• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are good partners for Ganon in doubles?

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I would imagine so. Like most heavy characters, Ganon seems to do good with fast characters that can get opponents off of him/run in with a kill move (dsmash for MK, probably), and can recover well and maybe even help Ganon recover.

The other option that's definitely more fun but maybe a little less effective is another heavy character (another Ganon, maybe Bowser or DK) to just have huge damage on every hit. I don't have a huuuge amount of experience with doubles, so maybe someone who gets to try it out more can give more ideas.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Falcon Ganon is the manliest team.

Your opponents will cry for their mothers.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
personally, i like a small mobile character for my partner. sorta the yin to your yang.

and having played falcondorf in a tourney before, i can confirm that it's a lot of fun : D just make sure you and your partner have laid out your rules for tech chasing ahead of time, so that whoever sets one up, you both are ready to follow up on it without communication downtime.

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
I've tried playing Ganon in doubles with my training buddy, who mains Ness, and it went pretty poorly. That might just be because of our own poor teamwork rather than our characters, though.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
To me a good Ganon partners are characters who can rack up damage easily and have projectiles/moves that can help Ganon's recovery.

To my experience Peach can be a good teams partner...

Players' synergy can do wonders too, Diddy's bananas can ensure some heavily punished stomping-techchases

Ganondalf

Smash Cadet
I have had the pleasure of having a Ness to play with. Enemies caught in PK Fire are easy pickings.

Stalled

Smash Apprentice
I like playing doubles with either a fast teammate or a a teammate that excels at edge guarding. Ganon gets them off and someone, lets say kirby, for example, keeps them off. Or with a fast teammate they pop someone up and you knock them out. If your teammate can help you recover in some way, that's a pretty big bonus.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
My preferred team mates are Link, Samus, Mario, and Bowser when I play Ganon.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Double Ganons just to wreck havoc.

Phantomarchangel

Smash Rookie
Double Ganon sounds like pure madness! One has to be white haired though to be Grandpadorf and the other should be normal colored to be Grandsondorf xD

Cryo

Smash Rookie
Thoughts on Ganon + Kirby OR Ganon + Link? Does Link suck in doubles? Also for Ganon Kirby, how does that go (including counterpicking).

Stalled

Smash Apprentice
Ganon kirby is interesting. I haven't got any experience with it in 3.5 but it was quite good in 3.0. Kirby's edgeguards compliment ganons ability to get people off stage rather well.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
If I had to choose between them, itd be ganon+kirby

Bazkip

Smash Master
Ganon/Kirby is the best team cause Kirby can copy Warlock Punch to style on your opponents extra hard

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
^^^ This is the most important

But kirby can also be a very good stock tank, and with some coordination and five minutes of practice I imagine you could get easy fairs/dairs/whatever after Kirby swallows and spits them back out.

bandi

Smash Cadet
Ganon needs someone who can hold his place in 1on1 or 1vs2 situations, because he is going to get hit. I think Lucas/Fox would be optimal.
Link+Ganon would work too if Link is purely focused on zoning and Ganon punishing the pity approaches. I see Snake working with Ganon as well, but he and Ganon have the same weakness in that they need an effin eternity to get back to the stage.

In summary Ganon needs a Character who has good neutral/is fast and can help him out in dire situations.

JosephGee

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2878-9589-9887
Personally I really enjoyed Marth, Lucario, or Mewtwo (although I haven't tried teaming with one since 3.02 so it might be bad now). Marth and Mewtwo were mainly picks because I found their edgeguarding ability to be extremely useful as long as I could hold center stage, or I could edgeguard from a platform while they guarded low. Lucario worked really well with Lucario racking up damage from 0-60 and then I would hit the opponent once to kill them.

It might be our error but Fox was actually my least favorite teammate of anyone I've tried. His strong, low range aerials meant there were a lot of situations where we were confused whether I should fair the player he popped up or he should try to up air them, which would mean that either I would hit him, we would both get scared, or we would choose correctly and someone would get the hit. (also have tried in friendly doubles with training partners: ZSS, Squirtle, Falco, Sheik, Captain Falcon)

Also speaking of double Ganon I know its 3.02 but I'll just leave this here:

YoBaka

Smash Rookie
Just team up with a snake and let them do most of the work. Jk, but I like teaming with a snake.

TheLankyArtichoke71

Smash Rookie
So I know some pretty good Falco players and I was watching some doubles videos and I was trying to brainstorm some good doubles teams. I’m a Gannon and Diddy main, and I was thinking that’d my Gannon could be a decent stock tank as I play defensively until kill percent as Falco could rack up damage on the opponents. Falco has pretty reliable ledge trapping and decently damaging combos, and Gannon has a fair amount for moves that send at almost the perfect angle for ledge trapping. No pun intended. Falco could play aggressively till’ the opponent is at kill percent. And then gannondorf could switch to the aggressive side to get the kill as both Gannon and Falco have good combo and setup throws. Also, as a plus, if Gannondorf is losing stage control due to a combo, Falco, from the other side of the stage, could shoot his stun blaster at the opponent that’s beating up Gannon to give Gannon some time to hit his opponent with let’s say a back throw to regain stage control and possibly even help out his teammate.

Top Bottom