weapons, and he’s a walking reference to other FE games. Most of his attacks are titles of other FE, such as “Blazing blade of Doom”, “Sacred Stone of Strike”, “Steel of the Radiant Dawn”… And that’s just from Warriors. His weapons are also normally named as other weapons in the franchise, his signature weapon being the same that Eldigan uses in FE4, the Misilteinn. He also references the heroes of legends sometimes, straight up mentioning Ike for example. And I love how Kaiji Tang delivers the lines for him, absolutely fantastic.

Sadly, as a unit he isn’t that good. He is a child unit, which makes him pretty broken, but her mother is a mage, and he’s a myrmidon… That messes him up a little bit. The biggest offender is his portrayal in Fates as Odin, where he is plain garbage. I still used him because he’s ****ing Owain, but man, go improve your magic growth if you want to be a mage.

I don’t think I can praise him more, he’s just a happy character that always brings a smile to my face when I see him.

“ENOUGH CHIT CHAT!”

Okay, I’ll be honest with you guys, first time I played FE7, I was pretty young, and I really disliked Hector. The game for some reason made me use him in lots of chapters, and he wasn’t able to kill anyone! He just kept on missing all day long, so I ended up the game with Hector not even promoting. In my mind I was like: “Why did they give me such a bad unit?” Oh boy… I was so wrong…

When replaying FE7, I got to properly meet Hector, who is basically Ephraim but better. He is a strong guy, very friendly, with little manners, and an all-around awesome guy. I really don’t know how I screwed so badly on my first time playing FE7, because Hector translates his personality to his gameplay. Insane stats all around that makes him an absolute threat to every enemy in the game. No one can escape the all mighty Hector.

But just like Eliwood, he also has that other side that it’s difficult to find. All the Elibe trio has gone through so much, and Hector is no different. The loss of his brother, how he picks Armads… While he has to stay strong for the rest of the crew, it doesn’t mean he can’t be weak deep inside, but he simply refuses to show that to the rest. Even though my first impression wasn't that good, I'm glad it changed, he's such a good character and I'm glad he's one of the favorites of many others.

“She has no cool crit quotes because she ain’t in Heroes goddamit IS”

Well, this is Jill. She’s a wyvern rider from Talrega, Daein. And for being a side character, she was the one character that had a lot of development in both FE9 and FE10. And seeing her growing up as a character was what made me like her this much.

Path of Radiance has a very clear conflict between races. Beorc and laguz often fight and find themselves hating each other. Daein, the kingdom where Jill grew up, is of course a beorc kingdom, and she was raised with the mindset that the laguz (or what they called them, sub-humans) are the worst thing in the world, and should be treated with no respect whatsoever. That’s why even though Ike’s group was with Crimea and Jill was a member of the Daein army (both countries were in war) she decided to aid Ike just because he was fighting laguz. Of course, Ike being the guy that he is, hearing what Jill thinks about laguz makes him really mad, telling her that both beorc and laguz should be equal. This takes Jill by surprise, not only that, but the whole group accepted laguz. It was an absolute shock for her, after growing up in a society that taught her all the time to hate laguz with all her will… That’s why he decides to travel with Ike, to see if all she knew was a lie or not.

She has some really cool interactions. Her support with Mist is really touching, and shows how embarrassed Jill feels about what she is. She just feels like her whole world fell apart, and she tries to stand up, but she can’t do it alone. Mist is one of the first characters that sees the good in Jill, even if she is a Daein soldier. Her support with Lethe it’s also extremely interesting, seeing that Lethe is a laguz after all. After changing her mind about the laguz, Ike also supports her in some pretty rough moments she has during the story.

She’s also partner of Haar, one of the best characters from the Tellius games, and the dynamic between the two is great. Seriously IS, I need both of them in Heroes, they can’t go alone. Give me my wyvern riders.
(Post edit: THEY STILL AREN'T IN HEROES WTF IS PLS)

As a unit, Jill has promising stat growths, but he starts rather weak. But if you train her up, she’s an absolute monster. She has the honor of being the first unit that capped every single stat in the game (In her Radiant Dawn iteration), so that should tell you something. Seriously, wyvern riders in Tellius are just freaking awesome, and you should use all of them.

Design wise, nothing much can be said to be fair, just a red haired wyvern rider (There are a couple more that are like that). I really like the ponytail though, so that’s something. Just a fantastic unit that really gets lots of development and that I absolutely love.

“Die already!”

Well, he’s the angry pineapple, also known as Takumi. Very well-known character, for one reason or another. To be fair, I don’t think I can say anything about Takumi that Erureido hasn’t said before… That’s why I’ll only talk about my personal experience with him.

I really like Takumi because I feet reflected on him. Compared to the rest of the characters in this list, he’s clearly the oddball. He has no confidence in himself, only works to get the approval of the rest of the people, and it’s really selfish. But that’s why I like him. He isn’t your ideal character, he has traits that many real people share. He has fears, he makes mistakes, he’s human.

Of course, he also has his redeeming qualities. Even if he doesn’t want to show it, because he sees as a weakness, he really cares about his people. For example, even if the job of the retainers is to give their life to their lord, Takumi still cares a lot for both of them (special mention to Oboro who is one of my faves from Fates). He just want to be strong for his people, but he can’t find the way to do it.

I don’t know why, but it was after playing through Conquest that I clicked with him. I already like him in Birthright, but all the suffering he has in Conquest… Damn, I just felt attached to him. It’s a really weird relationship, I simply can’t put words to how I feel about him, just say that I really love him.

What I can say and praise is his design. The angry pineapple is really cool, and he has one of the most awesome weapons ever, that being the Fujin Yumi, I really like the wind effects it has. So yeah, not much else that I can say about him, it’s not a character for everyone, that’s for sure, but love my betrayal boy.

"Clear the path!"
Well, the bronze medal goes for my girl Catria. My relationship it’s… really strange. I’m going to go into deep detail about how I ended up liking Catria, so get ready for a ride.

The first time I met Catria was in Fire Emblem Heroes, not in her own games. It was a couple of months after the game released, and there was our first seasonal banner. Like the idiot I was, I tried to snatch any of the spring units just for the sake of having one, but instead of getting a bunny, I ended up getting a five star Catria (Funny that next year she ended up being in the bunny outfit hahaha).

Of course, I was a bit pissed, why the hell would I want a Catria, a character I didn’t even know at the moment? However, while using her, she started to grow up on my. I said to myself: “You know, her voice is really nice, and she’s really cute… Maybe she’s not that bad”. I did some research and discovered that she somehow appeared in Shadows of Valentia, despite being from Marth’s game (Note that I played Marth’s games after Shadows of Valentia), so I was a bit confused.

So, when I first met her, with her sister Palla, I was really looking forward to using her. I got quite close to all the whitewings, but Catria was always my favorite. Being the middle sister she always felt left behind, while Est was clumsy and innocent, and Palla was the more mature one, the protective, Catria just always felt out of place. The only thing she seemed to do was training… But the important part came out.

She is in love with Marth, but she knows that Marth wants to be with Shiida. That’s why she keeps it to herself, and suffers alone for it. SHE WAS THE ORIGINAL CORDELIA. I felt so bad for her every time I saw her after that… Before I realized, I was caring so much about her, I just wanted her to be happy, but it seems that she couldn’t.

After that I went to play both Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, where of course Catria is. I can’t say much in Shadow Dragon since she has zero screen time in that game, but Catria in New Mistery… The support conversation with Kris made me feel sooo good. Even though Kris is as stupid as Corrin and he didn’t get what Catria was suffering, just being there made her happy, made her go on, and surpass that barrier she had. Of course, that feeling is still there, but she seemed like she could move forward now.

And what can I say about her as a unit… In Shadow Dragon/New Mystery she was broken. I mean it. In my playthroughs she capped almost all stats, and hell, I remember that in Shadow Dragon I killed Medeus on the first turn using Catria and the Gradivus! She was the best unit I had (Apart from Kris in New Mystery because he’s BUSTED) and she never let me down. In Shadows of Valentia I think she’s the best out of the Pegasus Knights, since she had both speed and attack, and the rest of them either had one or the other.

And I also want to praise the SoV art of Catria. Even though I enjoy her art in Heroes, since she's really cute on those, in SoV she's a woman, and she's beautiful.

So yeah, I really like Catria… For no reason whatsoever, I just started caring for her. And I love that she’s also popular between the Japanese audience, maybe that way I can get more of her. One day I’ll +10 her in Heroes, I promise. (Post edit: heh, mission complete)

“It ends here”

Yet another lord for the list. It seems that I grow more attached to the main characters than the secondary characters… But I think it’s because they remind me of the games, and they leave the bigger impression on me. At least, Ike represents that for sure.

Since neither Path of Radiance nor Radiant Dawn have gotten a re-release, it’s obvious that very little people have played them. I thankfully was able to play both of them after finishing Awakening, since I cousin of mine had both games and was kind enough to lend me both. The experience I had with Tellius games was so amazing… And the only character that comes to mind when thinking about those games is Ike.

Okay, so all of you should know how Ike is.

“OF COURSE, HE’S MR I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS AND MR PREPARE YOURSELF”

Yeah, it’s obvious most of the people like him because of Smash, and can’t blame them, it’s an amazing game and most of the characters there are really popular. I was introduced to Ike, like many people, with Brawl. It wasn’t until 2015 that I got to play his game, so talk about a long shot. He’s just another blue haired lord after all. But in defense of Ike, he’s one of the most awesome characters in the franchise, and he deserves all the love he can get and more. The main trait that he has is that unlike the rest of the lords in the franchise who are royalty, Ike is just a commoner that runs the mercenary band of his father, the Greil Mercenaries.

Ike doesn’t have the trait that most protagonist has, the royal status, and Ike doesn’t even care about it. He shares lots of good traits, at the beginning being a rookie, he’s really inexperienced, kind, a child that only wants to learn more. However he has to grow up really fast, and despite his insecurities, just his own good will was enough to lead his friends on the battlefield.

Ike’s development through both games in really cool, he never judged a book by the cover, meaning he was able to accept the laguz as equal. He’s also extremely straight to the point, always says what he thinks without caring about the consequences that it might have, and he does not care about royalty status, seeing everyone just as people. People he must protect, or people he must take out of the way. Seriously, in Radiant Dawn, Ike becomes just like his father. He now appears so much confident in himself, a true leader, and a total badass. A living legend that lives to what people expect for him. And he doesn’t care about that either, he’s just doing his job. All the things that Ike achieves during both games are truly amazing feats.

And after finishing Radiant Dawn, seeing that the amazing journey that was Ike’s tale was ending, a mixture of sadness and happiness crossed my heart. And the last picture…

“In days long past, a young man
strode the lands of Tellius.

He was simple yet true, his deeds
brave and noble. He reunited two
races long at war,
and healed the heart of a goddess
long gone mad.

Ask any you meet be they young or
old, beorc or laguz,
of a hero named Ike and you’ll receive
a warm smile
and a tale or two of faith, courage,
and honesty.”

This is Ike. A truly awesome character, and protagonist of one of the most amazing journeys I have had the pleasure to play ever. That’s why he’s so high up in this list. But a certain someone still beats him.

“We will show that creep the real SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK!”

He's truly the best FE blue haired sword lord. Insane speed growth, great attitude against the problems, and he loves chili dogs. Who doesn't like this guy? He can even go super saiyan! He's the best character in FE by far
the mafia people know sonic is the best that's for sure

jk

"Scatter like the wind!"

Well, here she is, the lady of the plains. If Ike got second because he represented the Tellius games, one of my favorite experiences in my life, Lyn just represents the franchise as a whole, and loving Fire Emblem as much as I do, I can’t help but love Lyn. But why? Well, I’m going to get even more personal, so hold your horses, here it comes.

Fire Emblem for the Game Boy Advance was released in my country in 2004. I was 7 years old when my brother decided to buy that game for the console (Well, more my parents hahaha), in 2005 if I recall. My brother was a big fan of Advance Wars, another game of the console (So am I actually) and seeing the adverts he thought it would be a cool game.

I remember I didn’t get to play the game when I was young, the only games I played on the GBA were Mario VS Donkey Kong, Pokémon Emerald, that Crash Bandicoot game for the console, and Sonic Advance, but I watched my brother play the other games I didn’t play. I remember it so clearly, it’s really funny that few of the memories I have for when I’m young are all tied to videogame consoles.

Either way, when he first started playing Fire Emblem, I was curious. I asked what made that game fun, and he replied:

“It’s a strategy game, but it’s really hard. You have to think twice what you do, because when someone dies, it stays dead forever. It’s quite different from Advance Wars, but I feel like it’s more entertaining since I have to value every single character”.

This threw me off so badly. “Ugh, characters stay dead? Who the hell would play that game…” I really didn’t want to play it, and so time went forward without me playing Fire Emblem. My brother bought The Sacred Stones when it came out, and I do remember watching him play that game too (I also remember poor Franz died in the final map, RIP) but I still didn’t intend to play the game.

And so, we fast forward to… 2008 I believe. Being 10 years old, and with a Nintendo DS, now I played way more games. But one day, my brother decided to give me his GBA.

“I won’t be using it anymore, and maybe you can enjoy some of the games you missed when you were younger.”

First, I’m really thankful of the brother I have. And second, the console wasn’t the special part, since the DS could play GBA games. It was the games (of course it’s about the games). That year I played lots of GBA games for the first time, like Zelda The Minish Cap, Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi SuperStar saga, and some others I don’t quite remember. But the one game I do remember clearly is Fire Emblem.

Who was the first character I saw when I entered the game? Lyn. There she was. And I think it was the first game where I played as an avatar when I was young, at least that I remember (Not counting Pokémon because I played on my brother's file lol)… So having Lyn talking to me, felt really special when I was playing for the first time. She taught me the essentials of the game, and even though the tutorial was stupidly easy and irrelevant to the story, it has one moment that I have in my memory and I simply won’t ever forget.

I couldn’t understand why I had to leave her, I didn’t want to. This scene made me so sad, and being so young, it made such a big impact on me. When starting Eliwood’s story the only thing I cared about was if I could see her again, the lady from the plains. Thankfully, it wasn’t long enough until I met her again, and seeing her so happy to meet me was really special.

I remember I was really bad at the game, and didn’t understand the story that much. I recall asking my brother for help in a couple of chapters, and that way I was able to finish the game. And this is going to sound funny, but it’s what happened. My brother told me: “Well, now that you played Fire Emblem, why don’t you try The Sacred Stones?” I answered:

“Does the game have Lyn?”

He looked at me and answered: “No?” And my reaction was

“If Lyn isn’t in the game then I see no reason to play it”.

I WAS SO STUPID LMAO. And thus my hiatus with Fire Emblem began. The only relationship I had with Fire Emblem was Super Smash Bros Brawl, with two characters that I didn’t know that were from Fire Emblem. But I did know that Lyn appeared as an assist trophy, and I remember she was my favorite assist, always hoping to bring her out.

Then 2014 came, and with it and brand new Smash game. I grew quite attached to a couple of characters, mainly Shulk and both Robin (Daraen here in Spain) and Lucina. I decided to read about both, and hey, those last two were from Fire Emblem! So, on summer 2015 I decided to give it a try and bought both Fire Emblem Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on the same day. And I don’t know if you will believe this, but the only thing I could think of when going home with my brand new games was:

“Man, I wish Lyn were in the game, I miss her…”

Guess she really made an impression on me hahaha. My biggest surprise was that Lyn was actually in the game, and appeared trough DLC. Of course I had to buy it because she was my favorite character. That little exchange she has with you when you recruited, when she asked me if I were the same tactician that she knew… Oh man, I’m so weak, something so stupid felt so special after so much time not playing this franchise.

After playing Awakening, my love for Fire Emblem rose up, and after playing the Tellius games, I was so in love with the franchise. I’ve played almost every single game in the franchise (baring Thracia 776) and Lyn was the fire that made me care when about it even if I hadn’t played it for ages.

To me Lyn is Fire Emblem, she is our first lord, and that’s why she’s my favorite character in the franchise.

Welp, that's it, so much text lol. TLDR version:
16-Alm
15-Kagero
14-Inigo
13-Mia
12-Mae
11-Ayra
10-Marth
9-Lute
8-Eliwood and Ninian
7-Owain
6-Hector
5-Jill
4-Takumi
3-Catria
2-Ike
1-Lyn

Some honorable mentions (2 from each game): from Archanea Linde and Merric, from SoV Mathilda and Delthea, from Judgral Lewyn and Reinhardt (lol), from Sword of Seals Milady and Clarine, from Blazing Sword Nils and Nino, from Sacred Stones Tana and Ephraim, from Tellius Haar and Tibarn, from Awakening Cordelia and Severa, and from Fates Kiragi and Keaton.

These are the characters I enjoy the most in FE, don't know if I'll ever write so much in this site as this message hahaha.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t have an actual order, so...

1. Lyn
2. :ultrobin(Both genders)
3. :ultlucina:
4. :ultcorrin:(Female only)
5. Clair
6. Celica
7. Donnel
8. Anna
9. Marissa
10. Cordelia

Too many I like

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
There are tons of characters from Fire Emblem that I like. Most of them are from the 3DS games but Heroes has gotten me to like some of the pre-3DS characters. There are at least 55 characters I like.

Fates- Leo, Elise, Azura, Silas, Kaze, Felicia, Anna

Awakening- Chrom, Lissa, Owain, Cordelia, Sumia, Cherche, Lonqu, Cynthia, Female Morgan, Tiki, Anna

Echoes- Celica, Alm, Delthea, Boey, Mae, Kliff, Saber, Lukas

Archanea- Palla, Catria, Linde, Camus, Marth, Caeda, Cain, Merric, Barst, Wolf, Nyna

Sacred Stones- Eirika, L'Arachel, Marisa, Cormag, Joshua, Innes, Tana

Blazing Sword- Eliwood, Hector, Raven, Fiora, Oswin, Heath

Introduced through Heroes- Klein, Tailtiu, Reinhardt, Olwen, Haar

If had to pick fifteen of them though...
  1. Anna (Majority)
  2. Tiki (Awakening)
  3. Owain (Awakening)
  4. Kliff (Echoes)
  5. Azura (Fates)
  6. Silas (Fates)
  7. Kaze (Fates)
  8. L'Arachel (Sacred Stones)
  9. Marisa (Sacred Stones)
  10. Tailtiu (Genealogy)
  11. Linde (Shadow Dragon)
  12. Palla (Shadow Dragon)
  13. Boey (Echoes)
  14. Chrom (Awakening)
  15. Reinhardt (Thracia)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Favorite FE characters?

Hm. I don't think I have a clear cut favorite.

No one springs to mind.

Not like I have one single character I'm devoted to or anything.

Nope. :estatic:

In all seriousness, I might spend some time later detailing some of my favorites. But my absolute favorite should be fairly obvious. :p

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
In no particular order...
  • Archanea: Camus, Catria
  • Valentia, Gray, Celica, Leon
  • Genealogy: Arvis, Ishtar
  • Elibe: Ninian, Raven
  • Magvel: Innes, Lyon, Myrrh
  • Tellius: Zelgius, Micaiah, Mia, Ike
  • Ylisse: Cordelia, Tiki (Awakening version), Chrom, Lucina, f-Morgan
  • Fates: Azura, Sakura, Oboro
Of these I'd probably say Sakura, Leon, Celica and Cordelia are my top picks.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's a good idea, organizing favorites by continent. Here, each continent will be ordered though.

Archanea - Merric, Marth, Caeda, Hardin, Minerva, Lena, Tiki, Julian, Ogma, Cain, Palla, Jagen, Jeorge, Camus, Nyna, Draug, Gordin, Beck, Barst, Wrys

Valentia - Celica, Silque, Tobin, Mae, Saber, Valbar, Boey, Alm, Palla, "Zeke," Genny, Clive, Berkut, Leon, Clair, Sonya, Luthier, Gray, Jesse

Jugdral - Arden, Lachesis, Lewyn

Elibe - Hector, Nino, Canas, Pent, Louise, Matthew

Magvel - Gerik, L'Arachel, Tethys, Innes

Tellius - Oh my god none of my favorites are from Tellius whoops. Rerelease please, IS. Please.

Ylisse - Chrom, Virion, Frederick, Tiki, Sumia, Olivia, Lucina, Lon'qu, Owain, Laurent, Basilio, Inigo, Lissa, Stahl, Cordelia, Maribelle, Cynthia, Gregor, Libra

Fateslandia - Yukimura, "Odin," "Laslow," Arthur

Archanea, Valentia, and Ylisse (feat. Valm) have the majority of my favorites so clearly 8-4 is doing something right. :p We'll see how Fódlan fares this spring.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'll just list a top 5 from each, with a sort of attempt to put them in order within each continent:
  • Akaneia: Catria, Marth, Shiida, Minerva, Camus
  • Valentia: Leon, Celica, Silque, Valbar, Boey
  • Jugdral: Sigurd, Leif, Lachesis, Seliph, Arvis
  • Elibe: Hector, Lucius, Canas, Raven, Pent (nobody from FE6, rip)
  • Magvel: Eirika, Lyon, Valter, L'Arachel, Joshua
  • Tellius: Elincia, Soren, Ike, Titania, Black Knight
  • Ylisse: Lucina, Chrom, Maribelle, Frederick, Libra
  • Nohrshidoland: Forrest, Leo, Xander, Oboro, Felicia

Not including those who show up in more than one game multiple times, otherwise Catria would be between Celica and Silque, and knock Boey off the list. Favourite cast overall is the Tellius games, followed by Shadows of Valentia, Sacred Stones, and the Akaneia games.

also I'm still stuck in European mode despite a year and a half of Heroes using the American names, so "Shiida" and "Akaneia" are staying put here :p

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I haven't played every FE game, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to organize my favorites by continent.

Valentia: Gray, Mae, Lukas, Leon.
Elibe: Hector, Canas, Pent, Oswin.
Magvel: Joshua, Lyon, Forde, Cormag.
Ylisse: Robin, Owain, Henry, Gaius.
Fateslandia: Takumi, Oboro, Arthur, Xander.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My top 16 list already takes four from each of the Fire Emblem games I played, so if I had to order them by continent:

Valentia: Python, Forsyth, Conrad, Tobin
Magvel: Forde, Joshua, Lyon, Cormag
Ylisse: Chrom, Frederick, Virion, Inigo/Laslow
Fateslandia: Takumi, Oboro, Shiro, Kaden

As a special bonus, if we're counting the world of Fire Emblem Heroes as well (though I guess not completely since Heroes is a spinoff): Hrid, Laegjarn, Helbindi, Veronica.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Following Opossum's example, here's what my Top 16 ended up as.

1) Leif
2) Elincia
3) Jill
4) Lyon
5) Ranulf
6) Tiki
7) Minerva
8) Finn
9) Nino
10) Sonya
11) Leon
12) Olwen
13) Cormag
14) Skrimir
15) Gerik
16) Takumi

In terms of honorable mentions, the top four per region were:
Archanea: Caeda, Michalis, Xane, Linde
Valentia: Lukas, Kliff, Mae, Tobin
Jugdral: Tailtiu, Lewyn, Lachesis, Brigid
Elibe: Lyn, Matthew, Canas, Pent
Magvel: L'Arachel, Myrrh, Joshua, Valter
Tellius: Nasir, Pelleas, Haar, Nolan
Ylisse: Maribelle, Lucina, Henry, Sumia
Nolore: Saizo, Leo, Mozu, Scarlet

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Archanea: Palla, Catria, Est, Minerva, Linde
Valentia: Lukas, Clive, Zeke, Saber, Boey
Jugdral: Leif, Finn, Lex, Zigludo Sigurd, August
Elibe: Eliwood, Nino, Lyndis, Echidna, Kent
Magvel: Tana, Ephriam, Ross, Lute Duessel
Tellius: Titania, Jill, Ike, Lethe, Haar, Marcia
Ylisse: Lucina, Robin, Morgan, Cherche, Cordelia
Fateslandia: Kaze, Effie, Corrin, Silas, Hinoka

Top 5 overall:
Titania
Lucina
Jill
Nino
Lukas

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
1. Micaiah
2. Tauroneo
3. Kurthnaga
4. Deghinsea
5. Pelleas
6. Black Knight
7. Lloyd
8. Nino
9. Hector
10. Jill

Folt

Smash Ace
Well...

1. Robin (Male)
  2. Leo
  3. Gangrel
  4. Owain/Odin
  5. Laurent
  6. Forrest
  7. Henry
  8. Xander
  9. Morgan (Male)
  10. Lyon

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've only play a handful of games so I can't say too many, I'll just mention a few from the ones I've played.

Birthright

Rinkah: She was the first non-Smash Fire Emblem character I found myself taking a liking to, and she's probably my favourite character in Fates overall. She also naturally ended up as my S-Support. While she doesn't have story relevance beyond the Prologue (I feel she deserved a bit more but of course that's partly bias on my part), I found her supports to be some of the most varied in the game, ranging from very comical, to very heartfelt, and some that just brought out the best in other characters or served to introduce a degree of world building. This is partly because of her varied personality. At first glance, she seems like she's just 100% thick-headed and easily agitated and confrontational for no reason, but you learn about the many legitimate reasons she has to be like that during her supports. And despite her usual temperamental state, she actually has a heart of gold and can often be found helping people out for no reason other than she feels like it, or trying to impart some surprisingly wise advice to people at times. She is also the character in all of Birthright who is the least stand-offish with the avatar. She fights you out of obligation to her tribe and her father and out of curiosity of your strength, but she makes it clear she'd rather fight by your side, giving her a slight "Camus" element. Even Kaze isn't as accepting and a major part of his writing is how he will wait hand and foot on the avatar no matter what. Also her confession/My Room quotes are some of the most passionate and mature in the game, and considering how corny and cringey many can feel, it makes me happy I just gravitated towards her.

As a unit, I feel she's underappreciated, though I have noticed people have been coming around on her. She's one of the few units in Birthright who can actually take a hit on Lunatic (often taking 0 damage or chip damage against physical units), and is fantastic for helping raise other characters. People harp on her Str and HP and starting in E rank clubs so much but I've always found that asinine. She can literally reach D rank clubs by the end of the very map you get her on (which isn't even an unlikely scenario because she's gonna be doing most of the fighting on that map because god forbid anyone else take a hit from a Faceless), and can potentially be in C rank by Chapter 7, which is the earliest point you can obtain D rank clubs for her, let alone C rank. I feel the only reason she's E rank in clubs to start out is because she'd be too strong with a D rank weapon at that point in the game, plus none of your other units besides Corrin are real damage dealers at that point in the game and he isn't really tanky so Rinkah gets a lot of use in those maps to get her weapon rank up. Her Str growths not being amazing isn't an issue because her base Str is good, her Personal Skill also gives her +4 Str for free if you let her carry a HP Tonic into the map and use it on Turn 1 (which also patches up her HP if it's for some reason too low, which I've never found it to be), and she's actually pretty fast and has solid Skill too, so she's got more doubling potential and accuracy than other tanky characters. She also has fantastic Skill access from just her base class line and a Heart Seal, giving her Skills like Death Blow and Lethality, so she will be frequently OHKOing enemies with those.

So yeah, overall, fantastic character and really fun and versatile unit.

Ryoma: I don't have much to say on a deeper level since I haven't actually seen many of his supports, but Ryoma is one of those characters that gets by on "Rule of Cool" alone for me. I love his character design, his crit quotes and the like are always great, and his weapon is really cool. And of course everyone knows how amazing he is as a unit, so nothing really new to add there. I should get around to viewing more of his supports one day though.

Hinoka: Again a bit of an underrated character, a lot of people dismiss her for not being relevant in the main story (despite the fact she actually does go through some of the best development in Conquest), which is silly because c'mon guys, don't pretend like you think the Fates storyline is actually worth a damn. In her supports though, she's one of the better and more genuine sibling figures for Corrin, her backstory connected to Corrin is the one that got me most and it had a real effect on her in Conquest when you sided with Nohr, and she's overall a very pleasant girl. I was expecting her to be more hot headed because of her design, but she's really not, she's more just energetic and compassionate than anything, and works hard. In reality, she's very similar in some ways to other characters like Caeda when you look at their ideals and such, but IMO Hinoka has a more interesting and fun personality to spice her up. One of my favourtie little details about her is that Azama and Setsuna are such horrible retainers that she had to learn to do everything herself. Meaning despite the fact she's a princess and a very battle centric character, she still is the most skilled of all of the lords when it comes to everyday,, practical tasks. Her support with Frederick in FE Warriors is absolute;y hilarious because of this.

frederickjest.png

Also as a unit it, I find her very reliable in both Fates and Heroes. She's also my highest level unit in Warriors. She tends to have great mixed bulk and strong attack.

(I was gonna put Conquest characters here but honestly I have to think harder about that one because I honestly don't enjoy the Conquest cast that much except for the obvious meme choices like Odin and Arthur)

Shadows of Valentia

Clair: Honestly I could be here all day talking about Clair. I love her to bits, she's so precious. While I really like Rinkah and Hinoka, they kind of suffer from their game of origin having a particularly bad storyline. SoV's story isn't groundbreaking but it's solid enough and most importantly, there's a lot of room for character interaction and for characters to shine. Clair is a fairly prominent character too so she gets a lot of time to strut her stuff, and develop as a character. On the surface, she's the typical haughty ojou character you see in a lot of anime and I hear it's common in FE too (seems that way from Heroes too). However, it's established very early on that despite her noble and somewhat spoiled upbringing, that she has a deep care for the common folk, and wishes to form a better understanding of their way of life. However, it's a somewhat bumpy road since she has moments of ignorance and says things she probably shouldn't around Alm and the others, but she becomes more and more sensitive and mature as the game goes on. In general though, she's infectiously charming and jolly and always makes me smile.

There are many other elements to her character that make her enjoyable to me, such as many details revealed in the Rise of the Deliverance DLC. Despite being a femine woman who values prettying herself up and all that, she's not one to let herself be seen as demure and actively played with her big brother Clive and Fernand from a a young age in their more rough games. This led her to become a knight and while it was an uphill battle for her, she made it work out and she's now one of the most reliable members of the Deliverance, in-game and storywise. Her genuine love for Clive is also touching and avoids going into the creepy "incest is wincest" territory that Fire Emblem too often dabbles in (I love how she goes out her way to get him a magic ring to fix his awful Res in the DLC, lmao). While Clair is a bit younger than the other members of the Deliverance and can be naive at times because of that, she is also rather down to earth and can be the only one thinking clearly about things when others are overthinking and stressing, maybe even arguing.

My favourite example is the scene where you fail to save Mathilda and Clive lashes out at Alm, and then Gray and Tobin gang up on Clive. Clair steps in and while she does lash out at Gray and Tobin a bit, I think it was the right thing to do. She ultimately diffused the situation before it got any worse so Alm and Clive could sort things out more calmly. While she was obviously biased towards Clive, it's common sense that you don't kick a grieving man. Another detail nobody ever points out is that she doesn't actually lash out at Alm or blame him herself, or say anything to indicate she agrees with Clive in thinking making Alm the Deliverance leader was a mistake. She never "takes Clive's side", she merely tells Gray and Tobin to get out of the way. Which is a nice touch because she is in love with him (on that note, Clair and Alm have some of my favourite interactions in the game and she was 100% the best love interest for him, they had such amazing chemistry). It's a surprisingly layered and complex moment that I see too many people write off as Clair being spoiled and bratty when there's actually a lot more going on.

Anyway as a unit, I find her really reliable and fun to use. I generally really like Fliers and have found her to be one of the better ones in both SoV and Heroes. In Heroes, she's my first +10 5-Star and she's my S-Support and she's really strong. She's also by far a character that has proven to be a worthwhile investment in the long term, since many updates to the game have given her more tools to take advantage of, including her own personal weapon that only she can use.

----------

I'm honestly falling asleep right now so I may continue this tomorrow.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The real correct answer is Forrest, this thread is just a way for me to weed out and ban everyone who doesn't provide at least a paragraph about why he's great.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Ike is my all time fav, followed closely by Frederick. I WAS SO SAD TO SEE THE LATTER IS NOT A SPIRIT IN SMASH ULTIMATE. Just...why? ;_; I thought he was a shoe-in!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ike is my all time fav, followed closely by Frederick. I WAS SO SAD TO SEE THE LATTER IS NOT A SPIRIT IN SMASH ULTIMATE. Just...why? ;_; I thought he was a shoe-in!
I still say Frederick was the single most baffling spirit omission outside of maybe Porky.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Well I did the sorter and it was pretty difficult, even after I'm done I still feel like I like characters that ended up 100+ places down but I take that to just show how great all the many characters in Fire Emblem are. Anyway here's my top 20.

Order
Name

Ike

Robin

Owain
Lyn
Inigo
Greil
Hector
Soren
Matthew
Arthur
Morgan
Naesala
Reyson
Ranulf
Sothe
Leanne
Henry
Geoffrey
Haar
Jill

And really if I'm being honest the top 3 fluctuate based on the day, I can safely say at different times even in the past week I probably would have put each of them as my favorite at one point or another.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Recently played and beat Shadow Dragon for the first time and the game got me to like Marth, Caeda, Cain, Merric, Barst and Wolf more so I am probably going to add them to the list I previously posted. Heroes also got me to like Haar since he seems to be a pretty chilled dude. Now I am wondering if I am going to get some new favorites from Sacred Stones since I plan on playing that game next.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Most here have probably seen this video already, but I thought it was pretty nice and made me remember this topic (and how I temporarily killed it for a while with my mess of a post). It's interesting seeing the range of circumstances that lead to how people come to their favourite Fire Emblem character.

Top Bottom