• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Which Zelda NPC would you like to know more about?

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
Which character in the Zelda series would you like to know more about? For me it would be Dampe the Gravekeeper or Kafei.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
If we're counting Hyrule Warriors, then I would definitely like to know more about Volga.

Also Orca from The Wind Waker, and speaking of which I want to know how a 12 year old girl managed to become a pirate captain. A Tetra-centred prequel made with the Wind Waker engine would be about a dream come true for me.

Usually though I want to know more about the bosses, since there's rarely any explanation for them beyond them being a guardian of a temple.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa.

Hopefully this will happen in Breath of Wild.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gotta agree with the Didster.

Impa needs some more prominence.
Breath of the Wild will be her time. Am pretty damn convinced with Skyward Sword-like graphics, Skyward Sword characters as the Koroks returning, and the many, many, MANY Sheikah symbols and the Sheikah Slab. Pretty sure that Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors where interludes for Impa to prepare for her much bigger role now.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Want more Midna...

And more Impa, too...

More Twili and more Sheikah...

I want to point out that the Sheikah technology shown in this game has so many similarities to that found within the Twilight Realm...
If anything it just reinforces the connections between the Sheikah and the Twili...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Breath of the Wild will be her time. Am pretty damn convinced with Skyward Sword-like graphics, Skyward Sword characters as the Koroks returning, and the many, many, MANY Sheikah symbols and the Sheikah Slab. Pretty sure that Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors where interludes for Impa to prepare for her much bigger role now.
Korocks were from Wind Waker man.

Emmington

Smash Cadet
I want to know more about what Sheik was doing in Ocarina of Time, how Fi and Ghirahim were created, and literally anything about Impa.
Oh, and if we're counting Hyrule Warriors, Volga.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Most any character from Majora's Mask would be a good choice as that game focuses on getting to know everyone and solve their problems. I'd like to know the story of the Deku butler's son.

Ilia and Colin from Twilight Princess. Both are deep characters with more potential than a single game can show. TP sequel when?!

The Wind Fish from Link's Awakening.
Because every character in that game besides Link are products of it's psyche. Does it have split personalities? Backstory, etc?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'd say all of the Champions in Breath of the Wild would be characters I want to learn more about.

I like all of them, but one major issue I had in the game is that they don't make as much appearances as they should despite being major characters. They only appear in two memory cutscenes with Link and Zelda, a specific memory scene for each champion when you arrive at their respective town, and when you tackle their respective dungeons. It would've been nice if we got to learn more of their backstories so that we could learn more about them. Perhaps we could learn about how they interacted with their fellow people? The only Champion where we learn about how she was seen by her people was Mipha, and you can tell how beloved she was considering how all the Zora elders initially hated Link for her death. How was Revali like towards other Ritos, how was Daruk like towards his fellow Gorons, or how was Urbosa like towards her fellow Gerudo?

Hopefully, the story DLC in December will expand on each of them.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Fierce Deity and Majora, also i would love a "gaiden" or should i say "Majora" kind of sequel for TW to know more backround about its characters in general.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, one character I wish we knew more about was Nabooru from Ocarina of Time. I guess we know enough about her, but I felt like an interesting setup was created where she is a revered Gerudo and she was Ganondorf's second in command. I wouldn't mind an expanded backstory and learn what she did during the 7 years (I believe it's explained in game with the Gossip Stones, but I don't remember and I don't think it's much anyway).

Fi and Ghirahim are also characters I would want to learn more about, mainly on who came first. Did Demise create Ghirahim as his sword first and then Hylia created Fi to counteract Ghirahim and aid Link? Or did Hylia create Fi to aid Link with his quest and Demise created Ghirahim to continue his reign and to interfere with Link's quest? Alas, I don't think these questions will ever be answered unless another Hyrule Historia is made.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I think "PAY ME FOR THE DOOR REPAIR" guy must have a very interesting perspective on the world.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What was Impa's relationship with Link and Zelda in Breath of the Wild before Calamity Ganon appeared? She seemed to have been a well reknowned Sheikah warrior, stating she and 'the others' gave their life away 'that day'. So yeah, I wonder why that whole part was left out.

BOTW doesn't really have much character development. And that's a shame.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I went into this thread with the understanding that an NPC were those non-important characters with no role in the story, so I feel kinda dumb coming in here while people are saying characters like Midna, Nabooru, the Champions, ect...

Meanwhile the character I came in here with the intention of wanting to learn more about is the beggar guy from Ocarina of Time... a beggar is supposed to beg for money. This guy is doing the exact opposite. He's begging you to sell him things. What is his story? How rich is he? Why does he beg instead of just going to shops?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Error. What the stink is his deal.
But seriously I want to know about Master Kohga. How did he get his powers? Oh, and if you make a sequel to Hyrule Warriors and he is NOT included, I will be furious.
Also Beedle, I guess.
I don’t want to know about Tingle, but I do want to know about his dad, the guy at the swamp cruise who works with that fire part of twinrova.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Ravio.

The guy is clearly tight with the princess but is simultaneously too cowardly to do anything himself but brave enough to act against her doing what he thinks is right. I'd love to see what kind of adventures they have in Lorule with Ravio and Hilda

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Ravio.

The guy is clearly tight with the princess but is simultaneously too cowardly to do anything himself but brave enough to act against her doing what he thinks is right. I'd love to see what kind of adventures they have in Lorule with Ravio and Hilda
Imagine a whole game set in Lorule!

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Imagine a whole game set in Lorule!
While I would love that even just another game that has them involved would be fantastic. I think what I would love to see next in an ideal world would be the next game with them involve some big bad that threatens both worlds so now they have to team up to fight it off. Include sections where Ravio helps with his own weird puzzle elements.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I was going to say the Happy Mask Salesman but then I realised that the mystery around him is a big part of his appeal.

So instead I'll go with Tingle: we must delve deeper into Tingle-based lore

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
While I would love that even just another game that has them involved would be fantastic. I think what I would love to see next in an ideal world would be the next game with them involve some big bad that threatens both worlds so now they have to team up to fight it off. Include sections where Ravio helps with his own weird puzzle elements.
Yeah. I’ve had it with these one/off alternate dimensions.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Saria I guess? I'd like to see what a grown up version of her would be like, canon be damned.

Top Bottom