• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Ridley skin do you use the most often?

Which Ridley skin do you use most often?

• Total voters

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Which Ridley skin do you use most frequently? Feel free to vote and say which you use. I'll start. I usually use appearance 4, or the Fusion skin.

1: Other M / Super
2: Mecha (Prime)
3: Super (Artwork)
4: Fusion
5: Zero
6: NES
7: Fusion (Cyro)
8: Mecha (Zero)

(I couldn't find a good image that was in English that showed the current, up to date set of Ridley skins in-game)

Last edited:

Great Potato

Smash Cadet
If my avatar didn't give it away, I use the red boxart Ridley.

I think Ridley got dealt a great hand though since I feel like he doesn't have a single bad color scheme. I was originally planning to alternate colors more since I liked a lot of them but I initially jumped into things with the Red and it just sort of stuck and has stayed as my identity since.

Last edited:

Gleam

Smash Ace
They knew Meta-Ridley was popular so they popped out two skins for him. However I also enjoy Red Super Ridley as well.

Now we just need:

1.) Proteus Ridley

2.) Psychotic Eyes Melee Ridley

3.) Original NES Cover Art Ridley.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
META RIDLEY. Though I think the purple parts of him are too... purpley. They should be darker, almost black, like in Metroid Prime. I honestly didn't know those parts of him were organic until I saw the Ultimate skin; I thought that he was completely armored before.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
META RIDLEY. Though I think the purple parts of him are too... purpley. They should be darker, almost black, like in Metroid Prime. I honestly didn't know those parts of him were organic until I saw the Ultimate skin; I thought that he was completely armored before.
The only issue I have is that his hands aren't armored/mech. As someone said before, it almost looks like he's wearing sleeves, with the way it cuts off at his hands.

Overall, I use pretty much every one of Ridley's skins though. Meta and Red are my most used, with NES purple and Gold close behind. Blue and green don't stick out enough for me, but I do still occasionally use them. Also, I don't like Mecha's green gums...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, just some of the little changes would make the Meta Ridley skin so much better, though is still one of his best skins in my opinion but try to avoid using too much. The Mecha skin is still nice as an alternative even if I use it less.

Other than that, red, gold, and blue are all great, default skin notwithstanding. The green one doesn’t stand out for me either, though is not bad.

DankChum

Smash Rookie
I use the SNES artwork one, but I actually thought it was just injured Ridley from Super Metroid. I chose to signify my incompetence with the character I chose it because it looks cool.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Hmm, now that we have a decent number of votes, I'm certainly noticing a heavy lean towards the fist three skins. I see a lot of Mecha (Prime) skins online, and would say that's probably the one I think I encounter the most often.

Interestingly, I don't recall seeing many of the Super(Artwork) red Ridley players online so far, though it's in first place in our poll. I may start keeping a personal tally of what Ridley skins I see when I play online and try to compare it to the results here.

I'm also confused. The total vote percentages on this poll add up to well over 100%. How is that possible? There are 21 total votes, but each vote still represents 5.6% of the total. According to the percentages, there should be 18 votes. It looks like 3 people voted for 2 (which is fine, as I put the max voting amount at 2 choices), but the system still counted the people who voted twice as one voter in the denominator of all percentage computations, but applied their vote to each category as a +1 in the numerator of the percentage computation. I wonder if this is considered intended behavior, or if it's a bug, as I'd expect intended functionality of counting a participant who voted for two as either two separate votes, or two "half votes" from one participant.

Last edited:

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
I like the yellow one. I always thought it was referencing the Ridley statue from Super that gaurds Torian.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Hmm, now that we have a decent number of votes, I'm certainly noticing a heavy lean towards the fist three skins. I see a lot of Mecha (Prime) skins online, and would say that's probably the one I think I encounter the most often.

Interestingly, I don't recall seeing many of the Super(Artwork) red Ridley players online so far, though it's in first place in our poll. I may start keeping a personal tally of what Ridley skins I see when I play online and try to compare it to the results here.

I'm also confused. The total vote percentages on this poll add up to well over 100%. How is that possible? There are 21 total votes, but each vote still represents 5.6% of the total. According to the percentages, there should be 18 votes. It looks like 3 people voted for 2 (which is fine, as I put the max voting amount at 2 choices), but the system still counted the people who voted twice as one voter in the denominator of all percentage computations, but applied their vote to each category as a +1 in the numerator of the percentage computation. I wonder if this is considered intended behavior, or if it's a bug, as I'd expect intended functionality of counting a participant who voted for two as either two separate votes, or two "half votes" from one participant.
I never noticed that before, it is indeed strange. I always assumed every additional vote added 1 to both the numerator and the denominator, but I guess not. It appears the logic is votes/voters, but the quotient not adding to 100 kinda makes it useless. If you increase the denominator from 29 to 34, the results are as follows:

1: Other M / Super 14.7%
2: Mecha (Prime) 20.6%
3: Super (Artwork) 29.4%
4: Fusion 5.9%
5: Zero 5.9 %
6: NES 5.9 %
7: Fusion (Cyro) 5.9 %
8: Mecha (Zero) 11.7%

As an aside, I see you consider the golden color a reference to Ridley's corpse in Fusion instead of the golden statue in Super. What's your reasoning for it?

As for myself, I gravitate toward the meta alts, Mecha Ridley in particular. I always loved Ridley's various cybernetic forms, and the white/gray/green coloration appeals to me. If I had to rank them in order, I would say:

Mecha
Meta
Golden
NES
Zero Mission
Neo Ridley
Super

I like all of them greatly, and think that they chose his alts as perfectly as they could have, although the meta alts could use some tweaks, as discussed above.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'd go with either red Ridley or his NES color scheme, although I'd probably give the slight edge to the former. Nearly all of his alternates look great, though. I'm really happy that most of them are actually taken from the series and aren't just randomly chosen.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Definitely Zero Mission Ridley. I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved the green and red on him. I also use Mecha Ridley and the default skin quite a bit.

Overall, Ridley hit the jackpot with alternate skins. They really show off how diverse his appearances are, with each one lookin pretty damn good, as well.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I never noticed that before, it is indeed strange. I always assumed every additional vote added 1 to both the numerator and the denominator, but I guess not. It appears the logic is votes/voters, but the quotient not adding to 100 kinda makes it useless. If you increase the denominator from 29 to 34, the results are as follows:

1: Other M / Super 14.7%
2: Mecha (Prime) 20.6%
3: Super (Artwork) 29.4%
4: Fusion 5.9%
5: Zero 5.9 %
6: NES 5.9 %
7: Fusion (Cyro) 5.9 %
8: Mecha (Zero) 11.7%

As an aside, I see you consider the golden color a reference to Ridley's corpse in Fusion instead of the golden statue in Super. What's your reasoning for it?

As for myself, I gravitate toward the meta alts, Mecha Ridley in particular. I always loved Ridley's various cybernetic forms, and the white/gray/green coloration appeals to me. If I had to rank them in order, I would say:

Mecha
Meta
Golden
NES
Zero Mission
Neo Ridley
Super

I like all of them greatly, and think that they chose his alts as perfectly as they could have, although the meta alts could use some tweaks, as discussed above.
I'd just found them listed somewhere online, and the reference I used had the yellow skin labeled as Fusion (Cyro), so I went with it.

I would say though, out of all these:
https://youtu.be/EYnBXDNFUbA?t=1729
This one (Metroid: Other M ) is my favorite of his in-game appearances.

My second favorite is Meta Ridley, from Metroid Prime
https://youtu.be/EYnBXDNFUbA?t=311

Not sure why I went with the blue one in Smash. I guess I liked the midnight blue variant of his colors on the SSBU model. I used the Mecha Ridley (the steel colored one with green wings) for a while, but kind of wanted to play as a more organic form so I changed skins.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I always take characters in their yellow alt, so seeing a GOLDEN RIDLEY maade my eyes cry. Now I live a happy life as a golden Ridley player.

Top Bottom