• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Rare character would you guys like to see next?

Which Rare character do you want most in Smash?

• Krystal

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Dixie Kong

Votes: 44 37.3%
  • Conker

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Joanna Dark

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Battletoads

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Juno/Vela

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jago

• Cranky Kong

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Funky Kong

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Lanky Kong

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Tiny Kong

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Chunky Kong

• Gruntilda

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Mumbo

• Fulgore

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
For me it would be Krystal because she is my favorite Star Fox character. Dixie would be 2nd with anybody else coming afterwards.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Where's the Cranky Kong option?

Pretend I did the ticky box on the Cranky Kong option. Give me that Scrooge McDuck move pool in Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Where's the actual Rareware characters they currently own? Fulgore? Jago? Conker? Gruntilda? Mumbo? And so on. There's quite a few notable Rareware characters that Nintendo doesn't own that not only have support threads, but people like. The poll is way too small(I can edit it for you if you want, but right now, imo, it's severely lacking).

Edit: Fulgore is actually the mascot, not Jago. Both should be an option, but one is way more likely than the other, including far more popularity(there's a reason Fulgore became the mascot, and it wasn't just the basic logo from the start, but he outshined Jago and B. Orchid quite heavily).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Where's the actual Rareware characters they currently own? Fulgore? Jago? Conker? Gruntilda? Mumbo? And so on. There's quite a few notable Rareware characters that Nintendo doesn't own that not only have support threads, but people like. The poll is way too small(I can edit it for you if you want, but right now, imo, it's severely lacking).

Edit: Fulgore is actually the mascot, not Jago. Both should be an option, but one is way more likely than the other, including far more popularity(there's a reason Fulgore became the mascot, and it wasn't just the basic logo from the start, but he outshined Jago and B. Orchid quite heavily).
I already put them all in the poll.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I already put them all in the poll.
To be fair, you put them in after I posted, and put Fulgore in after my edit.

I pay attention to the time pretty well. ;)

Anyway, thanks for updating it.

That said, would it be better to separate the Battletoads? I mean, only one of them got into Killer Instinct, so who is "the face" might matter. Either way, it looks like a lot more robust set of options now~

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To be fair, you put them in after I posted, and put Fulgore in after my edit.

I pay attention to the time pretty well. ;)

Anyway, thanks for updating it.

That said, would it be better to separate the Battletoads? I mean, only one of them got into Killer Instinct, so who is "the face" might matter. Either way, it looks like a lot more robust set of options now~
Well, I'm pretty sure I at least put Conker in there before you made your post, but it really doesn't matter.

Edit: I think the Battletoads could be one character like Hero and where they're all alts.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wish you could make it so I could vote for multiple characters, I mean you listed multiple characters in your first post...
Well... The question is "Which Rare character you want to see most get in?" So there would be no point of having that title if I allowed multiple votes.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Voted Conker, but Dixie isn't too far away. I just don't really think of Dixie as Rare since she's owned by Nintendo, while Conker isn't. The Battletoads, I think they should be the Rare AT more than anything else, or maybe Joanna Dark. They have great games, but... Iunno. The rest, well there's Horstachio or Fudgehog, but they're never gonna happen. If we see Viva Pinata in Smash as even a Spirit, let alone an Assist I'd be a happy camper, yet I don't think Viva is anywhere near important enough to warrant a Fighter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Fulgore easily.

Mind you, I consider the Kongs and Krystal more Nintendo characters than Rareware in this circumstance. Though Krystal otherwise. Dixie is secondary for me. So basically in the order of Fulgore > Krystal > Dixie Kong.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd definitely want Fulgore.

Killer Instinct was Nintendo's resident fighting game during the SNES and N64 eras. It was Rareware's, and by extension Nintendo's, own Street Fighter competitor. The game was crazy. It was hectic. It was flat-out wild. And out of all of the characters, Fulgore was easily the most iconic in the series. Fulgore would be my go-to pick if we were to have another Rareware character to join Banjo & Kazooie in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nobody since Conker may never happen as much as it would dissapoint me and I fear Killer Instict won’t be on Nintendo’s or Microsoft’s plans regarding Smash.

I would welcome any upcoming Rare rep after Banjo if they happened doh.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nobody since Conker may never happen as much as it would dissapoint me and I fear Killer Instict won’t be on Nintendo’s or Microsoft’s plans regarding Smash.
Sadly. This is why I consider Fulgore a no-hoper. Not just cause of Banjo's popularity alone. I felt Fulgore wasn't on the table at all. Only Banjo, Steve, and Master Chief.

I'd definitely want Fulgore.

Killer Instinct was Nintendo's resident fighting game during the SNES and N64 eras. It was Rareware's, and by extension Nintendo's, own Street Fighter competitor. The game was crazy. It was hectic. It was flat-out wild. And out of all of the characters, Fulgore was easily the most iconic in the series. Fulgore would be my go-to pick if we were to have another Rareware character to join Banjo & Kazooie in Smash.
He was so iconic and popular he became the official mascot of the series. Jago had nothing on him. Though to be fair, awesome robots tend to overtake ninjas sometimes. They're both very popular archtypes. Spinal is also very popular among the series too. I think beyond that, the last super popular one is B. Orchid? I don't know if Kim Wu and Maya got some popularity at all, besides for less wholesome reasons. Riptor and Cinder are noteworthy for being SNES exclusives(among the console games) till the third game came out(Gold. The Gameboy KI was nowhere near as good as the SNES one, but still was fun to play, imo).

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I understand that technically Dixie Kong isn't owned by Rare anymore, but she's the next Rare created character that needs to be included, more than anyone else on the poll imho.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I came here to vote for Dixie and Krystal, but then I saw the poll and ended up voting for Gruntilda as well, but I'm only half serious about that one. I want Dixie because Donkey Kong Country 2 is my all-time favorite game and Krystal because I think she could have a phenomenal moveset based on the staff from Star Fox Adventures.

I don't think we need characters like Cranky, Funky, and Conker. Rare is a very important part of Nintendo's history, but only a few of their characters have reached truly legendary status.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Honestly I really want the Battletoads and I have wanted them since Ultimate's launch. I'm bummed about how odd they look in the upcoming game, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I think a beat-'em-up rep could really have a lot of potential for Smash, and the Battletoads just have such a fitting aesthetic and move set for Smash in my opinion.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie, and Dixie again.

Of characters Rare/Microsoft actually ones, Gruntilda would be great, but Never Ever. Dixie is long overdue though.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Just for all characters owned by Nintendo, they're all prior candidates as long as their franchise can still nominate fighters. And beside if we're mentioning both Dixie and Banjo, then we should also count Wizpig and other characters from his game.

Outside NIntendo, it would better be a franchise that is iconic and not in the same company that own Banjo, especially when Microsoft also have other strong franchises that are not made by Rare. I don't feel we're likely seeing more Banjo characters, and not sure if Battletoads and Conker is prior to other Microsoft brands at this point.
However I don't see other options excluding thoe above. Unless we haven't mentioned another Rare franchise that owns by another company, or is there a Rare series that Rare can nominate by themselves?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just for all characters owned by Nintendo, they're all prior candidates as long as their franchise can still nominate fighters. And beside if we're mentioning both Dixie and Banjo, then we should also count Wizpig and other characters from his game.

Outside NIntendo, it would better be a franchise that is iconic and not in the same company that own Banjo, especially when Microsoft also have other strong franchises that are not made by Rare. I don't feel we're likely seeing more Banjo characters, and not sure if Battletoads and Conker is prior to other Microsoft brands at this point.
However I don't see other options excluding thoe above. Unless we haven't mentioned another Rare franchise that owns by another company, or is there a Rare series that Rare can nominate by themselves?
Rare is owned by Microsoft, so there are no Rare franchises that could be added without their input.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Now all I really really really want in the roster is Krystal, and I'd be nearly satisfied with the whole roster.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I personally would like the Battletoads revealed alongside the Lee Brothers from Double Dragon, but that's not very likely. Maybe also Fulgore or Orchid.

ze9

Smash Ace
Dixie, of course. She should have been in since a long time ago, and after Diddy, K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie she feels like the only really big, really popular Rare's breakout character not playable yet. She's definitely a cut above the others. And I like her a lot as a chatacter.
Gruntila and Conker would be awesome, too.
I wanted Krystal a lot back in the Brawl days, but now I don't really care about her.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Cranky is my guy. Dixie would be a pretty good choice too and her fans have waited for a while. Hell, datamines suggest she was originally going to appear with Diddy in Brawl.

The rest don’t really do anything for me.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I had to throw some love to the homegirl Dixie. Though if I could, I would've voted for Lanky too, he's a very close second.
In general, it's those two, plus Funky & maybe Conker. The rest...eh, they'd be fun, but I could do without.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I had to throw some love to the homegirl Dixie. Though if I could, I would've voted for Lanky too, he's a very close second.
In general, it's those two, plus Funky & maybe Conker. The rest...eh, they'd be fun, but I could do without.
Yeah, Conker would be funny, depending on the censorship.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wow, I’m somewhat surprised by the lack of Joanna Dark votes
Well, it's kind of hard to compete with Dixie Kong. XD

Plus, Perfect Dark barely had 2 games. She never felt like a major missing Nintendo-related character in the roster, like Banjo was. Even James Bond was more popular of the two. Hell, the rest of the Rareware(that they currently own) characters just can't compete with Banjo either. So it's not that surprising even now.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
I'd pick Dixie but she's out of the running by default for me because I believe Spirits deconfirm characters.

Fulgore would be pretty dope, but Killer Instinct might be a little too violent for Smash, in spite of being very cartoony. I'll go for him since I really couldn't care less about any of the other poll options (other than maybe Battletoads), and I'm not as well-versed with Rare characters as I should be.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, it's kind of hard to compete with Dixie Kong. XD

Plus, Perfect Dark barely had 2 games. She never felt like a major missing Nintendo-related character in the roster, like Banjo was. Even James Bond was more popular of the two. Hell, the rest of the Rareware(that they currently own) characters just can't compete with Banjo either. So it's not that surprising even now.
I think Perfect Dark is one of the crown jewels of Rare, and she definitely feels like a missing Nintendo character (at least to me). But then again, all them Rare characters are.

Obviously nobody compares to Banjo though.

Top Bottom