• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

White Smash GC Controller, is it going to yellow? Mayflash adapter?

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Anyone have the White GC controller with the Smash emblem on it? Is it the type of plastic that will yellow over time with heavy use? I'm debating on getting the white or black one. I love how the white looks but I'd rather get the black one if it'll only yellow over time like my 360 controller. Also, anyone have the Mayflash GC controller adapter that plugs into the Wiimote? Is there button lag? How is it overall? I want to buy it as a temporary alternative to the official one until it's available again.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I would assume the Mayflash adapter would have lag because it is a controller plugged into an adapter plugged into a wireless controller synced up to a console. It may not be noticeable depending upon what kind of TV you have, but I'm not sure because I have no experience with that adapter.

EDIT: Also, I got the bundle with the adapter and the black controller, so I don't know if it would yellow over time. I know that the original GBA did (my Glacier Blue GBA now looks more like a Yellow Snow Glacier Blue GBA), but I don't know if Nintendo still uses that type of plastic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom