• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which series will he take mechanics from?

Which do you expect?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
On one hand, the Direct said Super Smash Bros X Fatal Fury, and the website considers him a Fatal Fury rep, and his symbol is a star which is only part of Real Bout Fatal Fury 1 and Special's logo.

On the other, his stage is a King of Fighters arena, and Fighting EX Layer, Tekken 7, and DOA6 all use the KoFXIV incarnations of their Fatal Fury guest stars.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
His appearances between the two series are largely similar, so it comes down to what special gimmick he’ll have from either of the two. Real Bout introduced the super gauge into Fatal Fury that goes from zero > S-Power > P-Power, but doesn’t buff the strength of a character in any way. Garou introduced the T.O.P. Attack which can be performed when your life bar decreases to a certain point (Terry’s is a Power Charge into Power Dunk).

KOF has two different versions of meter: Advanced and Extra. Advanced has 3-5 bars of strength, and one bar can be spent on entering MAX mode, which increases the user’s strength, allows cancelling specials into other specials (depending on the game), and gives access to Max Desperation Moves (stronger versions of super moves). Extra mode works similarly, except the only way to build meter is to charge it up using a command, similar to Cloud’s down + B. Once it’s filled up, you enter MAX mode. When your life is low enough, you have unlimited access to Desperation Moves.

Personally I’d like to see him with KOF mechanics since I’m much more familiar with how he plays in those games.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I've only played the SNES Fatal Fury games, so I don't know how he works in King of Fighters. Ergo, I'm hoping he will feel similar to how he does in Capcom vs SNK 2, which I thoroughly enjoyed. In that game, he is fast AND strong; a deadly combination.

Like Ike, I can see Terry's biggest weakness being predictable recovery. Burning knuckle (obviously his side special) will probably work as a horizontal recovery move. His up-special will probably be Rising Tackle. I'm curious to see how his neutral special will work in the air--if it does at all.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've only played the SNES Fatal Fury games, so I don't know how he works in King of Fighters. Ergo, I'm hoping he will feel similar to how he does in Capcom vs SNK 2, which I thoroughly enjoyed. In that game, he is fast AND strong; a deadly combination.

Like Ike, I can see Terry's biggest weakness being predictable recovery. Burning knuckle (obviously his side special) will probably work as a horizontal recovery move. His up-special will probably be Rising Tackle. I'm curious to see how his neutral special will work in the air--if it does at all.
I'm very curious to see how Power Wave will work in the air as well, maybe it'll change into Power Dunk if used in the air?

Top Bottom