• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which version to buy?

Poryg0n

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is already stated but I can't find it and need to know what version of the game to practice with. As in, which version do tourneys use, I'm in use but I've heard different things,pleasethanks.

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is already stated but I can't find it and need to know what version of the game to practice with. As in, which version do tourneys use, I'm in use but I've heard different things,pleasethanks.
A regular American cartridge of ssb64 is fine, Its what they use at tournaments except they use a modified version that allows a timer for matches.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
not at $107 it doesnt.........that cost more than a console and ssb64 cartridge combined
The benefit of the EverDrive 64 version 2.5 is that you never have to worry about the battery in your cartridge dying. Also, the ED64 gives you easy access to the entire N64 library featuring favorites like Killer Instinct Gold, Mario Kart 64 and F-Zero X for free. You can also play 19XXTE 0.11 with the EverDrive 64 making that $107 seem like a real bargain.

Top Bottom